New User
beachlvrmi
0 Kudos

Nora Roberts books on T.V.

Greetings to all!
In case you haven't heard four of Nora's books are going to be movies on the Lifetime Channell. The books that will be made into movies are
Angels Fall..air date is 1/29 at 9p eastern
Montana Sky
Carolina Moon
Blue Smoke.
The greatest thing is to love and to be loved in return.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Nora Roberts books on T.V.

Thanks, I didn't know that.
New User
fijpfi
0 Kudos

Its about time. I can't wait!
New User
anitabutlerjw
0 Kudos

That is great to hear that Nora Robert's books will be shown as movies. I think the movies sometimes are better than the books but I am curious how the books of Nora Roberts will turn out in the movies. I cannot wait to see the first one in a few weeks. I will have to get the book and read and get the idea of the plot before seeing the movie. I like to compare the books with the movies made in the same name but sometimes I do find several various changes that are not in the book. I have wondered why the movies sometimes are not exactly what the book have to say.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I have the same reservations about this that I had about the Harry Potter books being made into movies. I had such a clear picture in my head from the books, I didn't want the movies to destroy the image I already had. I loved the first Harry Potter movie but still liked the book better than the movie. I've enjoyed all the movies but still prefer the books.

I am sure I'm going to feel the same way about the Nora Roberts movies. I was very disappointed to see that Heather Locklear had been cast as the lead in Angels Fall. She is NOTHING like the character in the book, not age, looks, or anything. I can't really see Jonathan Schaech in the male lead, either. Maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised.

I liked that book a lot -- Blue Smoke, too. Haven't read Montana Sky yet and I can't remember what the fourth movie was. On the whole, I think I'll stick to the books.
Inspired Contributor
Jo6353
0 Kudos

Montana Sky was the first Nora Roberts book that I read and I've been hooked ever since
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I just read Montana Sky and it is definitely one of her better ones.

I liked Carolina Moon a lot, too, also Birthright and True Betrayals. I seem to like the

I also read her first "blockbuster" type book, Hot Ice, and while it was good, you sure can see how her writing has improved over the years!

I find I'm liking the newest ones the best -- Blue Smoke, Angels Fall, etc. But I consider the series books to be in a class by themselves. My favorites are the Donovans and the MacKades, followed by the MacGregors and the Quinns.

Of her trilogies, I liked the Three Sisters Island books the best, followed by the garden series -- Blue Dahlia, Black Rose and Red Lily. I also liked the Born in series. Haven't read any of the other series yet. I only started reading these a few months ago -- I can only read so fast!!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I was just reading something in US or People -- one of those magazines -- and there was a blurb about Jonathan Schaech appearing in Angels Fall tomorrow. It mentioned he lives in Maryland, or comes from Maryland. Since I found out that Nora Roberts lives in that part of the world, has a bookstore there, etc., I keep coming across books of hers that take place in or around that state. When she likes a place, she sure promotes the heck out of it!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I just watched Angels Fall. Well, it was nowhere near as good as the book. Jonathan Schaech was better than I expected but I just couldn't see Heather Locklear as very believable in her role. It was okay but not memorable, in my opinion. I would have rather spent the time reading!

I was interested to see that Clare (Claire?) Forlani is in one of the upcoming movies, Carolina Moon I think. I loved her in Meet Joe Black and Carolina Moon was a really good book so I have hopes for that one.
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:147 members 535 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: