Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
LizzieAnn
0 Kudos

First Nora Roberts

I recently finished my first Nora Roberts books, First Impressions, and I just have to say how much I enjoyed it. It was a good story with great characters and enough twists to keep it interesting. I look forward to reading more of her books.
Liz ♥ ♥

Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested. ~ Francis Bacon
Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Re: First Nora Roberts

You may find yourself hooked!
DebsScott
0 Kudos

LizzieAnn wrote:
I recently finished my first Nora Roberts books, First Impressions, and I just have to say how much I enjoyed it. It was a good story with great characters and enough twists to keep it interesting. I look forward to reading more of her books.

That was a pretty good book (just read it myself as my Christmas present to myself). I don't know how many Nora Roberts books I've read over the past couple of years but I've loved them all...especially ALL of the triologies. Have fun reading!
~Debs~
"And now Harry, let us go out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
~Professor Albus Dumbledore
Contributor
ginger81
0 Kudos

This is my first online book club - okay, it is my first book club ever! I have read several novels by Nora Roberts, and I have loved them all! I would like to read some of the novels with J.D. Robb? Do they have a specific order? If so, what is the first one? If not, does anyone have any suggestions? I have only read her trilogies, but I would like to venture into her other styles.
GW
Frequent Contributor
mayumithrasher
0 Kudos

ginger81 wrote:
This is my first online book club - okay, it is my first book club ever! I have read several novels by Nora Roberts, and I have loved them all! I would like to read some of the novels with J.D. Robb? Do they have a specific order? If so, what is the first one? If not, does anyone have any suggestions? I have only read her trilogies, but I would like to venture into her other styles.

Hi GW~

The In Death series starts with "Naked in Death", and in my opinion, the stories are more enjoyable if you read them in order. Check out http://www.noraroberts.com/jdrobbbooks.htm for the complete list. Just an FYI regarding the series, it's nothing like Roberts' mainstream fiction/romance books so be prepared for really strong language, graphic details (murder and sex scenes), and a sci-fi(ish) bent. I really love Eve Dallas but I wonder how much longer Roberts can write about her?

Hope you enjoy the series...
Mayumi
Contributor
ginger81
0 Kudos

Thanks. I am excited about reading some of them. I am an "in order" type of person. I will let you know as soon as I get the book and begin reading it what I think about the characters. The characters of her novels are always brought to life by her writing. That is one of my favorite things about her.
I am going to try to get "Naked in Death" soon.
GW
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 709 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: