Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
RedingIsNotaLostArt
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Book Club!

Hay Guys,

Picked up The Key today. Last one on the shelf. I had this poor B&N employee searching high and low. It was in the wrong area. Gotta love those B&N employees! Can't wait to start it! Let you know how it go's.
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

Re: Re:Circle Trilogy

Hey ya'll!!!!! Well its nice to hear that you picked up on the suggestion ReadingIsNotaLostA.....I really think that you will enjoy this trilogy!!!!

Happy Reading Everyone!!!!!!
"Live for me, Moira. Even a world apart, I'll know that you do and be content."
"Once I told you if it could beat, it would beat for you. It does." Cian to Moira in Valley of Silence by NR

This just broke my heart and out sadness and happiness.
Reader
rmac
0 Kudos

Hello, I am new to this club. I am a single mom of two and I love to read Nora Roberts.
New User
Scheila
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

I just found this Nora Roberts book club site. What a great find. I am from IL and love to read Nora Roberts. I agree with most of you regarding not really see her books just as romantic novels. I love the twists and turns she puts in them. All of the books I have seen on here so far are great. There are a couple more I wanted to add that I think a good reads. TRUE BETRAYALS and THE VILLA. These are wonderful. I think one of the draws to Nora Roberts books is how well she describes the surroundings, locations, and feelings of the character(s). I am able to see a picture in my head and feel what they are feeling as I if I am right there,and when she describes the food man I get so hungary. LOL

I read a J.D. Robb book and it was interesting, I am now reading the very first one Naked in Death so I can start reading them in order.

I am looking forward to chatting with everyone,

Scheila
Reader
rmac
0 Kudos

The J.D Robb books are great. I am currently reading Loyalty in Death.
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

Well we all agree that Nora Roberts' books are excellent.....She has a way of captivating readers that I have found in only few others. But I just hope that Nora keeps the books coming and maybe a few other books turned into film (but a little better than the last four) I was not very satisfied with the films, but then again what can one expect from a 2 hour movie with commercials!!!!!!
"Live for me, Moira. Even a world apart, I'll know that you do and be content."
"Once I told you if it could beat, it would beat for you. It does." Cian to Moira in Valley of Silence by NR

This just broke my heart and out sadness and happiness.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

She writes fast, but I read faster, and this is a problem. I have now worked my way through everything but her J.D. Robb books, and I'm dabbling in those. So who can I read (in addition to my "serious" reading) until her new book comes out in July? I'm trying people I hadn't read before, like Jayne Ann Krentz, and others I used to read but had forgotten about,like Lisa Jackson and Linda Howard. Read a Sandra Brown but she is iffy -- some are great but others, not. Recommendations?
Frequent Contributor
mayumithrasher
0 Kudos

Have you ready any books by Barbara Delinsky? I've liked a few of her books, especially Three Wishes. The earlier Susan Isaacs books, though not necessarily classified as romances, definitely have a romantic quality to them. You could also try Luann Rice. I find her writing inconsistent but the story lines are interesting.

I'm actually procrastinating reading her latest JD Robb book. Reading the synopsis has me bothered about Rourke! Grrr!

-Mayumi

becke_davis wrote:
She writes fast, but I read faster, and this is a problem. I have now worked my way through everything but her J.D. Robb books, and I'm dabbling in those. So who can I read (in addition to my "serious" reading) until her new book comes out in July? I'm trying people I hadn't read before, like Jayne Ann Krentz, and others I used to read but had forgotten about,like Lisa Jackson and Linda Howard. Read a Sandra Brown but she is iffy -- some are great but others, not. Recommendations?

Frequent Contributor
read2teach
0 Kudos

Have you tried Susan Elizabeth Phillips? I just recently read Match Me if You Can and Natural Born Charmer. They are great light reading. I found myself laugh out loud a lot!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I have read a couple of her books and liked them, but I haven't read any of her recent books.
New User
drbs_tweeti
0 Kudos

My name is Stephanie, otherwise known as drbs_tweeti. I enjoy most Nora Roberts' books tremendously and have been looking for a book club to join. I hope I can come in and bring something interesting in and learn something new with the group.

Thanks.
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
....Robert Heinlein

There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats.
....Albert Schweitzer
Reader 2
charley
0 Kudos

Hi - my name is Charlotte and I'm new to the book club and love it already. My very favorite thing to do is read. I absolutely LOVE Nora Roberts. I have read many of her works (and I also listen to the audio cd's as I have a 2 hour commute daily to and from work "in the Atlanta area"). A few of my favorites are: Birthright, Carnal Innocence (I'm listening to this one now for about the 3rd time - the narrator, Tom Stechschulte makes all of the characters come alive... LOVE him) and another favorite is the Garden trilogy. As for the J D Robb books (In Death Series) - I have the entire series and have read it 3 times and am on my 4th time now.

Nora makes you fall in love with all of her characters and I'm always sad to get to the end of her books.... but then I get excited because I can start a new one !!

becke_davis ...... Have you read anything by Barbara Freethy or Karen Robards? I enjoy their books and I also LOVE Linda Howard.

Thanks for all the good tips everyone and I look forward to chatting with you guys.
"Coffee, coffee will keep me sane" Eve Dallas quote from Portrait In Death ~~ J D Robb
New User
Purplemom
0 Kudos

Hi I'm new to the book club and I love Nora Roberts books. I picked one a few summers ago and just lost myself in them and went in search of them. I am currently reading paperback with 3 short storied called 'Going Home'. My favorite series so far has to be the Quinn family(Chesapeake Blue, etc.)

Nice to see some other people who love her work as well.
New User
deemorgan6
0 Kudos

LitEditor wrote:
Welcome to the Nora Roberts Book Club!

Please use this thread to say hello and tell the group a bit about yourself.

LitEditor wrote:
Welcome to the Nora Roberts Book Club!

Please use this thread to say hello and tell the group a bit about yourself.

I am so happy to know that there are others out there who enjoy J.D. Robb and the IN Death Series. My mother and I managed to get every one of them and have read them all. While I have not read Nora Roberts, I can certainly appreciate her talent.
New User
cinyce
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is cindy, I have been reading Nora Roberts for years. I live in Minnesota. I have 2 kids, they are still living at home, and my daughter brought her family with her, so we have a full house, and a noisy one with a 2 year old.
New User
Noras_New_Fan
0 Kudos

Hi everyone! I'm embarrassed to say that I am 36 years old and have just found the JOY of reading.  I started out reading Fern Michaels books and once I read all of the ones in the public library I began on Nora Robert's.  So far I have read about 8 of her books and have not been able to put any of them down. I am almost finished with "Northern Lights" and had to put it down so I could enjoy the supense a little bit longer. I will finish it while in line waiting to pick my child up from school. I am really glad to have found this site.:smileyvery-happy:

Reader 2
NRFAN
0 Kudos

HI,

Welcome, My name is Anne, and i am 45 yrs. old, I love to read as well, it is my favorite pastime, Northern Lights is a very good book, i enjoyed it alot.  i am reading NR River's End, and i am enjoying that alot. I also enjoy books from Debbie Macomber, and Danielle Steel.

look forward to chatting with you.

Anne

Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 47 members 302 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: