NOOKcolor, built on Android, is a full-color touch device dedicated to reading that opens up a whole new world of digital reading materials. NOOKcolor provides access to the largest ebookstore with an unprecedented selection of over two million digital titles—all just a single search away. Plus, digital content – from bestsellers to favorite magazines in full color, and interactive children’s picture books to enhanced cookbooks – has never looked better than on NOOKcolor’s stunning 7-inch VividView Color Touchscreen.
This newest addition to the NOOK device family was designed for people who love to read every kind of content imaginable – and features 8GB of space, plus expandable memory, to store it all. NOOKcolor enables quick and easy shopping and downloads in seconds over Wi-Fi. It’s also the most social reading device ever built – with B&N's new NOOKfriends technology, you're only touches away from sharing with friends via Facebook, Twitter, and Google.
The NOOKcolor Advantage
- Shop over two million titles: NOOKColor provides access to the most expansive digital catalog available so you can browse more than two million books, enhanced books, newspapers and magazines, hundreds of engaging children’s books, and other interactive content in a single search. Find classics, new releases and bestsellers, including 194 of 205 current New York Times Bestsellers. Sample NOOKbook titles for free and download all content wirelessly in seconds. Since the launch of PubIt!, we’ve also added thousands of titles from independent and self publishers.
- NOOKnewsstand -- Periodicals in vivid color: From The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times and USA TODAY to Rolling Stone, Esquire, US Weekly, National Geographic, Martha Stewart Living, Cosmopolitan and Elle, you’ll find an impressive and growing list of the best daily, weekly and monthly periodicals, all optimized for NOOKcolor. Magazine reading is easy and engaging with full-color pages displayed through our exclusive ArticleView that puts the focus on the content, customized to your favorite reading style. Periodicals, available by subscription and single copy, will continue to become even more interactive in the coming months.
- NOOK kids experience: For the first time ever, enjoy the largest collection of children’s picture and chapter books in an engaging digital form through the new NOOK kids offering. Through our exclusive AliveTouch technology, your child can interact with words and pictures, easily find a favorite story, and even have it read aloud to them. Enjoy a broad and growing selection of more than 130 digital picture books – an unprecedented offering that will double before year’s end – and nearly 12,000 chapter books for children, plus exciting enhancements coming soon. Learn more at www.NOOKkids.com.
- Enhanced and engaging titles: Coming soon, NOOKcolor customers will also enjoy a growing collection of multimedia titles offering instructive video and audio to learn about travel, cooking, music and more.
- Great reads, great prices: The vast majority of titles in the Barnes & Noble NOOKbookstore are $9.99 or less, including most current New York Times Bestsellers. In any Barnes & Noble store, read NOOKbooks for free through the company’s innovative Read In Store program. On any given day, peruse as many books as you wish, for one hour per title. And enjoy more than one million free classics and even more free reading by checking out additional titles from public libraries.
eReading Gets (More) Social
NOOKcolor makes it simple and reflexive to get social about reading. In another industry first for Barnes & Noble, the new LendMe App enables NOOKcolor users to view LendMe books in their friends’ NOOKcolor digital libraries and request to borrow a title they’ve been meaning to read. Customers have the ability to easily lend their favorite NOOKbooks with friends through Facebook and email, even using their imported Google Gmail contacts, and recommend a title, share reading status or a quote via Facebook, Twitter and email.
Your Reading Experience, Your Way
We recognize the uniquely personal nature of reading and designed NOOKcolor to be flexible and highly customizable, so each customer can truly make it her own.
- Simply more than a touch of fun: Everything you want to do is simple and intuitive. Shopping for new content, finding and reading titles in your library and customizing the way you view your content are all a touch or two away. With a simple tap of the screen or swipe left or right, book pages turn in a flash.
- Personalized reading experience: Experience the flexibility and fun of completely customizing your reading experience. Choose what titles will appear on your home page and Daily Shelf, organize and view your library your way, find the right text type, size and color theme that’s right for you, and read in portrait or landscape.
- All your content at your fingertips: Your entire library is always a touch away with 8GB of memory. That’s approximately 6,000 NOOKbooks or a combination that might include 1,000 books, 25 full-color magazines, 10 newspapers, 50 kids’ books, 500 songs and 150 photos. Plus, NOOKcolor has expandable memory using a microSD card. And with Barnes & Noble’s Lifetime Library, existing customers of NOOK products and software-enabled devices will instantly be able to access their personal Barnes & Noble digital libraries on NOOKcolor. With this digital library advantage, Barnes & Noble ensures that your content always goes wherever you go and is always protected and accessible on a variety of devices, as well as BN.com.
