Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
kitkatt728
0 Kudos

Re: similar books to twilight

I have never actually read those books, but the book Wicked and The great and Terrible Beauty are excellent!!! I really enjoyed them!! Oh and also another excellent book is a book called Maximum Ride!! Which is really good!!
Contributor
wolfchick1692
0 Kudos

The Haunting of Alaizabel Cray and Poison (both by Chris Wooding) are amazing books. Neither of them contain vampires (or werewolves), but deal with demons and the supernatural. Excellent for those who like to read on the dark side of literature.
"The thing about trains... it doesn't matter where they're going. What matters is deciding to get on." -The Conductor from "The Polar Express"
BN Editor
MattW
0 Kudos

Hey just wanted to give the heads up to all you Twilight fans...we've received a press release that they've cast Edward Cullen in the movie! It's Robert Pattison, who played Cedric Diggory in the Harry Potter movies #4 and #5....
Matt
Teens Editor, B&N.com
Reader
bluangel4ever
0 Kudos

I havent read twilight and new moon and the eclipse, but ive heard really good things about them, theres a book called Blood and Chocolate by Laurie Halse Anderson(she also is the author of Fever, Speak and a few others, that are pretty good) thats really good, they made a movie about it but the book is way better. Then theres Ann Rice's book Interview with a Vampire, and that was made into a movie too.
Then theres The Kitty Series by Carie Vaughn, Kitty and the Midnight Hour, Kitty Goes to Washington and Kitty takes a Holiday( the 4th book will b out in Spring 08') but these series is more like werewolf, but it does have some vampire in it too, i highly reccomend!!!
Valerie
Contributor
LUVtheFLUFF247
0 Kudos

Any suggestions

Hey,
I am a big fan of the Twilight series. I just finished it and I am looking for another book to read. Preferably something kind of like the Twilight series. Do you have any suggestions???
~ "If all else perished, and he remained, I should still continue to be; and if all else remained, and he were annihilated, the universe would turn to a mighty stranger."
I nodded, again to my-self." I know exactly what she means. And I know who I can't live without." ~ Bella Swan
Contributor
skoolgirl101
0 Kudos

Re: Any suggestions

Personally, I haven't read the Twilight series yet but I hope my mom got me the series for Christmas! LOL! I've heard of this book series called Blue Bloods or something like that. It's about vampires, too. I hope that helped.
Contributor
ka_ka_katiex29
0 Kudos

Re: Any suggestions

I am a huge fan of the Twilight series, too, therefore I have been looking around for similar books (by reading these "message boards" and such). I haven't started reading this series yet, but I've heard the Vampire Kisses series is just like it.
New User
nightmare14
0 Kudos

really good book you should read!

it's by laurie stolarz she's made 4 book series blue is for nightmares,white is for magic,silver is for secrets,red is for rememberance! there really awsome books they have a little bit of everything mixed in with love romance,spell's and magic,highschool issues,nightmares and lot's more i promise you will love this books and if you are one of those twilight,new moon and eclipse fan reader peoples i promise when you finish reading all 4 series it will make it alot less harder for you to worry about the 4th series to stephinie meyer i promise!!!
Contributor
Jumpergurl78
0 Kudos

Re: really good book you should read!

I have the entire collection of the Nightmares books, But I've only read the first one so far, and I plan I re-reading it soon because It's been a while since I read it. I really want to finish the series, but just havent gotten around to it- because I've picked up other books that just caught my interest more. But is this series truly really good? =) Let me know, because maybe I'll start reading the books again sooner that I thought =]
*Changed my name to Bella
*Moved to Forks
*Acted like a danger magnet

..... so where's my Edward?
Contributor
Bookworm456
0 Kudos

I just bought that! I was really wondering if it would be good. I'm glad I found someone that likes it...
Love humiliates you. Hatred cradles you.
New User
princessmar
0 Kudos

Really good books i read recently:

The Usual Rules-Joyce Maynard

Life as we knew it- Susan Beth Pfeffer
Frequent Contributor
hprocks2121
0 Kudos

princessmar wrote:
Really good books i read recently:

The Usual Rules-Joyce Maynard

Life as we knew it- Susan Beth Pfeffer

i just finished life as we knew it. a little depressing, but very good.

"No, I was merely reading the Muggle magazines," said Dumbledore. "I do love knitting patterns."
Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. --Ferris Beuller
Contributor
ka_ka_katiex29
0 Kudos

Oh I thought it looked good...question, though. How do the books go in that series, like what is the first one, what is the second one, what is the third, etc.
Contributor
Rikindi
0 Kudos

Katies-story wrote:
I don't know if you've read them but the Vampire Kisses series by Ellen Schrieber is very popular and continues with the whole vampire theme. I think there are four books in the series.

