Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Reader
book_loverSW
0 Kudos

what to read what to read?

need some ideas on what book to read anyone have any idea?

Inspired Contributor
Sailor_Bonz
0 Kudos

Re: what to read what to read?

What kind of books do u like to read??

"Is this the part where you start tearing off strips of your shirt to bind my wounds?"
"If you wanted me to rip my clothes off, you should have just asked."
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones)
Reader
book_loverSW

yea I like books like the city of bones, I've read all her books so really any like that.

Frequent Contributor
Boleyn
0 Kudos

The Mortal Instruments is my favorite series! It sounds like we probably have similar taste in books. Have you read Cassandra Clare's new book in the prequel series, The Infernal Devices. It's called Clockwork Angel.

If you have read that one as well and liked the historical elements I would definitely recommend you reading the Gemma Doyle series. They are:

A Great and Terrible Beauty

Rebel Angels

The Sweet Far Thing

They really are fantastic books! I adore them, the author is Libba Bray. Also I really liked reading more into the idea of faeries after the Mortal Instruments. Actually Cassandra Clare has said that her friend and fellow Author, Holly Black provided the characters of the faeries in Mortal Instruments. If you want to read books about the faeries you may want to read:

Tithe 

Valiant

Ironside

If you are a fan of the action and adventure, or maybe if you like angel-like creatures you may also want to try reading Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick. I couldn't put it down when I started reading it and I finished it in just a day. There is also a sequel to the first book that I haven't gotten around to reading yet but I am sure it's fantastic. So those two are:

Hush, Hush

Crescendo 

Hope that gives you a couple options on where to look for your next read! :smileyhappy:

"It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing."
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

i like your signature.

what is it?

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Frequent Contributor
Boleyn
0 Kudos

It's from the Time Traveler's Wife! Also a fantastic book but more adult than YA. :smileyhappy:

"It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing."
Reader
book_loverSW
0 Kudos

thank u this has really helped

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

Unearthly  

about angels, all of the book blogs are raving about this story

Across the Universe  

sci-fi romance, again blogs are saying it is great

The Iron King (Iron Fey Series #1)

A lot of people rave about this entire series

Marked (House of Night Series #1)

vampires  

The Hunger Games (Hunger Games Series #1)  

Just wow, great series

Need (Need Series #1)  

Shape shifters and fairies

Evernight (Evernight Series #1) 

vampires and vam hunters

Vixen (The Flappers Series #1) 

great historical novel

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

Obviously I would recommend The hunger games but the maze runner is good too.

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

Read the Graceling by Kristin Cashore :smileyhappy: it was amazing!!!!

" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
Distinguished Scribe
HungerGamesPerson
0 Kudos

I love Graceling too!!! It is a great book!

If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
Mother Teresa
For it is in giving that we receive.
Francis of Assisi

Inspired Contributor
julia823
0 Kudos

You should also read Nightshade. It was a really good book too... somewhat frustrating at time but other times really really good

" Its a quarter after one i'm all alone and i need you now i said i wouldnt come but i lost all control and i need you now and i dont know how i can do without i just need you now"
Inspired Contributor
a_gilmore_girl129
0 Kudos

I am really addicted to The Vampire Academy Series by Richelle Mead right now! Its got some awesome characters and great storylines. There is romance, action, and magic in these books. If you choose to read them I hope you enjoy them!

My Blog:http://cobforever.blogspot.com/
Contributor
JMBAR
0 Kudos

Minno  

It isn't easy being thirteen ... and being raised by your grandfather ... and having a name like Minno ... and then having to journey through a strange land to rescue your parents. But Minno is doing the best she can.

Correspondent
AlmH
0 Kudos

Summer Of My First Time Hi I'm Alm Hlgh and I sincerely hope you check out my books...

Taming The Golden Boys of Central High

eBooks by Alm Hlgh

http://productsearch.barnesandnoble.com/search/results.aspx?store=book&ATH=Alm+Hlgh