Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
its_cynthia_bby
0 Kudos

similar books to twilight

well ive read twilight, new moon and eclipse and i loved them
and i was wondering if anybody knew about any other books like those.
New User
Katies-story
0 Kudos

Re: similar books to twilight

I don't know if you've read them but the Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schrieber is very popular and continues with the whole vampire theme. I think there are four books in the series.
BN Editor
MattW

Katies-story wrote:
I don't know if you've read them but the Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schrieber is very popular and continues with the whole vampire theme. I think there are four books in the series.

Along with Vampire Kisses (thanks for mentioning this Katies-story), you might check out Melissa de la Cruz's Blue Bloods series, a great novel called Vampire Academy, and another novel called The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod. Hope you like them!
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

The best way to read more in your favorite subjects is to read the originals, so I suggest that you read "Dracula" by Bram Stoker (which has its own book club here) if you haven't read it yet. Embarassingly enough, I have actually not read Dracula yet myself... I know, ridiculous to recommend a book which I haven't read, right? I have seen several movie versions, however, and I have read the newly written sequels to Dracula: Bloodline and Reckoning by Kate Cary. There is also a graphic novel written of Dracula published by Puffin Graphics which you can probably find at websites such as Bookcloseouts.com or Alibris (.com or .net or something) if not at your local bookstore (the graphic novel may be out of print. I wouldn't know because I buy online most of the time :smileywink: ).
I spoke to a friend of mine and she recommends "Interview with the Vampire" by Anne Rice or any of her other works. Once again, I haven't read her yet.
Happy Reading! (I say that so often... should I just add it to my signature???)
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -- Amelia Earhart
May the Force of Fashion Sense be With You!! :smileyvery-happy:
New User
amanda_kristine8
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
the twilight books are my absolute favorite books!!! my best friend told me that until breaking dawn and midnight sun come out that i should read anne rice novels and so far they're all really good, so you should definitely read them!!!

Message Edited by amanda_kristine8 on 11-22-2007 11:24 PM
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

There's book called "Taste of the Night" and also, for werewolfs, try werewolf rising.
☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily

Maybe you could try the early Laurell K. Hamilton books. I actually don't care for the Vampire Kisses series even though I have read them all.
"In the end family is all that we have"
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

Oops -- I almost forgot to recommend (believe it or not) a TV show titled Buffy the Vampire Slayer (you can see that I'm a fanatic from my signature :smileywink: ) which features two vampire romances, one of which turns out to go very, very badly...
Another book: Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause (I hope I spelled that correctly). If you become emotionally attached to the book, DO NOT watch the movie of it. The movie, like the movie version of Eragon, will make you want to throw popcorn at the screen and leave to assassinate the evil producers/directors/whatever before they can brutally destroy someone else's movie experience. (Trust me, I learned this the hard way and nearly shrieked with fury...)
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -- Amelia Earhart
May the Force of Fashion Sense be With You!! :smileyvery-happy:
Distinguished Correspondent
musicangirl
0 Kudos

I would just like to say that everyone else is right about the Ellen Schreiber series Vampire Kisses, all four books so far rocked. And I can't wait until the next one!

Theirs also Morganville Vampires Series by Rachel Caine. Its about a young girl with smarts moving to Morganville, Texas. Which until she gets their doesn't know about the Vampires which inhabit the town. It's really good I'd recommend it to read. Their are 4 books out so far. It's just like Twilight,its got drama, vampires and romance involved in it.

Also I'd like to say that Vampire academy is a great book also.

Musicangirl
A book lover
~Mg

Sometimes people give up,
other times they move on,
and sometimes they just stay still.

I turned to the clarinets. They were a resourceful lot.~Jennifer Echols, Major Crush
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Hey, I just wanted to let Vampire Kisses fans know that Vampire Kisses #5: The Coffin Club is coming out July 2008. I just found out, so I thought I'd let all you vampire fans know!
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
New User
leahtucc
0 Kudos

The "marked" series is AMAZING. not as good as twilight. but still awsome. you deffinatly should read it
New User
catherin_doll
0 Kudos

Need Books!!!!! lol need help

I love vampire books and coming of age stories........... Also I really enjoy love stories.: Any suggestions??

I would really appreciate it.
Contributor
Jumpergurl78
0 Kudos

Re: Need Books!!!!! lol need help

As for love story books, The Summer Boys series by Hailey Abbott I thought was really good- I loved the series and read all four in less than two weeks. So I'd definetily recommend those. And also I'm in the process of reading, The nature of Jade- By: Deb Caletti. I'm about halfway through the book, BUT I LOVE IT. =) lol it's really good so far, and this one is another love/teen romance kind of book too. =) Hope these couple of recomendations help =]
*Changed my name to Bella
*Moved to Forks
*Acted like a danger magnet

..... so where's my Edward?
ABI
Frequent Contributor
ABI
0 Kudos

Re: Need Books!!!!! lol need help

What is it with this board and vampire books??!! lol okay. I'm obviously not up to date on any of these. what entails a vampire book? I never read much teen fiction. skipped to adult.

I think Twilight has something to do with vampires. maybe. haha, how much help am I? :smileyhappy:
"There is nothing easier than self-deceit."
"Bombing for peace is like f***ing for virginity"
"There is no such thing as death, only the absence of life."
"There is no end, unless you let it."
Frequent Contributor
Krisleyyy
0 Kudos

WaterLily wrote:
Maybe you could try the early Laurell K. Hamilton books. I actually don't care for the Vampire Kisses series even though I have read them all.

i agree with you here. Vampire Kisses was a good book, but it was the only good book. The rest were all right but I didn't get my fill of Vampires. My friend told me of a Sweep series. But I honestly don't exactly what that is about. The Daughters of the Moon series isn't about vampires but it is a pretty amazing series for someone that is waiting for Midnight Sun. (points to self) Also the Anne Rice are good. Queen of The Damned is very good.
and lather the blood on your hands,
Romeo.
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

I loved the Sweep series i read them in about a week and a half over summer break. But i am a fast reader. Luckily my friend had all of them because if you like them all you want to do is keep reading. Though I do have to say I did not care for the first one and the second one in my opinion i only liked the second half. A great thing about this series is you dont have to start reading them until like the third book because she always takes at least a chapter to fill you in on what has been happening. Though I dont suggest it, kind of makes you feel like you have missed something. Happy Reading.

Dont forget about music.
"In the end family is all that we have"
Frequent Contributor
Sally_Gauge
0 Kudos

What I have heard from other sites the Vampire Kisses books were gothic stereotypical.

I plan on getting the books even though thats generally what they are mostly about but I never heard if they were actually good beyond that point. Are they?
Contributor
Bookworm456
0 Kudos

I think Marked (by P.C. Cast and her daughter) is really good. It's also about vampyres (vampires). This one is in the view of the vampire by the way...
Love humiliates you. Hatred cradles you.
Contributor
twig824
0 Kudos

Well after I read the Twilight series I had moved to Vampire Kisses series, then I went on to Cirque Du Freak because a friend at school told me about how there are vampires but, it has more action so I guess you can read the Cirque series.
Contributor
twilight4ever
0 Kudos

I have read the twilight series (obviously) and sadly there is no other series that can live up to what Stephenie Meyer has written, but a few good series is dairy queen (sequal- the off season), a great and terrible beauty series, the clique series is okay, i'd tell you i love you but then i'd have to kill you series is okay too, and anything by sara dessen is great!
i don't SUFFER from addiction to Edward Cullen, i enjoy every second of it!! I LOVE TWILIGHT!!!!!!!!!