I have to say that the first 'Vampire Kisses' was everything but good. Yes, it may follow the wonderful vampire theme that Stephanie Meyer has laid out, but it definately doesn't live up to the theme.
I found the book meaningless. There were a few good chapters here and there (There was a grand total of two chapters that were actually enjoyable.)

If you are a Twilight fan, you'd like Blood And Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause. It is a very good book, and there is a movie made from it. I haven't seen it yet, but I hope I will.
Contributor
Rikindi
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

nightmare14 wrote:
it's by laurie stolarz she's made 4 book series blue is for nightmares,white is for magic,silver is for secrets,red is for rememberance! there really awsome books they have a little bit of everything mixed in with love romance,spell's and magic,highschool issues,nightmares and lot's more i promise you will love this books and if you are one of those twilight,new moon and eclipse fan reader peoples i promise when you finish reading all 4 series it will make it alot less harder for you to worry about the 4th series to stephinie meyer i promise!!!

Although these books don't tie in very well with the Twilight series I can't help but agree that they are brilliant books.
While Twilight is more mythological, The Laurie Stolarz books are more of a real life Harry Potter.

Message Edited by Rikindi on 12-17-2007 06:36 PM
Contributor
Rikindi
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Jumpergurl78 wrote:
I have the entire collection of the Nightmares books, But I've only read the first one so far, and I plan I re-reading it soon because It's been a while since I read it. I really want to finish the series, but just havent gotten around to it- because I've picked up other books that just caught my interest more. But is this series truly really good? =) Let me know, because maybe I'll start reading the books again sooner that I thought =]

They truly are.

Message Edited by Rikindi on 12-17-2007 06:37 PM
Contributor
Rikindi
0 Kudos

Re: Need Books!!!!! lol need help

catherin_doll wrote:
I love vampire books and coming of age stories........... Also I really enjoy love stories.: Any suggestions??

I would really appreciate it.

Blood and Chocolate- Annette Curtis Klause
Contributor
Rikindi
0 Kudos

Sally_Gauge wrote:
What I have heard from other sites the Vampire Kisses books were gothic stereotypical.

I plan on getting the books even though thats generally what they are mostly about but I never heard if they were actually good beyond that point. Are they?

It's true.

There is only a few chapters that are interesting, the rest is boring.
New User
SmiLeeGirl
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
Just adding my thoughts

The Twilight Series is very much about Romance first the fact that many of the characters are vampires is important but still secondary.

In terms of a romantic theme Vampire Kisses is similar. Since both characters are really in love with each other however it seems a younger version perhaps "Twilight Light" If you are a mature reader this is probably too young for you.

The Vampire Diaries Series written in the Early 90s is being re-released. This is probably the closest thing that has given me the "Twilight Vibe" which is odd because I had read it 10 years ago but had re-read it recently. The leading lady has a more overt personality then Bella and the Vampire is not perfect as Edward is.

Blue Bloods and Masquarade by Melissa De La Cruz -- Develops a Vampire World that is interesting and the characters are somewhat romantically linked. The author seems to be writing several series so books are coming out slowly.

Morganville Vampires Series -- Has about the same amount of darkness in terms of bad dangerous things happening. The characters do have some romance but still not as much as in Twilight.

Silver Kiss(es?) / Sunshine are both books where humans meet and develop a relationship with vampires. I liked them both.

---------
Although they are not vampire themed
I enjoyed Wicked Lovely by Melissa Marr & Tithe/Ironside (skipped valient) by Holly Black

Didn't Really enjoy
Marked - by PC Cast -- Didn't really care for this one not going to finish the series
Vampire Academy -- More about friendship and fending off danger. Not too much romance. I didn't care for the main character.
Circu Du Freak -- couldnt get into it ... maybe I will pick it up later ...

On The Reading List
Vampire Beach, Sweep and Wicked.

Sorry for the typos and such -- I was tying in jumbles trying to organize stuff but I am tired and I need to sleep!!!

Message Edited by SmiLeeGirl on 12-19-2007 05:46 AM
Frequent Contributor
dianaprince
0 Kudos

For fans of Stephenie Meyer:
http://www.stepheniemeyer.com/twilight_movie.html
"Adventure is worthwhile in itself" -- Amelia Earhart
May the Force of Fashion Sense be With You!! :smileyvery-happy: