Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

BN Editor
LitEditor
0 Kudos

A Nora Roberts Sampler

Great Reads from Roberts

Book Cover Image: Title: Morrigan's Cross, Author: Nora Roberts

Buy It
Morrigan's Cross
In Morrigan's Cross, Roberts ventures deep into the world of paranormal and fantasy with an action-packed powerhouse of a book, the first in the Circle trilogy. When you've finished, check out the other books in the trilogy: Dance of the Gods and Valley of Silence.

Book Cover Image: Title: Angels Fall, Author: Nora Roberts

Buy It
Angels Fall
In this thrilling romance, a woman who has moved out west to find inner peace finds her plans disturbed when she witnesses a violent and terrifying act..

Book Cover Image: Title: Born in Death, Author: Nora Roberts

Buy It
Born in Death
Set in New York City in 2060, bestseller Roberts's latest police thriller under her Robb pseudonym in her Lt. Eve Dallas series (Naked in Death, etc.) offers her usual engaging characters.

Book Cover Image: Title: Blue Smoke, Author: Nora Roberts

Buy It
Blue Smoke
Nora Roberts's steamy thriller about a beautiful arson investigator and her pyromaniacal stalker is aptly titled: Where there's this much smoke, there's bound to be plenty of fire.

Book Cover Image: Title: Three Fates, Author: Nora Roberts

Buy It
Three Fates
Three Fates is far from Roberts's first book (actually, it's her 145th), but it's a fine place to start -- as fans and critics have noted, Roberts just gets better with age. This volume, the story of two brothers and a sister who try to track down a stolen family heirloom, has all the Roberts trademarks: sex, love, intrigue, adventure -- and Irishmen.

Discover all titles and editions from Nora Roberts.

See the latest news about book clubs in the Book Clubs Blog.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: A Nora Roberts Sampler

I kept hearing good things about Born in Fire, so I read that over the weekend. I enjoyed it -- I'll probably read the others in that trilogy now. The Irish Tourist Authority should pay Nora Roberts big bucks -- she probably brings more visitors to Ireland than any travel ads!
New User
twinsmomfeb
0 Kudos

the hole born in series is very good and i agree 100% that her irsih books are great i like those most of all.
New User
twinsmomfeb
0 Kudos

becke_davis
0 Kudos

I just read Blue Smoke, which is the first Nora Roberts I've read that is a "best seller" type. I was surprised to see it is written with elements of her other book styles and yet it was different. How does she compartmentalize all her different types of writing styles, I wonder. How does she think -- gee, I think I'll write a Robb book today, or a big mystery/best seller, or a simple romance, or the first of a series, or a magic/fantasy style book or one about vampires?? And how is it that while they all have the mark of a Nora Roberts book, they leave you with a distinctly different impression after reading them.

I've decided one of the things I like best about her books is her way with dialogue. She is one of the few writers in any genre who can slip in a quick aside that will catch me by surprise and make me giggle or laugh out loud. Or wish I could think of things like that to say!

There was an excerpt from Angel Falls at the end of Blue Smoke. I didn't think that book would appeal to me but after reading the excerpt I think I'll try that one, too. I'm new to this genre of hers. Which ones are the best?
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I had that title wrong -- it's Angels Fall not Angel Falls. Either way, I bought it today and a funny thing happened at the bookstore. I was considering the shelves and shelves of Nora Roberts books -- most of which I haven't read yet -- when I woman with a couple kids in tow came up beside me. I suddenly realized she was waiting to look at the same shelf I was blocking, so I quickly excused myself. She asked me if I like Nora Roberts and I said yes, but I that I am relatively new to her books. She asked which ones I had read so far and she quickly started pulling out others for me to read -- Midnight Bayou, which she called "very scary" and Divine Evil which she said would "really scare the pants off" me. She said I need to read the five Calhoun books, a collection called Dangerous, and she basically said I haven't lived until I read the J.D. Robb books. I told her about the book club and she said she will probably check it out.

I love the fact that Nora Roberts books are so addictive that other women want to share their favorites with complete strangers.

So now, in addition to Stephen King's new book, a mystery my husband brought me from England, the new Dick Francis and the new Susanna Clark, I have this stack of Nora Roberts books waiting in the wings. And I have a ton of work to do this week, so it looks like sleep is going to have to be forfeited so I can keep up with all these books!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I am relatively new to Nora Roberts but am quickly becoming addicted. My daughter bought me the Nora Roberts Compendium, which I thought would be pretty much a list of her published works. It's a lot more than that and it is very interesting, featuring interviews with her editors, news about fan clubs, websites, the book store she owns with her husband, how she got started writing, tips on writing -- I recommend it.
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:59 members 575 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: