Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Welcome to the Book Club!

Leah - Just wanted to be sure you are aware there is more talk about Nora Roberts going on under the Romance Reading heading in the Fiction Book Clubs. Check it out!
Reader 2
NRFAN
0 Kudos

Hi, My name is Anne and i live in North Dakota, I am a big fan of Nora Roberts, I have read many of her books, and enjoy them all, I have not yet read any of her JD Robb books yet, but look forward to it. I just pick up two more books to read today, Northern Lights and Birthright. I would have to say that the first book i read of hers that got me hooked was the sisters trilogy. I have other authors that i enjoy but since i started reading NR books i have not gone back to read any of the others. My favorite passtime is reading, and with it being so cold here in ND, i enjoy staying getting cuddled on the couch with a NR book. I look forward to chatting with others about NR.

Anne
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

Hi everyone, Im new to this book club, Well I've never been part of anything like this, but I was searching for a place where I could talk to people who share my love for NR's books. I first read my NR book when I was 17 and I read Divine Evil, After that I was hooked. Am now 21 and I still read her books religously. My last read was Circle Trilogy and as you can tell by my quotes I absolutely loved it. I love the way the character are developed specially Cian and Moira. I have watched her movies on lifetime and have been disappointed. Well I hope to have some interresting discussions on this book club and I look forward to reading more of Nora's books ......

Keep them coming Nora.......
"Live for me, Moira. Even a world apart, I'll know that you do and be content."
"Once I told you if it could beat, it would beat for you. It does." Cian to Moira in Valley of Silence by NR

This just broke my heart and out sadness and happiness.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

I've said it before but I know it can be hard to follow the postings when you are new. (I'm not your moderator, by the way, just a fan) -- anyway, there are more Nora Roberts posts under fiction, look up the heading Romantic Reads and join us there, too!
New User
Milhoue65
0 Kudos

I just can not get enough of Nora Roberts' books. I love all of her books and have read most of them. I am currently working my way through all the JD Robb books. I hope she writes forever!
Contributor
RedingIsNotaLostArt
0 Kudos

I, to couldn't get enough of the Circle Trilogy. The love and humor were it belong was great. You could relate to the characters emotions and choices. Cain and Moira's relationship comes to a full circle. NR kept the best for last. Each relationship including Lilith and lora relationship was one of love and sorrow. I usually I move back and forth with author's, but Nora Roberts got me hooked for a longer period of time. I couldn't the books down!

-"Come this dark, we'll raise sword and heart and mind against them. And as the gods witness this I swear it, we will raise the sun."- the end of Moira speech as she addresses her troops before they head into the Valley of silence for their final battle

This quote is the very end of Moira address to her troops. When I read the full address there was a knot in my heart.
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

I love it when other people feel my passion for the Circle Trilogy...Although I had a knot in my heart throughout the entire Valley of Silence story.... I also loved the way Nora made Lilith's character seem (what is the word) well made you feel pity for her by the last story.....But my love is for Cian and Moira.
"Once I told you if it could beat, it would beat for you. It does." Cian to Moira in Valley of Silence by NR

Contributor
RedingIsNotaLostArt
0 Kudos

Yes, I did feel pity for Lilith. What was so sad was that she did love and love left her on the beach with her innocents. You felt her pain. I felt remorse when death came to take her on that lonely beach. I also felt her rage, when she became what she came to be, feeding on her lost love. Her hate for humans and the love that they shared was her fuel that drove her to “try” to annihilate all humans. That's some strong rage from love lost!
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

My sentiments exactly (readingsnotalosart). I came to understand her rage and her sense of vengance for human kind....But I loved the way Nora made Cian's character so dark and sexy and to top it all, with a great sence of humor...I fell for him from the start....I couldn't get enough of Cian and Moira...I loved thir first kiss (so much heat). And the fact that it was Moira who had the courage to step up to him on that other night. I loved that chapter. Then after the battle when he left her that letter, I was sobbing as I read it. And that final Chapter when ( well my Quote will say it all) It was hard to see it end really.....But oh well, I just plain love all her work.

Contributor
RedingIsNotaLostArt
0 Kudos

Your so right Namarie!

Who Can't get enough of Cain! That's one hot vamp. I love the way Moira was so innocent in the present world of Ireland. She rarely had a voice and lacked a little confidence. How should I word it.....small? Moira questioned Cain's role and only saw the hurt and darkness that reminded her of the death of her mother. Then she returned home. Moira was in her element. She transformed from the weak link to a strong, self-assured and the confidence...her character was amazing in the final book. Yet she found that very thing that hunted her dreams so alluring, Cain. She knew actually what she wanted and how to get. I almost felt sorry for Cain! He didn't see it coming. He was more the prey then she could ever been to a hungry vampire. I, to love their romance. It was great to see a strong female take the lead as huntress then the hunted. Amazing characters.
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Okay, you guys talked me into it. I'm reading Morrigan's Cross and it's better than I expected. Don't say I told you so.
Contributor
RedingIsNotaLostArt
0 Kudos

Hi, becke_davis.
You’re going to love the trilogy! You said the read its better then you through. How so? I’m curious on yours thoughts on the characters.
Hay, what do guys recommend I read next? I still a new Nora Roberts Fan. What’s going to keep me wanting more of NR?
becke_davis
0 Kudos

Well, I'm not interested in the vampire genre and it kind of put me off. And, I'm not big on the historical books. But I didn't realize this was partly in the present (maybe all in the present except the first part, I'm only half way through the first book). I'm a big Nora Roberts fan so it hasn't been that hard to overcome the anti-vampire prejudice because her writing style is so good, and also familiar despite the different genre. It's not that I don't like magic and fantasy, because I really like the Donovans. I just like it better when it's set in modern times.

It's fun recognizing the characters I've "heard" you all talking about. Moira is a recent introduction. I've read enouogh of your posts to know some of the things coming up, but instead of spoiling it for me, it's making it more interesting.
New User
glo923
0 Kudos

hi, I just joined recently. I'm from San Juan PR too, and I enjoy Nora Roberts a lot.
take care,
adios
glo
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

Re:Circle Trilogy

ReadingIsNotaLostA...

Once again you managed to explain why I loved this trilogy! Although I felt a knot in my throat with Little Nola scenes (something about her)!!! Well the other day I found myself re-reading the Key Trilogy, I think that you will really enjoy reading it, if you haven't already...I also Loved the Three Sister's Island Trilogy,Carolina Moon, I also recommend Angel's Falls, Blue Smoke, Northern Lights.....and many others but those are the recent ones I've read.....I havent read all of her books, but I'm taking my time to enjoy her work...

Becke_Davis

I'm pleased to hear that you are enjoying the trilogy, if you've liked Morrigan's Cross, then you'll also enjoy the ones to come....Although the only regret I have is that Glenna and Hoyt's story was a little rushed (I felt), but it was still a really good love story!!!!!

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Re: Re:Circle Trilogy

I read the Key trilogy a few weeks ago and liked it a lot. With the circle trilogy, I agree, it seemed like the first book was alittle rushed. Or maybe I just rushed reading it because I was anxious to get to book 3, which so many of you had recommended!

While Valley of the Silence was my favorite of this trilogy, my two favorite trilogies were the Three Sisters Island set and the Garden trilogy. I think I am just more comfortable with more modern storylines, or stories in places that are more familiar to me, I guess.
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

I think that is why I found myself wandering off at the begining of Morrigan's Cross because of the time the story was set...I thought it was going to be like that for all three books.......I was just having a little trouble picturing and getting into the book, but then I was pulled, most of all because of the characters.

I liked Glenna Ward, she was a strong, independent woman, but also very femenine....

I enjoyed all the characters in the book, they were all different, and interesting just how Nora likes to make them!!!!!

Hey glo923 yo soy Dominicana!!!!!!y me encanta saber que hay parsonas hispanas que disfrutan a Nora Roberts como yo......(i love to know that there are hispanics that enjoy reading Nora Roberts just as I do.)

Contributor
RedingIsNotaLostArt
0 Kudos

Hi All,

What's new? I love Troilgy's...once I'm done with the book I have in my hand, I'll pick up what Becke Davis and Namaria recommend The Key Triogly is it? I have to keep up with us guys! hahahah...

Welcome glo923.
Si, yo soy hispana ( Yes, I'm Hispanic.) Brooklyn Rican Hahahah...
Frequent Contributor
Namarie
0 Kudos

Hi ReadingIsNotaLostA...,

ur from Brooklyn, nice, well I'm from Westchester County in NY, but I'm always in the Bronx......

So yes, the trilogy is called Key Trilogy: key of light, key of knowledge, and key of valor......They are all really good stories!!!you will enjoy it.

becke_davis
0 Kudos

Both the Key Trilogy and the Circle trilogy are good, both are fantasy-type series.
Top Kudoed Authors
Users Online
Currently online: 40 members 247 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: