Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Re: Introduce Yourself

becke_davis wrote:

KathyH wrote:
Hi Becke -

It's even a greater challenge to find people who actually want to discuss most of what I read!

KathyH

That's one reason I enjoy these book club boards, if you look hard enough, you can find people who share almost any book-related interests here!

This site is the best find I have ever found in my long life. It keeps me company, I do not like T.V. or the radio anymore since I do the clubs constantly. But my appetite gets to stirrring when I get on this site and reading the posts. And then the rest of my free time is spent actually reading.
Frequent Contributor
Jody1S
0 Kudos

I have to admit that this site is addicting. I find myself just reading post after post. I think it's great in finding different novels to read and being introduced to new authors. I love it!
Contributor
datsme
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

Nicholas Sparks is one of my favorite authors too. I've read all of his books and have been to a couple of his book signings here in Southern California. He is a very enthusiastic speaker and very entertaining. My favorite books are The Notebook and A Walk to Remember.

I am so happy to join this group! The timing is perfect because I just finished reading the book this past weekend. I'm looking forward to discussing it with you.

Diane.
Frequent Contributor
Jody1S
0 Kudos

Hi, Diane,

It's nice to see you here. I am very envious that you've been able to attend some of his book signings. He doesn't make it out this way, but one of these days I'll make it to him.

My favorites are The Notebook and Nights in Rodanthe....and I really did enjoy Dear John.

Happy Reading,

Jody
Contributor
datsme
0 Kudos

Don't be envious, just make it a point to see him someday soon. It is worth it! I listened to him at the Los Angeles Times Festival of Books last year and the year before. It was such an entertaining panel that I purchased the audio CD and made all my book lover friends listen to it. They are all fans of his now.

Another great way to listen to him is to get one of his books on tape (especialy if he is the reader). We listened to his book-on-tape, Three Weeks with My Brother, while on a road trip. Everyone in the car enjoyed it, children and adults. Come to think of it, that is another one of my favorites. It is so hard to choose just a couple of his books when they are all so good!
New User
AnnaGA
0 Kudos

Hi! My name is Anna and I am new to this book club. I just finished "The Choice" and it really hit home for me. I just lost my husband 2 months ago after a long illness. I had to make some tough choices for him. He was not in a coma so he did help with the "end of life choices". I did not know what this book was about when I began it but was glad that Gabby woke up and that Travis followed his heart and his hope. Nicholas Sparks has a great way of writing about life situations. They are very real and I just wander how real they are to him. I know that many of his readers can relate to at least one of his books in a personal manner. Thank you Nicholas.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

It must have been pretty hard for you, reading this book without knowing how close to home it was going to hit. I hope it was helpful to you -- I can't imagine what you must be going through.
Reader
whattoreadnow
0 Kudos

Hey guys,
I'm new to this, so I'm trying to figure out how it works. Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author, and I always find myself reading his latest release, and wishing there was another to follow it.
I just thought it was neat to find people that felt the same way, and hopefully I would learn a few things that I otherwise may not know. I usually pass by a new book and say "I didn't know there was a new book coming out!". Maybe on here, I can keep up.
Frequent Contributor
Jody1S
0 Kudos

whattoreadnow wrote:
Hey guys,
I'm new to this, so I'm trying to figure out how it works. Nicholas Sparks is my favorite author, and I always find myself reading his latest release, and wishing there was another to follow it.
I just thought it was neat to find people that felt the same way, and hopefully I would learn a few things that I otherwise may not know. I usually pass by a new book and say "I didn't know there was a new book coming out!". Maybe on here, I can keep up.

Hi, Whattoreadnow, I'm glad you stopped by. I love Nicholas Sparks too! I am ready for a new book. I haven't been on his site lately to see if he's working on something new, but maybe now I'll check that out. So what did you think of this lastest novel.....I thought it was pretty good. I always love his writing.

Jody
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Hi - there has been more discussion about Nicholas Sparks at the Romantic Reads book club board, too. You might want to take a look, just search "Nicholas Sparks."
Reader
whattoreadnow
0 Kudos

Thanks Jody,
I enjoyed his latest, but had no idea what it was about-so I was a little surprised. I hadn't thought to check out his site at all, so I'll do that. See when his next is coming out. Are there any other authors that you (or anyone) would suggest?
Users Online
Currently online:4 members 580 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: