Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

snow days!

i would just like to say that i love snow days....especially when theyre called off the night before...

i had one today! (good thing too, i had a biology test today)

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

Re: snow days!

i wish it would snow where i live!

it hasnt snowed here since i was like two!

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Lol

Me too! :smileyhappy:

I had one on Tuesday!

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

where i live is usually good for 3 snow days...although sometimes we get llike 7 or 8( and have to make it up. blah)

lol

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

you lucky ppl!!

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

thanks...i think this one had something to do with karma...lol

ok so i am like mayor of procrastinate-ville. so its 11 and i finally finish my french which took me an hour, and my dad comes in and is like- you have no school...

now if i hadnt done my homework

( like i usually dont)

then i prolly would have had to wait till the morning to hear it or it might not have happenned...

although we did have a winter strom advisory till 4 today, and are still expected to get up to 8 more inches...

did that make any sense?

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

My school's lucky!

We DON'T have to make up the snow day!

"I didn't have quite same...upbringing as my adopted siblings here. My begining was something else entirely."
Jasper
~Eclipse~
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

YAY I had a snow day yeaterday and it was great. The only problem was they announced it in the morning so I satyed up till like midnight finishing it. But I was justy happy I had no school. We have 5 snow days where I live and if you have any more than that than you have to make them up at the end of the year.

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

same here...we have five free days and if you get more than you have to make it up

personally i think we go to school enough...

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101
0 Kudos

we had 2 snowdays this week

we were supposed to go back to school on thursday

(eventhough i thought we went back wednesday haha silly me)

and then they were all "snow day tomorrow"

so we had no school thursday and the same on friday

so i had no school this last week =)

3 week winter break yay!!

lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

You guys suck. We had 12, count 'em TWELVE inches of snow, and did we get a snow day? No. because District 86 is the dumbest district ever. The superintendants told us that  we have so few days off, if you took off the extra days we have, we would get out school in April. Addtionally, our last day of school isn't even decided until the last week! So unfair! And we get no free days. If we have off one day for whatever reason, we make it up. Also, not counting winter break, we've had 3 days off school, and 1/2 the 10am starts than any school in the area.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

wow. that sucks...

my cousin has had lilke 8 snow days so far....

i have to be st school at 7.30....that is soo early

when do you guys start?

Wordsmith
J.R._BookWorm
0 Kudos

Cheyenne_Catina wrote:

wow. that sucks...

my cousin has had lilke 8 snow days so far....

i have to be st school at 7.30....that is soo early

when do you guys start?

Do you mean what time school starts?

I start at 8:50

Jasper
~Eclipse~
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

I start school at 8:45

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

omfg!...yeah school starts at 7.30...and, jeez!

i have to get up before six, bus picks me up at 6.45...

u always have people meeting before school for breakfst in like tv and stuff

its too early to do that!

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

you guys don't have it too bad. i wake up at 5, 5!!!! everyday and leave the house at 6 to get to school by 8. i actually get to school around 7 36 to 7 45. i have a loooong commute.i take a train, then the ferry, then the subway. i sleep during the trip. lol

about snow days... it was going to snow last sunday night but it didn't snow enough :[. so i had school.

for the above times. its because i have 1st period if i didnt i would have to be in school by 8 45.

Frequent Contributor
SweetJoy
0 Kudos

omg, you guys are sooo lucky, the only snowday I ever had was when I was in elementary school. NYC schools RARELY have snow days ...  :smileysad:

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

i know. the freaking mayor and chancellor expect us to go to school no matter what... it sucks. :[

wasn't there a snow day last year?

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

wow that sucks...

im from ohio!

and jeesh, that jsut sucks never having snow days- dont think i could get through the winter without em!

and im on the bus for almost an hour...and i cant sleep on buses...idk, im wierd like that

that sucks having such a long commute for school

Reader-Moderator
agnijay
0 Kudos

well, my dad drops me off. normally i wake up at 6, because i generally have clubs which start at 7:15 plus my brother has to go to school. but during swim season, i hafta wake up at 4:30, which is from August 1st (during summer break!) to the end of november.

☼☺♥ Jaya ♥☺☼

If we crawl/ Till we can walk again/ Then we'll run/ Until we're strong enough to jump/ Then we'll fly/ Until there is no end.