Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Correspondent
WerewolfGirl101

whats your favorite book that actually made you cry??

....???

lost banner Pictures, Images and Photos
Inspired Contributor
KaylaNicole_MusicLover
0 Kudos

Re: whats your favorite book that actually made you cry??

Searching for David's Heart was one that really made me cry. It is such a sweet book.

Inspired Correspondent
CharlieG31
0 Kudos

The Time Travelers Wife the only book I have cried with oh and Harry Potter and the deathly hallows lol when theyre torturing hermione.

"The questions are more essential than the answers."
Karl Theodor Jaspers

Wordsmith
sweetiepie95
0 Kudos

the third book in the angels in pink series

i mean i was really crying!!!!

i could not believe it!

but its a really good series!:smileyhappy:

I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Bibliophile
ZoeyRedbird
0 Kudos

Silver is for Secrets and the Book Theif made me cry.

"You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
Abdul Kalam
"What great thing would you attempt if you knew you could not fail?"
Robert H. Schuller

Inspired Scribe
Lexa555
0 Kudos

A Time for Dancing by Davida Wills Hurwin made me cry because its is a sad story about friendship and dealing with loss.

Pages of Forbidden Love
http://pages-of-forbidden-love.blogspot.com/
Contributor
Orangeyougladto
0 Kudos

I have no idea what happens in the last thirty pages of The Sweet Far Thing (third in the Great and Terrible Beauty series). Although I've tried to go back and read it, I just end up crying again.

Another one was Perfect Chemistry. I'm not really sure why that one makes me cry though, it just gets to me.

Correspondent
b00kwerm
0 Kudos

Searching for David's Heart and The Sweet Far Thing made me cry too, Searching made me cry more.

i cried when zane died in Specials, not a lot, just a few tears.

i also cried for a lot of other books... i'm very emotional lol

can't think of the specific titles at the moment. but will post again if i do.

Wordsmith
Golden_Reader12
0 Kudos

The House House Next Door and the Book Thief- I cried like a baby for both and i don't usually cry at books. It was kinda of nice though, one of those cries that you just really need

"There would be little reason to lie down at night without the possibility of seeing things bigger and more amazing than the average day might bring about. Why pick up a pen or type on a keyboard if there's no imagination or wonder left to behold?"
-pg 3 of Leven Thumps and the Wrath of Ezra
Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Do you honestly want me to list them?!  I cry at everything!  I cried when the dog died in the Sally Lockhart Trilogy!  A DOG! Well lets see I'll just do some major ones.  The Dragon Heir, God I get teary eyed even thinking about that book,  Burned by Ellen Hopkins, Sweet Far Thing........ah man.  I can't even think of other books.  But I practically cry over anything remotely even sad.  Like it's pathetic.  Ah guess i'm not the only cry baby out there though.  :smileyvery-happy:

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
New User
bookloverNS
0 Kudos

i cried when zane died in Specials

I also cried when Edward left Bella in New Moon then when Bella left Jacob to help save Edward from killing himself

hmmm.... and when Juliet died in Romeo and Juliet

i think thats all... but i'll post if i think of any others... :smileyhappy:

Correspondent
kellybeans
0 Kudos

I was full out sobbing by the end of The Book Thief! A Time for Dancing, as someone mentioned earlier, was also a very sad book. If I stay by Gayle Foreman had me crying practically through the whole book! But I think the time that I cried the hardest (laugh if you will) was when Dobby died in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. I seriously couldn't control myself, haha.Those are the only ones that i can think of off the top of my head, but I'm sure there's more. I'm a crybaby when it comes to books.

"We're all pretty bizarre. Some of us are just better at hiding it. That's all."
-The Breakfast Club
Inspired Scribe
djaq
0 Kudos

CharlieG31 wrote:

The Time Travelers Wife the only book I have cried with oh and Harry Potter and the deathly hallows lol when theyre torturing hermione.

I cried a lot during Deathly Hallows :smileysad: Just like the entire book.... it was sad... :smileysad: 

So books I've cried over...

-Deathy Hallows

-Order of the Pheonix

-Half Blood Prince

-The Book Thief

-Eternal on the Water

...ermm.. and a bunch of other stuff too

"We could do pizza."
Frequent Contributor
Boleyn

I bawled like a baby my whole way through The Time Traveler's Wife. I just kept crying and crying. I would be sitting in class reading and just having tears streaming out of my eyes, which is unusual for me because I definitely don't like showing that much emotion in public but the book was too good for me to put it away.

I cried in New Moon, much to my embarassment but that was a couple years ago when I read it.

"It’s dark now and I am very tired. I love you, always. Time is nothing."
New User
MyBoiLollipop11
0 Kudos

Like a few others on here, I do remember crying during A Time For Dancing.

Also, I just finished reading The Memory Keepers Daughter and I pretty much had tears rolling down my face for about the last 30 pages.

I knoe I've cried a number of other times as well.

Distinguished Correspondent
Kyleigh
0 Kudos

Memory Keepers Daughter?  Really?  I didn't think it was all that sad.  Then again I really didn't like that book all that much.  I'm reading Lovely Bones right now.  It's more horrifying than sad. 

"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
New User
Amber-Veda
0 Kudos

Oh, so many...

Endgame by Nancy Garden

-It was amazing really, there is a real feeling of being there like an intimate friend to the main character. This book had me crying for at least a half an hour.

Ghosts by Rhiannon Lassiter

-It's the last book in the Hex trilogy. All I can say was it connects the characters to you inamazing ways and the end will leave you weapy.

New User
tiffiny09marie
0 Kudos

I loved the Angels in Pink, and I cried too...

I also cry everytime I read A Walk To Remember

New User
PrettyPrincess1099
0 Kudos

There are three books that have made me cry. All of them are really good. One was at the very end of The Twilight series. I still want to read more ! The second is The Lovely Bones which is now a movie. I brought the book because I knew I had to read it before seeing the movie. The last is Someone Like You by Sarah Dessen. I suggest all of these wonderful books to you.

Inspired Contributor
sandySG
0 Kudos

The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  There's just this one part in the middle of the book - i'm not saying because I don't want to spoil it for any one but it's actually made me tear up a bit and i'm not a person that cried when reading books or watching movies - so that is saying something!