Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Wordsmith
Fozzie
0 Kudos

Part Three (or II), IN THE WORLD

I am over halfway through this section.  I am amazed at the transformation of Rebecca into Hazel Jones.  However, I am worried that she has never healed.  She is still afraid of running into Tignor (who could blame her) and can't trust anyone.  I am also worried that Gallagher may have a mean and controlling streak too, not to the extent of Tignor, but...

Laura

Reading gives us someplace to go when we have to stay where we are.
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Re: Part Three (or II), IN THE WORLD

Laura,

Your comments put me fully back into the text at the exact spot at which you are reading!  I felt the very same way, and worried over the same future with Gallagher as Rebecca had with Tignor.  "Hazel Jones" indeed... The transformation is necessary to the healing, though, I think.  She can't leave where she is (in life) and stay who she is.  Not saying more 'til you've read further!

Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Hey Stephanie or Laura;

Can you help me here: Am I not reading careful enought? Who was the man in the straw hat that followed her home and called her Hazel Jones? Is he showing up later ? After she leaves her abusive husband and tries to find the man in the straw hat, what gives? Is it suppose to keep us guessing?
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Linda,

Just keep reading!  It'll all come out in the wash- it's just one of those things.  I can't say that you'll know all you want to know, but you'll know enough. 

:smileyhappy:

Stephanie
Wordsmith
kiakar
0 Kudos

Stephanie wrote:
Linda,

Just keep reading!  It'll all come out in the wash- it's just one of those things.  I can't say that you'll know all you want to know, but you'll know enough. 

:smileyhappy:

OK. Stephanie. I did read on and now I think I know! We will discuss it later on. 
Inspired Wordsmith
Stephanie
0 Kudos

Linda,

You can go ahead- just make a new thread and put a spoiler warning on it. 

Stephanie
Users Online
Currently online: 22 members 481 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: