Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
vballgrl_22
0 Kudos

What Level?

What grade level of reading do you think someone would need to comprehend this novel??

I read from 10.5-14.0...would it be a good idea for me to read it, or should I wait?
3 Ana
Distinguished Wordsmith
Everyman
0 Kudos

Re: What Level?

Read it. You may not get all the subtlety, but you'll get more of that when you read it for the second, third, fourth, etc. time. Which almost all lovers of Austen do.

vballgrl_22 wrote:
What grade level of reading do you think someone would need to comprehend this novel??

I read from 10.5-14.0...would it be a good idea for me to read it, or should I wait?

0 Kudos

Re: What Level?

I think you should definitely read it. I read it for the first time when I was 14, and I loved it. You will probably want to reread it later on, though, as Everyman said. I wasn't able to fully appreciate it at 14, but it has new meaning for me at 16, and I'm sure it will continue to develop new meaning as I get older and read it again. Also, if you find you like Austen, I highly recommend Persuasion. It's my favorite Austen novel, tied with Pride and Prejudice. :smileyhappy:
"A book must be the axe for the frozen sea inside us." --Kafka
Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online: 43 members 637 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: