BN Editor
LitEditor
0 Kudos

Welcome to the Book Club!

Welcome to the Nora Roberts Book Club!

Please use this thread to say hello and tell the group a bit about yourself.

See the latest news about book clubs in the Book Clubs Blog.
New User
brenopa
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Book Club!

Why do I do it? Why do I keep picking up Nora Roberts books? I cannot believe I just finished another one: (Blue Smoke). I tried to hide the cover whlie I read it on the train. I made sure that none of my friends knew that I was reading it.

My license plate reads: "BOOKLVR". I have four library cards. I'm known for reading heavyweight fiction and non-fiction. But every once and a while, I need some Nora Roberts. I always feel a wee bit guilty, when I'm done...

I'm not a snob. I figure anyone who reads as much as I do can read whatever she pleases. But something about Nora Roberts books, with the official "Nora Roberts Seal" on them makes me feel tainted somehow.

I guess I'll have to read the latest John Updike or E.L. Doctorow to feel "right", but in the meantime, I'm waiting for the library to get her new paranormal fantasy romances (Morrigan's Cross and Dance of the Gods).

I can hardly wait!
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I know just what you mean. I'm also reading The Human Voice and Blink, and I do read books that have some meat in them, but somehow when it comes time to relax, I find myself reaching for a Nora Roberts. Took me awhile to read hers, but now I'm a fan.
Contributor
sarahsal
0 Kudos

We all need a little fluff in our lives!
Frequent Contributor
clarepayton
0 Kudos

"But every once in a while, I need some Nora Roberts,"

says one of our members. I love it! But, just what is it that we need? If her books satisfy a craving, then, can we say what?
nandkhanna
0 Kudos

I am just joining in today. I am a mom of two, and love reading Nora Roberts. I like her writing style. She can become addictive.
New User
Larkin
0 Kudos

Well, I have been reading Nora Roberts for a very long time. I have read all of her published works, including the JD Robb series. I love the way that Nora creates and writes her characters. Her character developement is far ahead of many other writers. I am never ashamed to be reading a Nora Roberts book. In fact, many people I know who would NEVER choose a "romance novel" now like Nora becasue I have recommended her. I don't really call her work
"romance" anyway~ I consider her stuff more comtemporary fiction.

I am new to the book club. I am fifty two yeard old, and the Mom of a grown daughter. Married for nearly 33 years (to the same man!) and a labor and delivery nurse. In addition to reading, I enjoy movies and theatre. I also like to sew and do various crafts.

Larkin
New User
Nabikigirl
0 Kudos

Hi, I live in San Juan, PR and I've been reading Nora Roberts' books for years. I first fell in love with the MacGregors and since I've been reading every title I can get my hand on.
New User
lfi4life
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]
I just wanted to join a book club that loves Nora Roberts like I do. I think that she is a wonderful writer. Sometimes I get goose bumps while reading her books. I am like a lot of you, how does she keep you reading her books book after book. I like her love storys best. I cant really get into her JD Robb books yet, but I am sure that I will get there.

Message Edited by lfi4life on 12-11-200603:39 AM

Message Edited by lfi4life on 12-11-200603:39 AM

New User
lfi4life
0 Kudos

I agree with you her books are addictive.
New User
lfi4life
0 Kudos

Nora Roberts really does have the books for you to sit back and relax after a long day.
Contributor
ozdiamondlil
0 Kudos

I am new to this bookclub, and am glad to see a thread for Nora Roberts books. I guess I am relatively new to Nora's books - I have read 13 of her books. What I love about reading a Nora Roberts book is that you have to go a fair way back to get a bad book. Most of the time you are guaranteed a good read. The ohter thing is that I am yet to feel as though I have read one of her stories before - something that can happen with some romance authors!
Frequent Contributor
shannon_burke
0 Kudos

I enjoy Nora Roberts books a great deal. Like some people said they are addicting. So much so that I can rarely put one down. I haven't read them all but i plan to. She's one of the great and INTERESTING authors out there.
Shannon~
New User
fijpfi
0 Kudos

I'm a long time Nora Roberts fan. I first got addicted with the Gallagher series. Since then I've read everything, including the J.D. Robbs. Most of her books I've read more than once. I'm a busy mother of 4 teen children. I'm a library assistant at a middle school and also cook and serve dinner for after school programs (Kids Cafe') with my 15 year old daughter. I spend alot of my free time with my face in a book and often don't get alot of sleep. It's the "just one more chapter" sindrome.
Distinguished Correspondent
DebsScott
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm Debs and I read any and everything! I'm a huge fan of Nora Roberts and here's why: I've read many a romance book over my 43 years (starting in high school with Harlequins) and no romance author has held my attention like NR. The main reason is because she makes her characters so BELIEVABLE! Even in the Morrigan's Cross trilogy they were believable. I love how she makes her women strong. Sometimes they may be a bit vulnerable, but they are never weak, simpering fools. The heros aren't perfect they have their flaws and they have their weaknesses just like REAL men do. Also, many romances tend to only be from the heroine's POV. Not a NR romance...you get to see what's going on from BOTH the hero's and the heroine's viewpoint. I just love that.

Oh, a bit about me. I teach pre-kindergarten and have gone back to college to earn my Associates in Early Childhood Education. My teenage daughter is trying to encourage me to go even farther so I can teach high school English (something I would love to do). I'm married to a great man who spoils me to death and indulges my reading habit by giving me B & N gift cards on the spur-of-the-moment (he won't buy the actual book because he's not sure what I've read already). I'm the mom of two beautiful girls (twenty and fifteen) and have a brand new grandson! I have a bit of an obsession with Harry Potter. I love to read and write. My dream is to one day see my name on the romance (which is turning into an epic novel) book on which I'm currently writing.
~Debs~
"And now Harry, let us go out into the night and pursue that flighty temptress, adventure."
~Professor Albus Dumbledore
New User
anitabutlerjw
0 Kudos

Hi! I am Anita from LIsle, IL. I have read many of NOra Roberts' books./ Now there is a new list of more books from her. I know that I will enjoy reading the new books of hers. I am a fan of romance, historial, fiction and scienctic books. I am usually known as a bookworm. I will enjoy being in this class.
New User
JenCarroll
0 Kudos

Hi! I am Jennifer from South Carolina. I love Nora Roberts and have read many of her books. I love all of her books but the trilogies are my favorites. I have started reading the JD Robb series and I am impressed by Nora Roberts imagination. She is a strong writer. I get lost in every book I read.
New User
Jpuzzle
0 Kudos

I just recently found this forum, I love that I can talk with others about boooks. I am a HUGE Nora Roberts fan. I was recently turned on to her "In dealth" series she writes under her pen name Jd Robb. I really cant say how much sleep I have gotten in the last few months, but its not alot :smileyhappy:. I try and put the book down but I cant. I keep telling myself, okay just one more chapter, and then im half way through the book haha.. Look forward to reading and discussing..

Bridgett
I love to READ books its my favorite past time, I usually carry a book with me in my purse, and try to read when ever I can. Its a stress reliever for me hehe. :smileyhappy:
New User
Jpuzzle
0 Kudos

Hi Larkin, I also love the In dealth series, I cant seem to put the books down. I have about 6 books left in the series, and I am totally in love with the characters. I like her In dealth series because I think its a diffrent type of writting style than her other books, its more of a futeristic mystery.

Bridgett
I love to READ books its my favorite past time, I usually carry a book with me in my purse, and try to read when ever I can. Its a stress reliever for me hehe. :smileyhappy:
New User
boxerlover
0 Kudos

Hi, my name is Leah. I love to read and Nora Roberts is definately one of my fave authors. I just read the circle series and loved every minute of it. I work PT for my DH so I have lots of time to read!!!
Leah
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online:50 members 504 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: