Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

telling friends about great books?

[ Edited ]

so i read a lot, and sometimes i like to tell my friend( well all the time) about that book i just read- and that they should read too

i was wondering if any of you guys ever recoment books to friends...

here are some YA books ive suggested:

the mortal instruments,

hush hush

shiver

rules of attraction...

none of my friends have even hreard of these book!

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Distinguished Wordsmith
BeeZnEEz101
0 Kudos

Re: telling friends about great books?

yeah the same

i recommended the mortal instrument series

to get my twilight obesessed friend to shut up and read something else

and she read it and criticizes everything

first i told her the summary

said it would give her nightmares (we're in 8th grade)

then she said she didnt really like though she was half way done

and i was like if you didnt like it u would have read all that

then she finished and was like i dont like how the author tells us all these things in the Last chapters

then she said it was okay but she didnt really like it that much

SHe always does this

and i was just like at least I actually read other books and dont just reread the same series so yeah

you can tell i barely like her

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

I don't really recomend my friends books it's more like shoving the book and their hands and saying "YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!" lol

but yeah i love telling my friends great books to read, and they usually really like it. I'm kind of known as "the library"

The main book i reccomend to everyone is the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr because those are my all time favorite books.

also: looking glass wars series by Frank Beddor those are completely awesome

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

clamity- im sorry about your friend

and yeah sometimes im just like running and shoving the book into their hands, saying- omg you have to read this. it was SO good...but theyre used to it, lol

and my friends think of me as their library- i suggest, loan out, everything...

but i get kinda disapointed when they say thats looks like a good book, then they never talk about it...like they were just appeasing mean know what i mean?

Wordsmith
CaLaMiTyPLeAsE
0 Kudos

wait why are you sorry about my friend?

step through my looking glass at calamityplease.blogspot.com and it'd be ever so thoughtful and kind of you to follow me. :smileywink: Also I have a new contests of sorts on said blog concerning THE VAMPIRE ACADEMY by Richelle Mead. So check it out.
Correspondent
thaisra
0 Kudos

My friends don't read:smileysad:they don't know what they are missing. I know other girls in my school that have my same taste and we talk about what we are reading and swap books all the time. 

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

er, you said you didnt like your twilight friend very much?

i cant fathmom why my friends(some of them) dont like reading

and im like obsesed over it

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

The books that I reccommend to people they generally end up loving. Of course they read different stuff than I do so i look for the books that sound most like them. Its so much when they come back and tell me how much they loved it :smileyhappy:. I love suggesting books to others even if its not books that I would read (sometimes it is though). This is why I want to have my own bookstore some day so I can reccommend books to people that and because I would have hundreds of books to my disposal

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

CaLaMiTyPLeAsE wrote:

I don't really recomend my friends books it's more like shoving the book and their hands and saying "YOU HAVE TO READ THIS!" lol

but yeah i love telling my friends great books to read, and they usually really like it. I'm kind of known as "the library"

The main book i reccomend to everyone is the Wicked Lovely series by Melissa Marr because those are my all time favorite books.

also: looking glass wars series by Frank Beddor those are completely awesome

Haha me too. I am like the library of my friends.

and guess what i reccomended the wicked lovely series to my friend and she like hates it . She said its to boring.

I lend books to all of the people in my class (theres only 12 of us)

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Frequent Contributor
Lee-Lee81
0 Kudos

I used to reccommend books to my friends almost every second of every day. XD

Then they just lost their lust for reading, while I kept mine. So now I usually just keep the amazing and sucky books to myself.

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i recommened books to one of my friends all the time(;

after she is done with the Percy Jackson Series, im thinking about making her read mortal instruments or Hush, Hush. Probably Hush, Hush first....

most the time she doubts me, then i tell her if i have ever been wrong haha; shes loved them all(;

but most kids in my grade dont read at all and when they have to, they ask me and say 'because you know every book in the entire library'...(which i dont, my school has very kiddie books which can sucks sometimes.)

but yeah Lol i do recommend books to one of my friends(:

----------------------------------------------
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Wow that sounds exactly like me. I always reccomend books to my one friend

and in the beginnning shes like ugh i dont like this book

then she ends up loving it

and a our school library there a NO YA books

its such a shame

so i either have to buy them or go to the public library

and they dont have that many either

and if they do i dont have the patientence to wait

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Correspondent
bookrooted
0 Kudos

i know! it just has no YA so i usually just go to my public library and they usually have what im looking for

but other times, i do buy some books occasionally if i really want it that bad 

i only spend my money on books haha & whats ever leftover i'll spend on clothes...or more books.

----------------------------------------------