Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

If you like Nicholas Sparks. . .

Some of you may be new to Nicholas Sparks or to this type of fiction. For those of you long-time Sparks fans, it occurs to me that you have probably sought out other authors who write in a similar style.

Please share your recommendations of authors who write in Sparks' style.
Frequent Contributor
Jody1S
0 Kudos

Re: If you like Nicholas Sparks. . .

HI, BECKE,

I'VE RECENTLY STARTED READING NOVELS BY RICHARD PAUL EVANS. SO FAR I'VE ENJOYED READING SOME OF THIS NOVELS, AND PLAN ON PICKING UP THE NEW ONE THAT CAME OUT THIS WEEK, "THE GIFT" SO I'LL FILL YOU IN ON HOW THAT GOES.

THE TWO ROMANTIC NOVELS I READ THAT WERE WRITTEN BY JAMES PATTERSON WERE "SUZANNE'S DIARY FOR NICHOLAS" AND "SAM'S LETTERS TO JENNIFER" WHICH WERE BOTH PRETTY GOOD. OF COURSE, I LOVE MY MR. SPARKS...LOL

HAVE A GREAT DAY!

JODY
Contributor
pompom
0 Kudos

You should read Richard Paul Evans,"Christmas Box". Pompom
Frequent Contributor
Jody1S
0 Kudos

pompom wrote:
You should read Richard Paul Evans,"Christmas Box". Pompom

hey, pompom,

I have read that. It was one of the first that I read, and I thought it was pretty good.

Have a great day!

Jody
Contributor
datsme
0 Kudos

Hi,
The book Sam's Letters to Jennifer reminded me so much of a Nicholas Sparks novel. I haven't read that many romance novels, but that book was a good one too. Two other books that I recommend highly are: More Than You Know by Beth Gutcheon and Bridges of Madison County (people seem to cringe when I recommend that one) by Robert James Waller. Both of those books, like my first Nicholas Sparks read, were highly recommended by other people who insisted I must read them. So far all of the "must read" recommendations have been well worth it!
Frequent Contributor
Jody1S
0 Kudos

datsme wrote:
Hi,
The book Sam's Letters to Jennifer reminded me so much of a Nicholas Sparks novel. I haven't read that many romance novels, but that book was a good one too. Two other books that I recommend highly are: More Than You Know by Beth Gutcheon and Bridges of Madison County (people seem to cringe when I recommend that one) by Robert James Waller. Both of those books, like my first Nicholas Sparks read, were highly recommended by other people who insisted I must read them. So far all of the "must read" recommendations have been well worth it!

Hi, Datsme,

I have to agree that Sam's Letters to Jennifer reminded me of the way Nicholas Sparks writes. I enjoyed that one as well. I have seen the movie Birdges of Madison County, but haven't read the book yet, even though it's been sitting on my shelf for quite some time now....lol

I love getting book recommendations, and I've already written down yours, More than you Know by BEth Gutcheon......I'll have to check that out this weekend........just another excuse to go to the bookstore!!!

Have a great day!!

Jody
Contributor
datsme
0 Kudos

Hi Jody,

Bridges is definitely a "one night" read. I literally read it one morning cover to cover, then rented the movie to compare. They are both excellent!

You reminded me of Nights in Rodanthe. I'll have to re-read it!

Diane.
Contributor
pompom
0 Kudos

Hey,try reading Danielle Steel's "Echoes",'Granny Dan',And"Lone Eagle".Recently,I read
Jan Jenoff's 'Kommandants Girl',it was a nice one.If u have any writer close to Nicholas Sparks,let me,know.Thanx.............Pompom
Contributor
pompom
0 Kudos

You can try Richard Paul Evans,he is pretty good......Pompom
Contributor
datsme
0 Kudos

Pompom,
Thank you so much for all of your recommendations! My stack of books-to-read is growing tremendously.
Diane.
Users Online
Currently online: 7 members 646 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: