New User
uh-lee-see-uh
0 Kudos

Re: Vampire Book Descussion

i just got done reading the twilight series fpr the 3rd time and not i just picked up bloodline. thats a great book!
"you are exactly my brand of heroin"
Frequent Contributor
iamwhoyouthinkiam
0 Kudos

Re: Vampire Book Descussion

If you're into the Vampire thing, hold on for a year or two! I'm writing one for you!!!
"Violent Hayes, I learned those moves from watching nature shows on television. Those are, in fact, the exact contortions a wildebeest manifests when it is being devoured alive by a pride of hungry lions."
(David Klass, You Don't Know Me)

I Am Who You Think I Am
New User
uh-lee-see-uh
0 Kudos

Re: similar books to twilight

i cant wait!
"you are exactly my brand of heroin"
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

Ohh, a vampire book?
Sweet.
By the way, You Don't Know Me, is one of my favorite books.
=]
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
New User
potentiallyproblematic
0 Kudos

Re: Need Books!!!!! lol need help

I enjoy a lot of mixed book generas (i think...) so far I have liked :
The book thief
Tamar
The vampire diaries
Uglies series
Through the looking glass seies
Alice in wonderland
Midnighters series
The bartimus triligy
Pucker
Friction
The chronacles of Vladimir Tod
the city of ember
The wizard heir
Chosen series
Blue bloods series
Maximum ride sreies
Artimis fowel series
Pendragon series
Harry potter series
Keys to the kingdom seies
Farie wars series
and a ton that I can't remember all of these were great though. mostly fantacy/sci-fi fiction.
Hope I helped you on you quest for new books to enjoy!
Contributor
votre_nuisette
0 Kudos

what is Uglies about?

xoxo~Lynn
Contributor
Dafishpond
0 Kudos

Has anyone read Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith? I was just wondering if it is worth the time.
-Never judge a book by it's movie- J.W. Eagan
Frequent Contributor
katull
0 Kudos

I read it, it was a fast read...
Not an amazing one though, if you want a really good werewolf book I suggest Blood and Chocolate, it's AMAZING.
"Some books should be tasted some devoured, but only a few should be chewed and digested thoroughly."
Frequent Contributor
iloveloveloveedward
0 Kudos

Dafishpond wrote:
Has anyone read Tantalize by Cynthia Leitich Smith? I was just wondering if it is worth the time.

i read it, it has werewolf and vampires, i didnt like it, if u like Twilight i dont think u will it cuz i think that it not well written.
**DLN**
Contributor
Dafishpond
0 Kudos

Thank you. I will definately look into Blood and Chocolate and move Tantalize to the bottom of the pile.
-Never judge a book by it's movie- J.W. Eagan
Frequent Contributor
Kate_b
0 Kudos

Yeah it's called sweet blood i'm going to read it after I finsh read hitch hickeers guied to the galxy

Book-Worm wrote:
Well, I have to admit that I haven't read too many vampire books besides the twilight series, but there's this one book I found at Borders once that was about a teen goth girl with diabetes who has a theory about vampires. I don't remember the name, but it sounds really interesting! Tell me if you know the name of this book, or if you know of other good vampire stories!

A verey merry un-birthday to you and you. and you is it your un -birthday too?
Frequent Contributor
bookgirl205
0 Kudos

I have read twilight. I enjoyed the books. Some simliar books are The House Of Night Series by PC and Kirsten Cast. The Wicked Series is also great .

BookGirl205:robotvery-happy:
Im with the vampires of course.... Bella Swan
New User
CatastrophexKid
0 Kudos

I highly recommend City of Bones by Cassandra Clare. It is an awesome book which in my opinion isn't better than Twilight but it was still very good. It's funny and romantic but also has it's share of action. 
My friend recommended it and she says that she likes the main male character in it better than Edward Cullen. After reading both books, I find it quite close but I still like Edward more but when you read it, it's your desicion to make. City of bones is more into demons than vampires but there are vampires and werewolves in it. There are also shmexiful Shadowhunters who are awesome. Lol. This book it followed by City of Ashes and then City of Glass. It is a really good book and while you are waiting for Breaking Dawn to come out you should read it. I'm still waiting for City of Ashes to come out and after reading the first chapter I can't wait!

I hope you take my advice! :smileyvery-happy:

||...He turned to follow her with the blood sizzle of death on his lips...||
Contributor
mlpotter
0 Kudos

City of Ashes is already out and it is an excellent book.  The third book in the series is due out in March 2009.  It is gonna be called City of Glass.  If you go online to www.mortalinstruments.com you can read the first part of the third book.
~Myshell~

~"We have forever. I'll see you again," he answered with certainty.~
Frequent Contributor
thebluewriter2
0 Kudos

Re: What Vampire books ROCK?

all i have read is the twilight saga and vampire academy
New User
Funky_Fabby
0 Kudos

you guys should all try reading "marked", "betrayed" and "chosen" by p.c and kristin cast! its a series of 4 books so far they go with the whole vampire theme! it will eventually have 5 books in total
Distinguished Correspondent
BLUEICEGAL
0 Kudos

hmm its a shame everyones read vampire kisses, chosen etc but there are non at my local library feel like im missin out why do u think there not out yet
Wanna know the awesomeness that is moi??? movies, artists, gossip and the latest reviews of your fav books not to mention my upcoming twilight parody that i am currently working on is all here folks!! @ My Blog Fantasy4eva spread the word girls :smileyhappy:
Fantasy4eva
Frequent Contributor
HPlover7
0 Kudos

Re: What Vampire books ROCK?

i just finished reading the second "Kissing Coffins" book in the series. its a vamp romance, but the girl is goth.....so idk if ur into that stuff...

Bite Me! (only Edward, please) 
Frequent Contributor
HPlover7
0 Kudos

votre_nuisette wrote:
what is Uglies about?

i actually couldn't really tell you, but i have the book and it has been on my reading list for forever! i think its about a girl that instead of wanting to be beautiful when she comes of age, like everyone else, she tries to hide from it. a lot of my friends have read it and thought it was great!   I HOPE I HELPED!!! :smileywink:

New User
mereana_Pink
0 Kudos

if you want some good vampire books here are some good ones that i found after reading the twilight series: The vampire diaries by L.J. smith Marked (the house of night series) by PC Cast and Kristin Cast Vampire kisses series by Ellen Schrieber Blue bloods by Mellisa de la cruz Masquerade by Mellisa de la cruz Umm some people might say the anne rice interview with a vampire is a good one. I got really bored with that one. I recommend the movie its good but the book was kind of boring but that is my opinion i cant think of any other books srry :[