Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Inspired Scribe
djaq

Re: want to start an add-on

Daniel took a deep breath.

"I'm not sure i can fully explain everything," he said. "in fact, im not sure if i understand the entire theing either. Everything just so complex."

"But you are trying to explain it arent you, Daniel? I think it is important we both try to understand."

"Yes Hazel. I will try to explain everything i know to you, as clearly as i can."

I leaned over to rest my head on his shoulder. Then the ground learched.

The earth benieth my feet growled, and twisted. Forcing me to tumbe onto the ground. Was this some killer earthquake? I tried to regan my senses, and see Daniel. Where is he?! I wanted to scream. Daniel was no longer on the bridge. The air was thick, and the sky was foggy and gray. I made an attempt to grasp the side of the wooden bridge, but the ground continued to roar and turn, and i slipped into the pond. Kerplash! Tumbling, into the water, i screamed.

"Daniel!!!" Sputtering on pond scum, i shouted. "Daniel!" The water turned, and splashedlike a cyclone, pulling me down. "Help!"

Frantically, i swam towards the shore. But the powerfull force of the water kept dragging me back. Every muscle in my body was on fire, as i pushed towards the bridge. The water churned and frothed, as i clambered about, being helplessly pulled towards the bottom of the pond, deep into its depths.

I was weak, and was losing energy.

Closing my eyes, i plunged under the surface, and blindly spun under the water. Tring desperatley to break the pull of the current. Slam! Suddenly, i felt dizzy, my mind was clouded, and i could not breathe. my lungs screamed for air, and i felt myslef being devoured by the water, helplessly falling.

Down, to the bottom of the pond.  

"We could do pizza."
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

I felt cold and empty. I was sorrunded by total darkness. Where I'm I? Daniel! Where was he? I started running looking for him, but all I could see was darkness. It extended beyond measure. I got a sickening feeling. Was I dead? No, I couldn't be. A light suddenly shown. I covered my eyes. The light was too bright, but it might be my only way out. I runned like I never runned before. The light was a hole? Maybe a portal, I thought. I dropped into the hole knowing it was stupid and might end up ending my life.

I landed on my back with thud.The trees rustled and wind whispered in my ear once again.

Inspired Scribe
djaq

I was back in the forest.

Instinctly, I looked around for Daniel. But he was not there. Softly, I called his name. But it was devoured by the whispers of the trees in the gentle wind.

""Daniel," my voice was harsh and raspy. "Daniel..."

A hand grabbed my ankel, and my screams split through the silence. And something pulled me towards the earth, I shot out my arm to prevent the fall, but was met by a sickening crack. 

((sorry it is so short...)) 

"We could do pizza."
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

I was in the forest near home. How could this happen? It didn't matter.Yet. The only thing that matter was seing Daniel. He'll probably be waiting in my room like the other days before he bacame ... solid. I walked home. Seing everything I'd thought I lost.

Opened the front door of the house. "Mom!" I called. Someone crying and moaning aswered my call. I found my parents in the living sitting down in the couch facing the tv.

My mom's head was on dad's shoulder and she was crying her eyes out. Fresh silent tears streamed down dad's face. The Fox News was on.

"Thank you, Ross. Today there was a earthquake that we don't see every day. It's done lots of damage, but not like I'm about to tell you. Never in history Blissville not one person has gone missing because of a earthquake. Hazel Wintergreen last seen with Alexander

Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

oh crap! sorry! I was still typing while you were posting, djaq. i'm so sorry! lets just with you think is the best. 
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

its fine blackmiss! i do that all the time.:smileyvery-happy:

whatever one you want, or we could try to combine them?

"We could do pizza."
Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93
0 Kudos

u could put djaq's first and then make her like black out or sumthin then when she wakes up it can continue with wut blackmiss wrote. just a suggestion. :smileywink:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

i like luna's idea, maybe we can try that??

"We could do pizza."
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

sure, if you want. yours sounds more like a ghost story.
Inspired Scribe
djaq

I was back in the forest.

Instinctly, I looked around for Daniel. But he was not there. Softly, I called his name. But it was devoured by the whispers of the trees in the gentle wind.

""Daniel," my voice was harsh and raspy. "Daniel..."

A hand grabbed my ankel, and my screams split through the silence. And something pulled me towards the earth, I shot out my arm to prevent the fall, but was met by a sickening crack. 

I let out a cry of terror, and my ankel shook violently. Glancing down, I saw my left ankel jabbing out at an unatural angle.

Something brushed against my wrist.

Fumbling, I gingerly pressed my good leg against the cold ground, grasping onto a nearby sapling, I attempted to regain my balance. Then my leg bagan to tremble fiercely, and i collapsed. I fell onto the forest ground, kissing the rough underbrush.

Freash blood oozed from an opened wound just above my lips. I was lightheaded and could no longer distinguish the forest floor, from the star less sky above me.

SNAP

I jerked my head towards the noise.

In a small clearing, stood my nightmeare from the library.

The ghost child.

But, she had aged considerable since i had last seen her. She now appeared much older, and aged. Prehaps 20 or 21, her hair flowed elegantly down her broad shoulders, and her pale skin raidiated in the moonlight. She was darned in a plain cotton dress, and worn out shoes.

