Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Morrigan's Cross

Hi, everyone. Nora Roberts has published a brand-new trilogy this fall. Morrigan's Cross was published in September. It is the first book.

Has anyone read it? What early, first impressions can you share with us?
ozdiamondlil
0 Kudos

Re: Morrigan's Cross

I've read this book and the second one in the trilogy.

I thought it was quite good, although not exceptional like some others I have read.

The scope of the book, with battles to save the world, is huge and so it is really good that it is a trilogy because you would struggle to tell the story in less than three books.

I am looking forward to reading the third book so that I can see what happens with the circle of six that has formed in the first book.
New User
simon_sez
0 Kudos

I read this book plus both of the others that came after, and I've got to say that each one was better than the last. I know Morrigan's Cross started out slowly, and was at times a bit confusing, but it was worth it to keep going as far as I'm concerned.
Frequent Contributor
jmtamez
0 Kudos

I am glad to hear you say this....I thought the first one dragged a bit. I liked the time she spent on the individuals and I liked the characterization of the two brothers and the bond built but it did drag a bit. And the romance seemed a bit over the top. though it's funny to say that for a high fantasy like that! I hope the second is better- it seems you all agree!
Jeanne
Let's talk books! www.booktalks.org
New User
nanaof7
0 Kudos

i read all three of them and enjoyed them a great deal.i didn't want the story to end.
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

Morrigan's Cross was not the best of her works,but it gets really good towards the middle of the book. although I have to admit I fell that Hoyt and Glenna's story was a bit rushed. I really enjoyed the way The Trilogy is wonderfully written, the way this book leads straight to the next Dance of the God and then Valley of Silence...She leaves no gaps and I absolutely LOVED THIS TRILOGY and only wish that there was more of the story, but then it wouldn't be a trilogy i guess.
"Live for me, Moira. Even a world apart, I'll know that you do and be content."
"Once I told you if it could beat, it would beat for you. It does." Cian to Moira in Valley of Silence by NR

This just broke my heart and out sadness and happiness.
Frequent Contributor
LibraryBoom1218
0 Kudos

I'm not a big Nora Roberts fan but.. this series left me satisfied.. normally her stuff doesnt appeal to me but this was great!
New User
Tazha70
0 Kudos

This is one of her best series. Some nice twists and turns, one or 2 are even a little unexpected.
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 43 members 684 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: