Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Distinguished Bibliophile
Nadine
0 Kudos

Re: Book Club Selections

Also there is a thread in the Community Room on the Barnes & Noble special sale on their Classics collection. Some people here might want to take advantage of the sale. Hey, they have a great price on all 200 titles!

Here is the feature page on the sale:
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/classics/index.asp?cds2Pid=16447&linkid=1087207
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion, Nadine!

~ConnieK

Nadine wrote:
Connie, you might post your summer classic selections in the Teen Reads and Family Room clubs. One of the biggest problems we encountered in our Community Room discussions on the slim discussions in the groups is that many people simply don't know these things are happening on other boards. Like quite a few people didn't know you even had a Classic Club.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Author
ConnieAnnKirk
0 Kudos

Thanks, Nadine.  I actually agree with you about Alice and Through.  I'm sure B&N cannot please everyone all the time, but they do certainly provide a variety of titles for people to choose from each month.  There's nothing wrong with dipping in and out of the clubs as one's interests dictate, I should think!

Thanks for your comments,

~ConnieK 

Nadine wrote, in part:

Yes, early posting of upcoming books is greatly appreciated. Hope the rest of the boards do so as well.

I agree with you, everyman. I think I might pass on these. Secret Garden maybe, Little Women not. I don't object to children's books. I would could have jumped in enthusiastically for something like in Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking-Glass (Barnes & Noble Classics Series), which, incidentally, I have never read! But I will be back. My dance card is a bit full anyway.

~ConnieAnnKirk

[CAK's books , website.]
Users Online
Currently online: 6 members 293 guests
Recent logins:
Please welcome our newest community members: