Correspondent
dragon560

when did you take a liking to reading

just a year ago i didn't like reading but i started liking when my ant who comes over some times and she loves reading and everytime she came over she would read and after some time i wanted to read a book just like her so i started a book called dragon rider. and i couldn't stop reading it .and now i'm love reading and thats why i love books about dragons.:smileytongue:

Quote-"a book always keeps something of its owner between its pages"

dragons rock~
Wordsmith
Arielle

Re: when did you take a liking to reading

Well I have loved reading ever since I was a little kid, but it really hit me when I started reading Nancy Drew books when I was like 9. Mostly because I wanted to be Nancy Drew, ha. And after I read, like all the books in the Nancy Drew series, I just kept reading and my aunt who loves to read too, would buy me books. And now we swap books all the time. Its just something that has kept me out of trouble. ha. :smileyhappy:
Who controls the past controls the future.
Who controls the present controls the past.
Distinguished Correspondent
Cheyenne_Catina

yeah so the end of 7 grasde i started reading louis duncan and lurlene mcdaniel..i was reading a book a day in 8 grade...thats when i turned into a procrastinating
"He is bound to you,” said the Queen. “But does he love you?"
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

Uh, just like since summer of 08'! Not that much time is it? Before, I was anti-reading and anti-school but then my mom gave me this book called Marked (House of Night) and I fell in love with it! Now, I'm just anti-school!
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

Vampires-and-Spongebob wrote:
Uh, just like since summer of 08'! Not that much time is it? Before, I was anti-reading and anti-school but then my mom gave me this book called Marked (House of Night) and I fell in love with it! Now, I'm just anti-school!

whats a anti-school

dragons rock~
Correspondent
laxgirl979

I have always been a reader but I became obssesive probably the summer before freshman year. So about 4 years ago. I remember the book that started me into heavy reading was Speak. That book got me hooked. But I really have always injoyed reading because my mom was always reading and we have a good summer reading program for teens and kids.  
"I have always imagined Paradise will be a kind of library."- Jorge Luis Borges
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

3 words: I Hate School.
"Behold the male beast roaring in the jungle for his mate. See how the female beast giggles behind a shrub while she organizes her voice to say 'Pardon dear, did you say something?'"~Elphaba, Wicked, pg.102-103
Cheyenne_Catina

ok then...do u like to read though???
Kyleigh

Haha. I've always liked reading, but when I was in elementary I was really into like American Girl books and all those historical type diary books.  I read the Giver as well as some other Newberry Award books.  It wasn't until I read Harry Potter (which I hated the first time I tried to read it) and actually finished it that I got completely totally hooked.  HP was like the first fantasy book I had ever read, and from then on I was completely hooked.  I would say that my most manic phase started maybe eight grade and it's reached it's height now.  Lol. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Correspondent
bella_swan_lover

Right at the end of school year last year my friend was reading Twilight and i happened to pick it up because my teacher forced us to get a book then start reading it and i fell in love now im a HUGE reader and just am trying to balance it all out!!!
"La Push baby it's La Push. Are you going?" asked Eric
"I'll go if you stop saying that." replied Bella.

~*~ Twilight Fangirl ~*~
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

Hell Yeah! That's why I don't like school. I'm not allowed to read there.
Correspondent
dragon560
0 Kudos

wow at my school we half to have a book .:smileytongue:

dragons rock~
Cheyenne_Catina

yeah i hate when i have a book im soo into and then i cant read it during school..it sucks..is twilight worth the big deal the people make it? i havent read it soo yeah
Kyleigh

Ya no kiddin.  We have SSR.  Silent Sustained Reading every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday.  It's mandatory reading.  I can't really get away with reading during class anymore, but if I have time after a test or something then I definitly dive for it. 
"There are two types of people in this world. People who hate clowns...and clowns."
Inspired Wordsmith
Vampires-and-Spongebob

Not in my opinion but there are probably thousands that would say otherwise. It depends is what I'm trying to say.
Kyleigh

I vowed to not say anything negative about Twilight, but I would approach the book with caution.  Idk, you probably should read it that way you can decide for yourself, instead of listening to all of us idiots arguing it out.  Lol.   
Cheyenne_Catina

my grades are sweet, straight As, so my teachers dont really care waht i do...well in 8 grade i pretty much just read..there was a day i read 200 pages in my book during school..i never paid attention, but now that im a freshman..i dont reallly read that much unless its a book i cannot put down
Wordsmith
sweetiepie95

when i was 10 i couldnt read that good so that summer i went a reading center. and then my cousin started telling me about the American Girl books and i started reading them. and ever  since i've loved to read
I'm weird cause i hate goodbyes :smileyhappy:
Wordsmith
shesaxsensation

Hm, well I used to read kids books like Vampires Don't Wear Braces and the Junie B. Jones series but I stopped reading for a while. I think I picked up Crank by Ellen Hopkins in like 9th grade and just read the whole thing and got her other books also. But then I took a big break again. Finally, I read the Harry Potter book that was sitting on my shelf since I was like ... 9 (?) and read the others. After that I read Twilight and just kept reading and reading. It took me like 6 months to read The Goblet of Fire ... Lol.
"For almost ninety years I've walked among my kind, and yours...all the time thinking I was complete in myself, not realizing what I was seeking. And not finding anything, because you weren't alive yet."

- Edward Cullen
Distinguished Scribe
booklover37

i don't know i've always like to read. i guess it started with Dr.Seuss books. and i was a pretty advanced reader so i went on to American Girl books and Junie B. Jones. Oh, and Little House on the Prairie. In 4th Grade i started Harry Potter because my teacher recommended it and it was the very first "fantasy/fiction/magic" type of book. Ever since then i just ate up books, haha. And then books like Twilight & City of Bones started coming out so what can i say?? I'm definitely obsessed with reading
"...life is a fight just the same, whether you fight it with weapons, or with words. You have to fight for what you believe in, and for the things you want.'"