Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

want to start an add-on

so here is the thing. I want to start a add on. So I'm going to need help. I need a topic a good one. It doesn't really matter who starts it. I just want to help to do a story. So is anyone up for a add-on?
Distinguished Scribe
booklover37
0 Kudos

Re: want to start an add-on

i'm up for it! haha... but i have no idea what it should be about. what are you thinking??
"...life is a fight just the same, whether you fight it with weapons, or with words. You have to fight for what you believe in, and for the things you want.'"
Wordsmith
blackmiss

anything! vampire story! Supernatural! Love story!ooo I got one. A ghost story.
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

You could have one where a girl goes out in the woods one day and gets bitten by a werewolf.
Baby you can drive my car,
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Beep Beep, Beep Beep, Yea!
Distinguished Scribe
booklover37

ooo i like the ghost idea! & supernatural too! but vamps. are a little over rated. but if you want it to be about vamps i'll still join in! && i'm a sucker for love stories. so i'd probably add a little romance here and there.

so, do you wanna start??

"...life is a fight just the same, whether you fight it with weapons, or with words. You have to fight for what you believe in, and for the things you want.'"
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

booklover37 wrote:

ooo i like the ghost idea! & supernatural too! but vamps. are a little over rated. but if you want it to be about vamps i'll still join in! && i'm a sucker for love stories. so i'd probably add a little romance here and there.

so, do you wanna start??

yeah you're right. vampires are so over rated. So i vote for... ghost story & supernatural! We could add some romance in it like you said. Oh ya for your information I really don't think I should start. But will see

Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Ill start if you guys want.
Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

okay! Go for it!
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

OK, here it is.

My life changed in all one night. All I wanted to do was go into the woods! If only I knew what was in store for me.

I gasped and bolted awake. Sweat and tears covered my face. I had a nightmare, but I couldn't remeber what it was about. I decided to take a walk in the woods.

Sorry it's short. BTW, the first part is the preface.

Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Distinguished Correspondent
Luna93
0 Kudos

Mind if i help u guys? :smileyhappy:
All I want is for you to be happy
And take this moment and make you my family
And finally you have found someone perfect
Finally you have found
~RHCP
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_
0 Kudos

wait is it the ghost story?
You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Wordsmith
blackmiss
0 Kudos

ya its the ghost story
Wordsmith
blackmiss

My house was surrounded by woods. People said that the woods were hunted, but I didn't belive them. Each day I would walk right through them and see nothing strange, but today was diffrent too diffrent. I got my best sweatshirt and jeans and bolted out of the door. I followed the path. The trees rustled around me. The wind was colder than ever and it whispered in my ear more frequently. 

that's all could do. have to go and it breakfast.:smileyhappy: 

Frequent Contributor
Bookworm650789

I'm not  exactly sure where u guys want to go with this but I've got an idea...

I figured that it was about 2 AM. I hoped my parents wouldn't wake up and check up on me. After what had happened to Jake...they were skittish and would probably call the police in an instant. I felt overly guilty as I walked down that cold path but I needed to get some air. There was a full moon out so that the trees were bathed in silver. It was cold and soon, I was regretting my decision to not bring a jacket. I shivered as an owl hooted in the distance.

"What are you doing? Its pretty cold out." A calm voice asked from behind me. I jumped about a mile and shrieked.

"Hey, calm down. Sorry for scaring you. My name is .... (I can't think of a name). Who are you? Its so nice to meet someone, I've been stuck in these woods for so long."

A young man stood in front of me. He had dark curly air and eyrie silver eyes. He had a dark t-shirt and jeans. He looked pretty normal and not some creepy murderer. But then...I bet murderers could look normal too..and why would someone, other then me, hang out in the woods at 2 in the morning?

"Umm..hi. My name is Hazel. Hazel Wintergreen."

Its not very good. if you don't want to use it, then just ignore it. :smileyhappy:

Let books be your dining table,
And you shall be full of delights
Let them be your mattress
And you shall sleep restful nights.
~Author Unknown

A room without books is like a body without a soul
~ Cicero
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

His name with be Daniel, I guess. It was good!

"Hi Hazel," he said advancing towards my slowly. I looked more closely at him, he looked translusent. I shrank back a little. He smiled, showing perfectly white teeth, too perfect. I suddenly couldn't move.

He put a hand beneath my chin, it was horribly cold. Then he just dissapered in thin air.

I shivered.

Was it good?

Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Distinguished Wordsmith
_K3LS3Y_

[ Edited ]

I looked around and everything seemed to be normal. Maybe it was a dream, i thought as i walked back to the entrance of the woods. As i reached my house i looked around once more, hoping to see Daniel again, but nothing was there except the trees waving. I shut the door and double bolted it and ran upstairs and jumped in my bed and tightly closed my eyes.

any good?

Message Edited by _K3LS3Y_ on 04-19-2009 03:10 PM
You always get your happy ending
If you're not happy...then it's not the end
Luna93
0 Kudos

I lay there in bed thinking i had lost my mind. Maybe i need to cut down on the movies. i thought to myself.

I tried to go to sleep for awhile but sleep never came. My mind was to busy trying to figure out what had happened in the woods. I was trying to find any explination at all that didn't lead to the conclusion that i was indeed crazy. I had finally started to nod off a little when my alarm went off causing me to jump a foot off my bed. My heart was racing as i reached over and turned the alarm off. Then i turned onto my back and just lay there looking at the ceiling still thinking.

I'll go back out there tonight. i thought. I have to find Daniel again and talk to him. Maybe i'll ask him if he's a figment of my imagination. i just have to know if he was real.

So it was settled i would go out there after midnight. After deciding this i jumped out of my bed and into the shower.

(idk just kinda wingin it. u don't have to use it. its only a lil bit.:smileyhappy: )

Finally you have found
~RHCP
Bibliophile
Silvermist24

OK, here it is.

I started humming a tune so there was noise. Besides the shower, it was too quiet. I jumped out of the shower feeling better. I wrapped a towel around my body then turned around.

Suddenly, right in front of me was Daniel. But he looked even more faded, almost not there. I screamed. We stared at each other until Mom bursted in. She was always on cue.

"What's wrong, honey?" her blue eyes were widened in worry.

I motioned right in front of me, for I could not find my voice. Daniel smiled in a wicked way.

Mom looked confused. "What?" she asked. She didn't see him. 

"Nothing," I muttered, not wanting to make her think i was crazy, maybe I was.

Mom left. I started hypravenhilating. Then he shot me one more wicked smile and dissapered, again.

Is it good?

Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,
Luna93

O i like that. k here we go...

I turned in a complete circle looking for him but he was no where to be seen. You'd think if i was crazy maybe i could make him appear. But he didn't come back.

I stumbled out of my restroom still wrapped in my towel. My teeth were chattering and my breathing was coming in and out way to fast. I sat down on my bed and leaned over trying to pull myself together.

What's happening to me? i asked my self.

Once my breathing and my heart had slowed down i walked over to my dresser always looking around for any signs of Daniel. I pulled something out of the drawer not even really paying attention or caring. I got dressed in a daze always on alert if Daniel happened to pop in again. Once my clothes wer on i went to the restroom and grabbed my brush and started pulling it through my tangled hair. My mind kept going back to Daniel with that wicked smile on his face and i shuddered as i thought about him. I looked in the mirror and for the first time i noticed what i was wearing. I had put on jeans and a really worn and ratty t-shirt. I figuered i should probally change into something else. So i put my wet hair up in a ponytale and walked back to my dresser.

Finally you have found
~RHCP
Bibliophile
Silvermist24
0 Kudos

Here I go!

I found myself tearing my dresser apart for cloths. There was nothing inthere that I couls wear. And worse, I swore I saw many plausible cloths before. I even picked out an outfit.

I looked around my room in agrivation. Why?!

I finally settled for some worn jeans and a shirt a little too small for me. Next was my hair. If I couldn't get decent cloths then I would at least do my hair.

I rushed into the bathroom. With irratation I realized that there was nothing I could put my hair up with. I never had it down!

I got over it eventually. Then i felt horrible, my thoughts sounded so vain. it wouldn't irratae me before.

I went outside and was greeted by a beautiful morning. The wind was low but it still made my long brown hair ruffled. I thought of Daniel and sivered in the otherwise warm morning.

I climbed onto my mountain bike that I always rode to school. I heard a noise behind me. I started petling faster and faster with out thinking, I was having an adrenalin rush. 

A car flashed in front of me without warning. I screamed and I fell on the hard road.

Was it OK? 

Yes I'm gonna be a star,
And Baby I love you,