Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
fanatic_reader
0 Kudos

what do u think?

I know there are lots of threads with people trying to start their own books. I've always wanted to write a book and have a few ideas of my own, but I want to known; what do u guys think? If you have any ideas that u think would make a really great book please share. If u plan on using them for your own writing I promise I won't take them. I'm just curious. If you have any ideas for me too that would be great! (Just keep it clean k)
Frequent Contributor
Isabella802
0 Kudos

Re: what do u think?

sorry im not a book writer but i do write TONS of poems
ISABELLA 802
Distinguished Correspondent
esme_cullen24
0 Kudos

hey i love brainstorming so just give some ideas. genre-a lcouple bit of choices.
There are four questions of value in life... What is sacred? Of what is the spirit made? What is worth living for, and what is worth dying for? The answer to each is the same. Only love.-----Emily Dickinson
Frequent Contributor
fanatic_reader
0 Kudos

Some ideas could be:

• cute and romantic
  • fantasy (quests and all that good stuff)
  • suspense/thriller (ghosts, murders)
  • comedy
  • anything u want really
Frequent Contributor
krazy4twilight
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Well how about a girl/boy (Idont which one you want) finds out shes/hes a wizard or a vampire or half warewolf and her/his dad is one too. - Father and Mother separted. Lives with mother - and she and her daughter/son have to go visit the father and explain. And then the daughter/son finds out that her/his father is a magical 'cop' and is tracking a very dangerous creature, while falling for her/his father's best friend's son/daughter. She/he wants to help and the father says yes, but the  mother doesnt like it. But she/he does it anyway.

Her/he and her/his father travel around the world looking for this creature.

<you can have it. im i made it for this thread>

Message Edited by krazy4twilight on 09-10-2008 07:24 AM
Being Normal? Ugh. I can't imagine how awful that must feel.