Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

Valley of Silence

This is the third book of the trilogy, published in November. Has anyone had a chance to purchase this one yet? Started it? I imagine at least one of our die-hard fans out there has hidden in the supply closet at work to finish it. Right? Do confess!
mimi2980
0 Kudos

Re: Valley of Silence

I have purchased this book along with the first two of the series! I have finished it and as always, I loved it! I cried near the end of the book and my heart broke for Cian. But of course the ending was redeeming! I would recomment this series to anybody who loves Nora Roberts' work!
New User
simon_sez
0 Kudos

I have to say that I am glad I'm not the only one who cried for Cian when reading this book. The last love story of the trilogy was absolutely the best, and if a woman has to love a vampire, that man would be the best one. Nora may have come into this mystical genre of wizards, witches and all that stuff, but she sure knows how to humanize it all.
Frequent Contributor
mx6stcy
0 Kudos

Circle Trilogy

I recently finished this series and I was thrilled with these books! I bought Morrigan's Cross ages ago and never felt like reading it (crazy, I know) but when I finally got into it I immediately went out and bought both of the others. I'm really glad they were all available when I started to read this series, if I'd had to wait I think it would've driven me crazy, lol. I've been a long-standing fan of the vampires in Anne Rice's works but I have to say that Cian is now my favorite vampire. I love the way Nora's vampire's still live like humans (eating, sleeping, sex, etc) that part just appealed to me so much! I'd love to see this as a movie but I have a feeling that it would disappoint me as the story line would probably have to be altered for time and the special effects would be hard to master without an enormous filming budget. I could probably discuss these 3 books for days as they are now my absolute favorites from Nora Roberts!!!
New User
boxerlover
0 Kudos

Re: Circle Trilogy

We had some real cold snow days and I read all three of the circle books. I normally am not a fantasy genre fan but b/c I love nora roberts so much I decided to give them a try. I have to say that these 3 books, or the story as a whole, have made it to my top ten list. I laughed and cried several times.
Leah
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Circle Trilogy

I just started the Key trilogy and I'm almost finished with the first book Key of Light. It's really good, I think you'd like this series, too. And my favorites are the Three Sisters Island trilogy and the In the Garden trilogy.
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

Well let me start by saying that honestly at first when I saw Morrigan's Cross at the store I hesitated because Vampire stories are a very tried topic...and frankly Am not a big fan....But I did buy it and I can honstly tell you that I read all three books in three days....Nora did a great job with all of the characters,but I was drawn from the first book to Cian and Moira. He was so cold and sexy and had alot of wit. Moira was shy and intelligent, but them she gained confidence and she rocked. I love their story the most because its more it just carries on from the begining of the trilogy. I loved that Cian was trying so hard to be cold towards Moira, but then he just gave in to their love... OF course I cried and laughed and By the end of the book I was a mess of emotions...I had to read their lines outloud at the end and I was sobbing, thank god I was alone at home speacially that whole YOU CAME BACK AND YOUR ALIVE AND YOUR HEART BEATS SCENE. I was happy that Cian was the one telling the story all along. bUT still I wish that there was more to read, for example what happened after the other got there back to geall....Am glad I wasn't the only one who cried and loved them like me......

But over all this books shows the true meaning of HAPPILY EVER AFTER!!!!!
"Live for me, Moira. Even a world apart, I'll know that you do and be content."
"Once I told you if it could beat, it would beat for you. It does." Cian to Moira in Valley of Silence by NR

This just broke my heart and out sadness and happiness.
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 4 members 253 guests
Recent signins:
Please welcome our newest community members: