Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
-Bibliophile-
0 Kudos

Re: similar books to twilight

I didn't read through all seven pages (lol too many) so sorry if anyone's already mentioned this.

Meg Cabot's The Mediator Series is similar to Twilight except it isn't with vampires. It involves ghosts. The main character can see ghosts and she has to help the ghosts get to the other side. And it has a love story in it involving a ghost, so it's like a girl falling in love with a vampire.

=]

------------------------------------------------
Edward Cullen: Sexier than you since 1901
------------------------------------------------
Bibliophile: A lover of Books
New User
emily_sneed_vampire_lover
0 Kudos

Re: What Vampire books ROCK?

[ Edited ]

ok i'll tell you right no lots of the vampire books that i have read are not that great but some that i have i can't stop thinking about vampire acadamey, frost bite, shadow kiss these make up the vampire acadamey series, silver kiss, the vampire diaries series, the twilight series, interview with a vampire, and the marked seires are the best books i have ever read truely if you want romance action and just down right drama read these books!!!!

these books are my personal opinoin

Message Edited by emily_sneed_vampire_lover on 12-12-2008 05:51 PM
New User
twilight_freak
0 Kudos

hey so im just finished the twilight books and im kinda in a hole here on what i should read next i just looooooooooooovvvvvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeee the twilight books but i need something to read till midnight sun comes out in the board thing everyone says vampire kisses and vampire diarys are good, any recamendations on a good book i love the whole vampire mortale forbiden love type like twilight and im lookin for a good seirese that i can pick up till the next twilight.

email me your recamendations at

cocoamocolly3@hotmail.com

or IM me on aim at

cocoamocolly2@aim.com

i would love to hear some good books i could really use some

lol my mom started threatening me to ground me from my book when i was reading twilight because thats all i would do lol i couldn't put it down and she got really mad cuz i wasn't doin any of my chores lol it was kinda funny she even't went so far she came up to me and shut my book (made me loose my page) and she told me to turn on the TV and i was just like wow what kinda parent are you

lol

so any fantasy fiction romance books that would be good for a twilight freak???:smileyvery-happy:

~when life hands you lemons throw them back and DEMAND Edward Cullen~

Save the Volvo

Ride the ♥vampire♥ :smileytongue:

Contributor
forsythia
0 Kudos

I recommend reading any books by the author L. J Smith. All the books are being rereleased from the early 90's and imo are much better than the twilight series.

There are already 2 books out in the Vampire Diaries series. A third is being released in Feb 09 I believe.

I just finished reading The Secret Circle. Its about a coven of witches if you want something other than vampires. The second book in The Secret Circle is out on Dec. 23rd 08. Can't wait!

Theres also The Dark Night books. 2 books with 3 stories in each.

Its sad that any vampire type book is compared to a mediocre writer.

Frequent Contributor
cutecat
0 Kudos

you should read breaking dawn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:smileysurprised:

Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

ha.

i think stephenie meyer is much more than a mediocre writer.

hell, she would have to be atleast a decent writer to get as far as she did.

she's more than a decent writer though.

"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
New User
renesmeeAJ
0 Kudos

Some similar books that I have read to Twilight are: In the forests of the night, and the SookieStackhouse series. The Stackhouse series is a more adult version of things than a teen ,but i've read them and i liked it sort of.
Frequent Contributor
hayleylynnv
0 Kudos

idk if anyone has said The host or Need but also try saving zoe! they are great!!
We are young
We have heart
Born in this world as it all falls apart
We are strong
We don't belong
Born in this world as it all falls apart
~Hollywood Undead~
Contributor
gothgirl707
0 Kudos

there are really 5 books so far the auther is making it a 8 book series

the 5 books name is the coffin club

New User
twilight_freak
0 Kudos

so what is that seires about the coffin club well duh i know its about vampires lol but like what's the plot and like what level of reading would it be like is it more young adult or is it kind of an easy read?

~Liz

~when life hands you lemons throw them back and DEMAND Edward Cullen~

Save the Volvo

Ride the ♥vampire♥ :smileytongue:

Contributor
Tappin_Toes
0 Kudos

everyone's saying dracula, i'm reading that right now and it's really good but it's not like twilight....just because it's about a vampire doesn't mean it's like twilight at all.

I would agree with the person who mentioned meg cabot's the mediator, it's the same concept as twilight but with ghosts. i love it (:

He was the poet while she was the muse...
New User
xXbullet4myvalentinelvrXx
0 Kudos

Vampire kisses and Twilight are awesome, and I'm completely obsessed but there is no need to  fight over Edward and Alexender cuz they are both great
I see the children in the rain like the parade before the pain I see the love, I see the hate, I see this world that we can make I see the life, I see the sky, Give it all to see you fly Yes, we wave this flag of hatred, but you're the ones who made it Watch the beauty of all our lies passing right before my eyes I hear the hate in all your words. all the wars to make us hurt We get so sick of so sick, we never wanted all this Medication for the kids with no reason to live So we March to the drums of the d***ed as we come Watch it burn in the sun we are numb-Hollywood Undead-Young
New User
ghijkl_megan_opqrs
0 Kudos

The Twilight series is awesome and it's hard to compete with but this is what i did....

1. I started reading a book called Evermore by Alyson Noel - Awesome! Similar to twilight. The only sucky part is that the sequel doesn't come out until August 09 so once I read it, that was it. Now I have to wait haha

2. I started reading the House of Night Novel Series by P.C. Cast & her daughter Kristin Cast. Marked, Betrayed, Chosen, Untamed, Hunted. I'm done with all five and started them in May. Book six, Tempted, doesn't come out until October but the other five should keep you busy for a while. The Author's have also signed on for 6!! more books along with a movie so it's a good series, I highly recommend it!

Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

I'm almost finshed with "Evermore" by Alyson Noel, and if you like Twilight, than you will definatley love Evermore!

"We could do pizza."
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation
0 Kudos

Well, The Hunger Games isn't really similar to Twilight, but it left such a lasting impression on me that Twilight has. I thought it was truly amazing.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
New User
cablecat
0 Kudos

Older audience intended, the russian Watch series. Night Watch, Day Watch, etc etc. I enjoyed them, Night and Day were very good, Twilight was good, Last Watch was okay. Okay meaning not as riveting as the first three. Like the movies. Good movies, a bit off from the books but not bad enough to detract. Take the movies, and the books, as seperate entitys and enjoy them for what they are. The third movie will be crap, as it will be almost all American via production. I have passed along the books, and most folks that actually read them liked them although they are a more difficult read, partly because of the translation issues going to an english printed version. Character development was pretty good, plots are good, a few too many things thrown together sometimes makes it somewhat hard to follow the rules of the plot, but not bad. I saw the movies first, even with what was gotten wrong, helped a bit sort out the plots in the books. Might work vice versa as well. Basically, the characters are Others. Good ones, bad ones. Vamps, shape-shifters, wizards, witches, etc. Set in current times, it is all about the balance of each. Sergei Lukyanenko is the author. Other series are the Paolini (Eragon) and Patrick Rothfuss book(s). Still waiting on Patrick to get some more to the printing press.
New User
Rawrz
0 Kudos

I think  everyone should read The Host by Stephanie Meyers.

I thought it was pretty awesome, and it's similar to The Twilight Saga.

New User
Curlgurl2007
0 Kudos

The bigger questions is are you looking for another Vampire Series or another YA Romance type series?  I can answer for both. 

1. Vampires---There are tons of them these days and most of the other replies listed losts of decent ones.  But my favorite other than Twilight was The Sookie Stackhouse Novels (certainly not YA but great none-the-less) 

2. Other great YA finds.  Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins and it's sequel Catching Fire.  Lots of buzz about this new series and I highly recommend.  Evermore by Aylson Noel...very similar to twilight...just not as good, but still okay.  Graceling by Kristin Cashore.  The Uglies, Pretties, Specials by Scott Westerfield.  Wake and Fade by Lisa McMann---I loved these so intriguing and I love the authors writing style.  Lament by Maggie Steifvater.

That should be enough to get you started. 

Contributor
tracyjill
0 Kudos

New User
bre_1996
0 Kudos

its_cynthia_bby wrote:
well ive read twilight, new moon and eclipse and i loved them
and i was wondering if anybody knew about any other books like those.

I need some help what are some good books like twilight

thank you,

anonymous