New User
lilma2
0 Kudos

Re: what was the worst book you ever read?

New User
BrittNay42
0 Kudos

I would have to say the worst book I've ever read would be Aimee by Mary Beth Miller...It was absolutely depressing!!!!

Distinguished Bibliophile
keriflur
0 Kudos

Hush, Hush

New User
cleopatraselene
0 Kudos

The worst book I ever read is The Giver by Louis Lowry. I read it once for "fun" and thought it was really slow and kind of disturbing in an inexplicable way. Then I had to read it again for school and my feelings towards it did not change at all. No matter how I look at it, I can't consider it a good book.

Frequent Contributor
JRC3
0 Kudos

Trouble by Gary D. Schmidt. I couldn't get into it and it was so slow and boring the whole time. I had to pry my eyes open to keep reading it, so that I would finish it. Man, I'm never doing that again, LOL.

Contributor
Amazane73
0 Kudos

Defiantly Will Grayson, Will Grayson and Dead to You.....I did not like them at all and its really hard for me to hate a book.

Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

What didn't you like about Will Grayson, Will Grayson?

"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Contributor
Amazane73
0 Kudos

It just wasn't the kind of book I like reading, and the characters were boring and I didn't in general like the plot, but I can see why someone would like It. Is very well written but just not the book for me I guess.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

I understand. it took me longer than usual to finish it. but overall, it was ok

Reader
Rosie95
0 Kudos

I hated To Kill A Mockingbird!  I don't know how people could read it.  To me it was very boring and I couldn't get interested in it.

Cheyenne_Catina
0 Kudos

I loved To Kill a Mockingbird! it was enthralling, I thought

Contributor
GamerchickRaven
0 Kudos

Wow. I LOVED Inkheart. It's probably my favorite Funke book. To each his own, I suppose.
Contributor
GamerchickRaven
0 Kudos

I haven't been able to bring myself to read the Twilight books... something about sparkly vampires with teenage angst just does not compute to me.
The Trylle books, I can't say I really enjoyed them, but I found enough redeeming qualities to recommend them over some of the other teen girl books. At the very least, it seemed she made choices based on personal integrity (well, as much as can be expected) rather than figuring odds on circumstance and accepting the results.
It does make me wonder what your favorite books would be now.
Distinguished Scribe
Ya_Ya
0 Kudos

GamerchickRaven wrote:

The Trylle books, I can't say I really enjoyed them, but I found enough redeeming qualities to recommend them over some of the other teen girl books. At the very least, it seemed she made choices based on personal integrity (well, as much as can be expected) rather than figuring odds on circumstance and accepting the results.
It does make me wonder what your favorite books would be now.

As it seems that you are responding to (insulting?) me, I'll bite.

I don't think we were reading the same books.  Hocking A) couldn't write her way out of a paper bag with a map and a flashlight and B) "wrote" characters that were both dumb & weak.  At least Meyer's are just stupid.  

I'm no longer a teen, but most of my recent reading has been YA.  

My favorites include A Little Princess, Little Women, Harry Potter - all of them, specifically OotP, Their Eyes Were Watching God, Brave New World, Atlas Shrugged, (and no, I'm not some crazy Tea Party Libertarian, either), The Codex Alera series, Orson Scott Card's Ender & Bean series, Justin Cronin's The Passage, Divergent was brilliant but Insurgent was crap, The Children of Men, The Handmaid's Tale, the modern version Wither - although Fever sucked and Wither only makes the list because as I read it, I read THT, Restoring Harmony, Legend, The Empyrion Saga, The Long Walk, The Hunger Games, Shatter Me, Blood Red Road, Oryx and Crake, Graceling and Fire, Z is for Zachariah.

New User
Valerie_Me
0 Kudos

I agree with the person that said Fallen by Lauren Kate. I will never, ever understand the love that series gets. It was one giant cliche. Nothing about it was different or unique.