Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Janice00
0 Kudos

Re: What Vampire books ROCK?

thank you. add more if you can and tell me how the books turn out
-Janice
"Pain is inevitable.
Suffering is optional."
--Me
Frequent Contributor
Bri-dep
0 Kudos

Re: similar books to twilight

Vampire Beach wasn't that good. I read the first two books and I just didn't enjoy it that much.

The Sweep series is REALLY good. I love it!

Wicked was very good, too!
*~*~*~*~*~*
bri
"If you've read a thousand different novels, you've lived a thousand different lives."
New User
emily_the_bookworm
0 Kudos

The book Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause was amazing!! I couldn't put it down!

Blood and Chocolate is a book about 16 year old werewolf named Vivian who lost her father (who was the pack leader) in a fire. The pack moves up north to start a new life but everyones fighting and cannot decide who should be the new leader. Then Vivian meets a human boy and starts to have feelings towards him. The pack does not approve of Vivian see Adian(the human). But will Adian still stick around after he learns that Vivian's a werewolf?
Frequent Contributor
GCACheerldr14
0 Kudos

The Sweep books ARE really good. There a series that once you start you have no choice but to keep going.
Kacy -/--

"When you follow your heart, you should have no regrets. When you follow someone elses, those regrets may lose your heart." -anonymous
Isaiah 41:28-31- life verse
New User
MrsEdwardCullenx17944
0 Kudos

Vampire Book Descussion

I just got into vampire books. Of course the twilight series was unbelievable and you can't go wrong with dracula.  Any other good vampire books?
"It wasn't Gran who called my name, and we both turned to see the addition to our small reunion. I didn't have to look to know who it was; this is a voice I would know anywhere-know, and respond to, whether I was awake or asleep..or even dead, I'd bet. the voice I'd walk through fire for-or, less dramatically, slosh everyday through the cold and endless rain for. Edward."
Frequent Contributor
Kate_b
0 Kudos

vampier books (al the rave)

Several teens love the twilight serius, but what about all the other great vampire novles out there? It all stared with folk lengedns then moved on to be a great world famous book called Dracula.Then after some more vampiper books they made them into movies. Which brout popularity to monster movies. So why dose twilight get all the props? I admit it's a great stoory but not nesacarally the best vampire book. A few other recent good vampire books are Marked,Betrayed,Girls that Growl,and silver kiss. Just to say a few and these monster there lots of good other fantsy books with more mithical creaturs. So the thing i'm trying to ask is has any one noticed this? or is it just me?
P.S -sorry if i spelled things wrong
P.S.S - sorry if i have insulted any one opions
all due respect:smileyhappy:
A verey merry un-birthday to you and you. and you is it your un -birthday too?
Frequent Contributor
Book-Worm
0 Kudos

Well, I have to admit that I haven't read too many vampire books besides the twilight series, but there's this one book I found at Borders once that was about a teen goth girl with diabetes who has a theory about vampires. I don't remember the name, but it sounds really interesting! Tell me if you know the name of this book, or if you know of other good vampire stories!
The Biggest Book-Worm,
Abby
New User
live_love_soccer
0 Kudos

Ok, I completely agree with those that say the vampire kisses series is not that great.  I have quite a list of recommendations that are so much better.  For instance, The Marked series is really fantastic, or there is a book called Boys that bite, that's kind of along the same lines as Twilight series.  There are also some books by R.L. Stein called the dangerous girls series, its not as... mature as the Twilight series, but it's still pretty good.  And finally, the Vampire Diaries series.  These are creepier than the Twilight series, but very very good.  Hope this helps!!
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

I'm not sure if anyone has suggested this yet, but Interview with the Vampire is a AMAZING book. In fact all of Anne Rice's Vampire Chronicles are great. As well as the traditional Dracula. Also The Historian is great, its got a lot of the myth of how Dracula became a vampire legend.
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
Contributor
Lydia
0 Kudos

any good books?

ive read the twilight series,
the house of night series
and wicked

so does anybody recommend any good books along those lines?
New User
smartieslover18
0 Kudos

There is a three book series called The Vampire Chronicles which is fantastic. Their pretty short, but jam packed.  their awsome.
Frequent Contributor
Bella-Swan
0 Kudos

what books are cool

what books do you think are cool tell me your ideas
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE DRUNK, DRUNK BELLA SAID, YES DRUNK YOUR ARE INTOXICATED BYMY VERY PRESENS
Frequent Contributor
edwardshawt101
0 Kudos

yeah ive heard about those book but i never got around to finding them or reading them. it sounds pretty interesting though.

(i get my book quotes at http://www.famousquotes.com/search.php?cat=1&search=Book
Frequent Contributor
Bella-Swan
0 Kudos

Re: what books are cool

saving juliet is cool
FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE DRUNK, DRUNK BELLA SAID, YES DRUNK YOUR ARE INTOXICATED BYMY VERY PRESENS
Frequent Contributor
Bella-Swan
0 Kudos

Re: vampier books (al the rave)

yeah peaple dont talk about all the other books you could go to my page and put your cool books there in the whats cool post and tell every one what you think is cool
Frequent Contributor
Bella-Swan
0 Kudos

books like stephen meyer

i have all of stephen meyers books and the chosen series so do you have any ideas for books to help the peaple on the boerd when there
Frequent Contributor
twilightfanatic101
0 Kudos

what is the vampire series about. dont tell me every thing cause i might want to read them.
~The hunter smiled in a friendly way as he suanted forward to kill me.~

~Life is Short, So Break The Rules, Forgive Quickly, Kiss Slowly, Laugh Uncontrolably, and NEVER Regret Anything That Once Made You Smile.~
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

Some people have been comparing the story line of The Vampire Diaries to Twilight, I havn't finished it yet, but its pretty good.
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
New User
team_edward01
0 Kudos

I love the whole twilight series really I can't stop myself from reading them again and again! For something new I would recommend the Uglies series by Scott Westerfeld (it's four books Uglies, Pretties, Specials, Extras). They have nothing to do with vampires at all but I found them to have the same keep the pages turning feeling as Twilight (although Twilight will always be my favorite).

Another series by Scott Westerfeld I really enjoyed was Midnighters (it's three books I believe). Both of the series Uglies and Midnighters mix in the under lying romantic story if that is what you are looking for, but that is not all they are about they are both really great adventure stories.

The last book I can think to recommend would be A Great and Terrible Beauty by Libba Bray. Again this book and the other ones I mentioned are not about Vampires, but what they had that was similar to the Twilight series was there underlying love story.
Jake: Yes. May the best MAN win.
Edward: Sounds about right . . . PUP.
New User
alice90
0 Kudos

Vampire Kisses is a very good series. There are 4 books that go with that. Also "Got Fangs"&"Circus of the darned" is another 2 book series that is good easy reading.

Im working on Anne Rice stories right now, but thats just to hold me over until Breaking Dawn comes out!!! Cant Wait.
"And the lion fell in love with the lamb.." -Twilight
"When other little girls wanted to be ballet dancers, i kind of wanted to be a vampire" -Angelina Jolie