I fell out of focus, and could no longer see her clearly. My head was heavy. and pain split through my leg. My eyes slipped, and i fell unconsious.

------------------------

I was in the forest near home. How could this happen? It didn't matter.Yet. The only thing that matter was seing Daniel. He'll probably be waiting in my room like the other days before he bacame ... solid. I walked home. Seing everything I'd thought I lost.

Opened the front door of the house. "Mom!" I called. Someone crying and moaning aswered my call. I found my parents in the living sitting down in the couch facing the tv.

My mom's head was on dad's shoulder and she was crying her eyes out. Fresh silent tears streamed down dad's face. The Fox News was on.

"Thank you, Ross. Today there was a earthquake that we don't see every day. It's done lots of damage, but not like I'm about to tell you. Never in history Blissville not one person has gone missing because of a earthquake. Hazel Wintergreen last seen with Alexander

"We could do pizza."
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3

Suddenly an old man appered next to me. No puff of smoke, no small explosion. Just one second he wasn't there and the next he was. He looked like someone's grandfather. Bald except for random tuffs of gray hair on the side of his wethered head. His eyes were a warm brown and the skin around them was cressed with laugh lines. His eyes seemed to smile down at me even though his expresion was serios. "Am I dead?" I heard myself ask. "No child, you just dreaming. It's more of a nightmare really. This i swhat wo uld have happened if Danel hadn't come back." I stared at my weeping parents. The dream started to fade. "Wait!" I called. "Who are you? And who is the girl?" The man just watched me silently as the room slipped and folded in. THe last thing I remimber was the lone tear slidding down his rinkled cheak.
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

OHMYGODS

I LOVED THAT LAST POST

but im at a block

what is going to happen next????? keep addin on!!!

"We could do pizza."
Inspired Scribe
djaq

I jumped awake.

Sweat, hot and thick, drenched my old white t-shirt. My body felt as though it was on fire, and smelled replusivly of caked blood and dirt.

I was laying in a crumpled heap outside of my house, behind the hammock by the old hickory tree that over looked the forest where i first saw daniel. It was nearly dusk, and the lights were on in the kitchen, and both of my parents cars were in the garage. Normally, my dad never left his office until 8pm, he only ever came home early if there was a crisis, or mom was making tacos. Not that the tacos were any good either. But normally, the smake detector went balistic, and something always caught on fire when my mom made tacos. So technically, my dad only ever came home if there was a crisis.    

"We could do pizza."
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

this is turning out good. but a bit confusing and back and forth. i cna't add right now so ya'll should keep going

You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Correspondent
dorkybookworm3
0 Kudos

The story is turning out good. Cant write right now. Ive got writters block. I hate writters block. Grrr!
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

i'm clueless. i don't know what to add on.
Inspired Scribe
djaq

My left eye was swolen completley shut, and i could barely move. My head split with searing pain, hot and fierce, that shot through my entire body. Tears clouded my vision, and i attempted to call for my family, but my throat was raw and painful.

"Oh My God. HAZEL!"

Angela, was dashing towards me. "Ohmygodohmygod. What happend to you hazel?!" she screeched. Her naturally tiedy hair was pulled in a frazzled mess, she had an unfamilar frantic glare in her eyes. "HAZEL. Answer me!" I tried to reply, but my voice rattled in my chest, and my heart felt like it was beating faster then it should. I was only met but freash bursts of searing pain.

"Oh god!" Angela barked. "MOM! MOM! DAD!!" her voice shook madingly, as i lay before my sister in a helpless mass on the cold ground.

[[idk what should happen next, someone wanna add on???]]

"We could do pizza."
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

I couldn't move. I couldn't make a sound. Every musckle in my body was frozen. Before I knew it I was not copnsiouse. I was dead but at the same time i wasn't dead. I was in a dream, floating between life and death.

I was in the woods. But there was something surreal about them. It was the summer in the woods I was in. In the real world it was winter.

I looked around. I realized I was alone. Nobody there, no living sole.

I was compleatly alone like I always was. But I didn't panic. I didn't cry. I just sat down on the ground and prayed that I would life. Or maybe I wanted to die so I could be with Daniel.

OK, that was all I could get. I got backt he add-on like i said i would! Sorry if that was weird and hard to understand, btw.

Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
Baby you can drive my car,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

lol, i forgot everything about this add-on
Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93

I could feel the tug of real life, trying to pull me back into my body. There was nothing i could do though. My life was in the hands of other people now and hopefully they could help me. I could fell myself being drwn somehere else like a moth to a flame. I wanted to go back. I didn't want to be here alone, in these silent woods. So i did the only thing i could think to do, i stood up and followed where my body was leading me.

I didn't know where i was, if these were the woods by my house, and i didn't care i just had to keep moving and so i did. It finally started to look like it cleared up ahead so i pushed forward fasted and broke through the last of the branches. My house rose up in front of me. I looked around confused.

What is going on? i thought silently. Then i heard a scream come from inside the house and i ran.

Good job! :smileyhappy: i understppd it. mine may be a lil all over the place. if it doesn't work we can take it our. I kinda forgot the whole story. so hopefully it goes with the rest. LOL! :smileytongue:

All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP