Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
yourgirlie
0 Kudos

Re: similar books to twilight

I didn't feel like reading through the six pages of posts to see if this has already been mentioned, lol.  But I highly recommend City of Bones and City of Ashes (books 1 & 2 of the Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare, respectively).

My love for Clary and Jace (the main characters) rivals my love for Bella and Edward.

My suggestion would be to go to your local Barnes & Noble and buy them BOTH immediately :smileywink:

**Oh, and buy a member card while you're at it....says the Barnes & Noble Bookseller :smileytongue:** 
Contributor
Super_Nerd
0 Kudos

="Evernight" by Claudia Grey
=Vampire Kisses
=Blood and Chocolate by Annette Curtis Klause
=A Great and Terrible Beauty
=the Uglies trilogy by Scott Westerfeld (as well as Peeps)
=When The Wind Blows by James Patterson (though there's a bit of "maturity" since this isn't aimed toward an adolescent audience, so be cautious)
=the looking glass wars

I'd say they're all pretty satisfying, so.. yeah! I hope they help!
"... and I knew I would not grieve
if life should end as you held me"
-"Loving Again" by Gloria Wade-Gayles
New User
daphilya13
0 Kudos

The A Great and Terrible Beauty Series is most satisfying. Well that is if you like mythical creatures, adventure, and love stories, only then though.
Sunshine and Magic
Contributor
teenage_fanpire
0 Kudos

It's kind of hard to find a book similar to the Twilight Saga because come on its Twilight!
The Vampire Diaries Series was a BIT similar.
Anyone who says they have only one life to live must not know how to read a book. ~Author Unknown
New User
vampiresRforever
0 Kudos

After reading Twilight (which I resisted actually BECAUSE it was a vampire book) my friend got me hooked on the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristen Cast. Those are really good. Then I read Vampire Kisses, which had been mentioned a few times on here. For the rest of my favs in the vampire community, I'm not sure about the order.
Vampirates is pretty good, it has less romance and is a little younger, but for something easy to read, its fun/
Vampire Academy
Vampire Diaries.
La Vida Vampire was OK. Not great, but its got vampires, so who cares. And if there's a sequel (there has to be!) I'm getting it.
Morganville Vampires

Not totally full of vampires, but vampires (and werewolves) are in it, along with a lot of sarcasm, a little fluff, and characters that make you react, is the Mortal Instruments series. very good.
Vampire Beach
Bloodline (haven't read the sequel yet, but I will...)
Dracula was ok.
I've heard Cirque du Freak and Blue Bloods were excellente.
Cry of the Icemark (also havent read, but heard its good.)

That's about it. For werewolves, I've heard Blood and Chocolate is really good, and my friend had me convinced to read it, until I found out it was about werewolves and not vampires. (I was VERY anti jacob at the time)

Contributor
iluvtwilight
0 Kudos

good vampire luv story books-

evernight by claudia gray
nightworld book 1,2,3 by l.j. smith

thats the only other vampire books ive read besides twilight
Frequent Contributor
twilightlover
0 Kudos

um have you read The Host by stephine meyer yet its another love story
Carlisle: I've seen vampire venom work miracles,but there are conditions that even venom cannot overcome."
Contributor
mlpotter
0 Kudos

ok I feel bad foryou guys.  I have only been looking for the next book for maybe 6 months.  That has seemed like forever to me.  I even got on one of the author's websites trying to find out when another book would come out and still have not heard.
~Myshell~

~"We have forever. I'll see you again," he answered with certainty.~
New User
Slayerlml
0 Kudos

If you're looking for books similar to Twilight, you'll love Linda Lael Miller's Vampire series!  They are fantastic with characters you'll love!  I never thought I'd find anything close to them until I ran into Twilight, New Moon and Eclipse, now I'm hooked!  I've read each one 3 times!  Can't wait for Breaking Dawn.

Try Linda's 4 saga series, it's full of Vampire Romance, Warlocks and mortals in love with them!  The first is "Forever and the Night", the next is "For All Eternity", "Time Without End" and the final is "Tonight and Always".

They'll keep you captivated until Breaking Dawn is available.  Happy Reading!

Slayerlml

Frequent Contributor
ImAnEdWaRdGiRl
0 Kudos

Vampire Beach, Vampirates, and Cry of the Icemark were all really really good. I would recomend then to everybody. Peeps by Scott Westfield was really good to. The sequel to Cry of the Icemark is Blade of Fire and the sequel to Vampirates is Vampirates Tide of Terror.
~No Emmett. I punched a werewolf in the face!~

Red heads have more fun!!!
Contributor
Dizzanne
0 Kudos

There is a series known as The Gemma Doyle Trilogy..the first book is called 'The Great and Terrible Beauty' the second is called 'Rebel Angels' and the third is entitled 'The Sweet Far Thing.' the series is similar to twilight as they are also fantasy novels.There are no vampires or girls being torn between a friendly, warm-blooded werewolf and a sexy,ice-cold vampire....but it is a very good series that is totally relateable and well-written by the author Libba Bray. Try it, you will love it cynthia!
“I promise to love you forever—every single day of forever. Will you marry me?” ~ Edward to Bella
:smileyhappy:so many books...so little time:smileyhappy:
**i am a sucker for vampires**(pun intended) :smileywink:
Contributor
vampyrexpixie
0 Kudos

well, if by similar you mean vampire love story, there's plenty of books. :]

there isn't the same level of romance or action in any of these books, but if you like twilight you will most likely love these:

•vampire kisses series

•house of night series

•morganville vampires series

•bitten and smitten

there's many more i can't think of right now, but those series are amazing. 

♥s.
Frequent Contributor
EdwardLover
0 Kudos

Those are all good!!  but has anyone heard about the fanices book the steph has written also?? it is like midnight sun! i was going read it anyone eles?? :smileyindifferent: 
Im tired of trying to stay away from you, Bella
- Edward

I promise to love you forever, every single day forever, will you marry me? - Edward
Frequent Contributor
krazy4twilight
0 Kudos

It depends on what you mean.

Vampires

or 

Romance?

If your talking about Vampires - then check out this

Cirque Du Freak

MonganVille Vampire Series - which has a little romance in it.

Vampire Kisses

Being Normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must feel.
New User
rachelcm
0 Kudos

hey !
i love the twilight series too ! 
why don't you try The Vampires Diaries seriies .. Did you know that Twilight was baised off of them?
they are pretty amazing ! 

New User
sprunkner
0 Kudos

i hope you guys have read harry potter i think even though it doesn't have a lot of vampires it's as good as twilight

i read a really freaky vampire book called Fevre Dream by George R.R. Martin a little while ago. if you like to be scared it was really freaky.

New User
texchicknsf
0 Kudos

so, i guess im a little late on the twilight series, as i just read ALL four books last week. some nights i stayed up all night bc i couldn't put the book down.

im having SERIOUS bella/edward withdrawal symptoms.

im searching vampire diaries, found it in paperback. anyone know where i might be able to get the ebook version? for all 4 books?

Frequent Contributor
stefanie_kennedy2000
0 Kudos

i would just google it.

&she thanks Jesus for the daises and the roses(:
-jars of clay
New User
deedra
0 Kudos

vampire kisses is kinda similar to the twilight series. i means its about vimpires and all but it not nearly as exciting but, the morganville vampire series is definently up there with the twilight saga! check it out hope u like it but dont read to fast because the fifth book isnt coming till january 6!
Frequent Contributor
WaterLily
0 Kudos

Okay I just have to say that I really hated The Vampire Kisses series.  I think it is very one dimensional.  And I really dont like the writing style. I just did not like it over all.  Same with the Cirque Du Freak series by Daren Shan.  I made it through like five of them and I just really could not get into them.  I did not like the writing style or the story line of either.  Horrible. Anyway sorry about that.  For short reads I would reccomend Amelia Atwater-Rhodes books In The Forest of the Night, Demon in my View, Midnight Predator, and Shattered Mirror. They all have vampires in them and most of them the narrator is a vampire. Just keep in mind she was 13 when she wrote the first one so they are not grammatically perfect.  And Casandra Clare's Mortal Instrument series is amazing.  I love her writing style.
"In the end family is all that we have"