We continue to optimize nook software to give our customers a great reading experience. In this, our second software update since we shipped nook in early December 2009, we are providing an improved reading and in-store experience, all key areas that our customers noted. nook v 1.2 will be made available to customers in a seamless over the air (OTA) update over approximately the next week, beginning today, and immediately by manual download.
nook V1.2 continues to improve nook performance to provide enhance the overall reading experience and in-store connectivity for nook customers to enjoy exclusive content and promotions in Barnes & Noble stores. Key updates include:
- Enhanced in-store seamless connectivity to enjoy free Wi-Fi, with our More In Store content and promotions exclusively for nook owners.
- Improved opening of eBooks and periodicals
- Improved response to Reading Now & Settings buttons
- Current reading page and bookmarks on all eBooks is properly saved when your nook is powered off
- Bookmarks display page number
- Eligible LendMe(TM) eBooks in My Library include a LendMe(TM) flag
- Easier navigation of daily subscription with issues rolled into one folder
- Improved “back” button functionality for navigating eBooks and periodicals
- Personal files downloaded onto nook and displayed in My Documents can be sorted by author & title
- Overall system improvements and battery optimization
The V1.2 update will be distributed Over the Air (OTA) via B&N's Fast & Free wireless service and Wi-Fi or if you want it right now you can get it as a manual download. Beginning today, we are sending OTA over the next week. If you want to get V1.2 immediately, follow the instructions for manual download here. If your nook is registered and has connectivity, it will automatically download the software and install it on your device, during the next week. Depending on your connection, the whole process takes 10-15 minutes via Fast & Free wireless and 5-7 minutes via Wi-Fi or 4-5 minutes for the manual download, during which time you should NOT turn your nook off. Once the software update is completed, your nook will automatically restart and display the Home screen. The software update will preserve your personal settings, including your registered account information, content, display settings, and Wi-Fi settings.
You must be a registered user to add a comment. If you've already registered, sign in. Otherwise, register and sign in.