Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
snowbunny88
0 Kudos

Re: similar books to twilight

I didnt read all the replies but if you havent already, I recommend the House of Night series by P.C. Cast and Kristin cast and the Sookie Stackhouse series by Charlaine Harris. Both are soooo good and such fast reading

Contributor
chris1o1
0 Kudos

Yes I am! I have a website now also! It is full of information, a book trailer and anything you would want to know about me or the series! Check it out! I honestly believe you would LOVE this new series, it has vampires unlike any before! 

http://www.emovamp.citymax.com/otherlinks.html

Contributor
chris1o1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Wonder A Thief of Life Novel If you like Twilight, you will LOVE the Thief of Life Series! Wonder - is the title of the first book and is available right here on B&N!  I am the author of this great new series with vampires unlike any you've ever dreamed of and the ultimate love story! Check out my website for all the information, book trailer and reviews! 

http://www.emovamp.citymax.com/otherlinks.html

Contributor
chris1o1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Contributor
chris1o1
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

New User
lovergirl411
0 Kudos

I love Twilight too but i also find that i enjoy books that are both similar and different at the same time. Many people have recomended "Vampire kisses" and although I have read the first two books, I cannot say that the series is one of my favourites. But i can tell you what a few of my favourites are....

Vampire Academy series

Blue Bloods series

House of Night series

Immortal Instruments Trilogy

True Blood series ( Sookie Stackhouse), more for adults readers

Wake Trilogy

Night World series

Evermore by Alyson Noel (book one)

Blue Moon by Alyson Noel (book two), I believe there are four of this series, though I'm not sure the name of the series

And Vampire Diaries are good also 

I hope this has helped you and you take interest in some of these

Contributor
ravenclawraindancer
0 Kudos

I don't know if this has been suggested yet - but Night World by L.J. Smith. Or any L.J. Smith books really. They're so similar to the Twilight books, I wouldn't be surprised if Meyer "borrowed" some of her ideas from them. 

New User
boo9763

I have been reading a lot of the comments on this page and I realized that what I think most people are trying to find is the feeling that you get when you read the Twilight series. The books are endearing and so are the Characters. You almost TASTE what the book is trying to convey when you read it. The love story is very addictive. It is the Love that we all crave. That irravocably loyal love. And then theres the "Forbidden" part that makes us yearn for Edward and Bella to be together.

I think the writer truely struck a nerve with this novel. I would almost go so far as to say that it would be hard to find another book or series of books quite like it! Its like a drug. I have read lots of books that I couldnt put down but this one....well it just shakes you to your very core. It is...Priceless!

If anyone were to have written a book even half as good as this one, im sure that it would have been turned into a movie already, itself. Only Harry Potter but of course its not a love story.

The question isnt if there are any other books similar to Twilight..the question should be are there any LOVE stories/novels as well written or as addictive as Twilight.

Contributor
_Star_
0 Kudos

I have seen a bunch of books like it, or reminds me of I anyways. The one that I think most resembles like twilight has to be 

Fallen   Kate. 

I think mainly cause it like the SAME concept. Dude a love triangle, one boy is distance and the other is like  supposedly in love with her.

So its like OMG this is Twilight remix.

But it was a good book.

Mlexis
New User
boo9763
0 Kudos

Fallen was a good book. There are books out there that are really good reads. Since reading the twilight series, I have yet to find a love story that is as arm twisting.

There isnt anything wrong with that...at least I don't think so. It makes it a classic.

Every romance has a story to tell and there are lots of beautiful love stories but I think the whole story of Bella and Edward is hard to compete with. I think what makes the story so, "OVER THE TOP" beautiful is the very real danger involved in the relationship. (and yet again, their relationship is Taboo to the extreme) Its kind of ironic how, here is this boy, trying to keep this girl safe all the time and he is the epitome of danger.

This story also appeals to women more specifically, I think, because here is this real guy and this real girl and this real love...He doesn't act like the typical vampire-  hes a night in shining armor...he is pretty much, just about, every girls dream! Totally unatainable, totally sweet, totally old fashioned and the ultimate protector. If anyone can Top that...Ill kiss there behind! LOL!

New User
lucretia51
0 Kudos

i loved the house of night series - not as good as Twilight though

i've heard of this new vampire romance series coming out next summer - Angels of the Night. Someone said it's the next Twilight.

www.theangelsofthenight.com

actually looks pretty good - not sure if I can wait until next summer though!

New User
lucretia51
0 Kudos

Has anyone heard of Paula Kennedy? She's the author of Angels of the Night - can't seem to find anything she's written other than this - maybe she uses another pen name or soemthign

New User
VickiP17
0 Kudos

@boo9763

Your comment is exactly what I was thinking. I am not looking for a "vampire" book. I would like to find a book that has that much passion between two people.

The love story is very addictive. It is the Love that we all crave. That irravocably loyal love. And then theres the "Forbidden" part that makes us yearn for Edward and Bella to be together.

I don't want some cheesy love story you see a middle aged woman reading because she is bored with the romance in her marriage......I want something like in Twilight. Something that helps you remember what it was like when you were first in love. That feeling of passion and wanting to "die" to be with that person.

Where are those books?

New User
Marian_B
0 Kudos

I completely agree with that last comment - what I loved about Twilight was the heart-pounding romance, not so much the fact that it involved vampires - all though that made it a bit more exciting :-)

I have read tons of books ever since Twilight - I think you can safely say Twilight got me into a reading addiction! And I have been looking for that same type of romance.

Of the books I've read, a few stood out with a great romance..these are:

Poison Study by Maria V Snyder

Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles

Graceling by Kristin Cashore

Need by Carrie Jones

The Body Finder by Kimberly Derting

The Host by Stephenie Meyer

Wake by Lisa McMann

For more tips, have a look at my blog where I've reviewed all the books I read post-twilight:

http://readingaftertwilight.wordpress.com/

Happy reading!

Wordsmith
darkangel_1988
0 Kudos

I found myself comparing these books with Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, and Breaking Dawn :smileytongue:

Angel Star

Lemniscate

Fireligh

Hush, Hush

Crescendo

Fallen (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #1)

Torment (Lauren Kate's Fallen Series #2)

The Iron King

Winter's Passage

The Iron Daughter

The Iron Queen  t  

New User
VampGirl993
0 Kudos

I totally agree with you after i read twilight (amazing series) i got sucked into the world of books which i honestly didn't like but then i liked that feeling of getting into a good book and it eventually lead to different series. idk if you've read the Vampire Academy Series or the Mortal Instruments but i would defintely recommend them both good reads:smileyhappy:

New User
boo9763
0 Kudos

Two books that stuck with me after I read them:

Providence by Jamie Mcguire

Shades of Atlantis by Carol Oats

I think the second one's love story is a little to overbearing but it is very sweet.

Providence had more of a Bella and Edward type romance.

Check them out if you guys get a chance.

New User
emilywilliams81
0 Kudos

I'd recommend the Pact Arcanum series by Arshad Ahsanuddin (http://pactarcanum.com/). The first book's called Sunset.

It's similar to Twilight in the sense that it's about vampires and paranormal romance, but focuses more the vampire wars. They're great books.

Contributor
Rosie1486
0 Kudos

I'm reading the Thirst series and I think they're awesome books.

I LOVE vampire books!!!!!!!!!