- NOOKbook Personal Shopping: Barnes & Noble offers exclusive, personalized book recommendations from its expert booksellers, based on the genres, authors and subjects you like.
- Continuous reading experience: Read NOOKbooks seamlessly across your NOOKcolor, NOOK 3G and Wi-Fi(following a NOOK firmware update in late November), third-party eBook Readers powered by the Barnes & Noble NOOKbookstore, and your favorite mobile and computing devices enabled with our free NOOK apps. These include iPad, iPhone, iPod touch, Android smartphones, and Windows-based PCs, laptops or netbooks. NOOKColor syncs last page read, highlights, notes and bookmarks. For more information on our free NOOK eReading apps, please visit www.bn.com/NOOKapps.
- View your personal files: Transfer and view personal PDF and ePub files to NOOKcolor, as well as JPG, PNG, GIF and BMP files, and use personal photos for wallpaper. With Quickoffice software, view Microsoft Office files including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Punctuate your style: Read in style with a full line of exclusive NOOKcolor accessories from Barnes & Noble, including covers with rich Italian leathers, European broad cloth and more from leading designers kate spade new york, JACK SPADE and Jonathan Adler coming soon.
Attractive Design & Features
To create the most exquisitely designed dedicated eReading device on the market, we worked with award-winning industrial designer Yves Behar at fuseproject. NOOKcolor’s elegantly simple design in classic graphite features an angled lower corner that evokes a turned page, along with a beaded border and lustrous, soft-touch back that make holding the device extremely comfortable. No other full-color touch reading device is thinner or more beautiful.
- VividView Color Touchscreen: NOOKColor features a best-in-class 7-inch color touch display like nothing you’ve ever seen before, particularly on a dedicated reading device. The screen displays 16 million colors and offers a wide viewing angle for personal or shared reading. The special design provides enhanced color tuning, gradation and reduction of glare to minimize distracting reflections.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: Easily connect to personal and public Wi-Fi hotspots as well as free Wi-Fi in Barnes & Noble stores to shop the B&N NOOKbookstore and download content in seconds, surf the Web, stream music and more.
- Lightweight and portable: The compact device fits easily into your purse, jacket or bag at 8.1 inches (height) by 5 inches (width) by 0.48 inches (depth) and weighs just 15.8 ounces.
And Even More Extras
NOOKcolor offers many extras with fun and useful additions to the reading experience.
- Game on: Enjoy fun and free games, including crossword puzzles, Sudoku, chess and many more to come
- Listen to music while reading: Stream tunes from your favorite artists over Wi-Fi with Pandora internet radio’s free, personalized music service. And load your MP3 and AAC songs to enjoy music while reading anywhere using the built in 3.5mm headphone jack or speakers.
- Surf the Web: Over Wi-Fi, use a full browser to visit your favorite Web sites and check email, and more.
- Fun and free in-store features: In Barnes & Noble stores, connect to free Wi-Fi to browse and read the content of complete NOOKbooks for free through Read In Store, which features enhanced performance for NOOKcolor, including instantaneous page turns. And download exclusive content from bestselling authors and enjoy special promotions and discounts through the More In Store program.
- More extras coming: Get ready to discover more engaging content and applications in the coming months. We invite content providers and application developers to create innovative reading-centric experiences through the just-announced NOOKdeveloper program. More information is available at www.NOOKdeveloper.com.
NOOKcolor is available for pre-order for $249 and is expected to begin shipping on or about November 19, making it the perfect holiday gift for people who love to read everything. Experience NOOKcolor today at www.NOOKcolor.com or at the NOOK Boutiques and displays in one of Barnes & Noble’s more than 700 bookstores beginning in late November. Barnes & Noble’s 45,000 knowledgeable booksellers will provide walkthroughs of the entire family of NOOK eReading products and free software. NOOKcolor, along with NOOK 3G and NOOK Wi-Fi, will also be available at Best Buy, www.bestbuy.com, Walmart and www.walmart.com, and Books-A-Million in late November.
The future of reading is now!
You must be a registered user to add a comment here. If you've already registered, please log in. If you haven't registered yet, please register and log in.