Contributor
rhadinNY
0 Kudos

AAA discount

I am a AAA member and I have 2 questions relating to the AAA discount.

1. According to your website, "AAA members receive a 10% discount on all orders*" except that "*Discounts do not apply to the purchase of gift cards, gift wrapping or B&N membership". There are NO other exclusions from the discount.

I tried to preorder the nook and apply the discount but there does not seem to be a way to do it from the AAA-B&N website, although the nook is shown on the website. Please advise me how to preorder the nook and get my 10% discount.

2. Also, I note that the AAA-B&N website doesn't seem to have a link for ebooks. How do I go about buying ebooks with my AAA 10% discount?

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

Re: AAA discount

It is very unlikely that you are going to be able to use your AAA membership for the nook, the nook accessories or the e-book purchases.  Even those of us you have a B&N membership and a B&N credit card are not allowed any discount on these items.  We get free expidited shipping on a pre-order of the nook but that is all.  You should also be aware that you cannot use a gift card to purchase e-books and I am pretty sure that you cannot use a gift card for the nook or its accessories.

Contributor
rhadinNY
0 Kudos

dreamcatcher, I, too, am a B&N member and am aware that B&N cares very little about my being a member. However, the AAA arrangement is a different arrangement; it may even be contractual with AAA. Additionally, the website for AAA members is very clear about what is excluded and the nook and ebooks are not part of that exclusion. I have written B&N twice privately asking these questions and have received no response other than that they received my questions. This board makes the third time. Next stop is AAA.

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

Thanks for that info.  I am a AAA member but did not know you could get a discount at B&N.  AAA is most definitley  my next venue to check out.  It would be wonderful if I could use my AAA for purchases.  Thanks for the info

Frequent Contributor
RaAusar
0 Kudos

I'm a AAA member as well and wasn't aware of being able to get 10% discount on purchases.

Thank you for the information.

Contributor
avwh
0 Kudos

RaAusar wrote:

I'm a AAA member as well and wasn't aware of being able to get 10% discount on purchases.

Thank you for the information.

+1

Correspondent
guenevol
0 Kudos

dreamcatcherSM wrote:

Even those of us you have a B&N membership and a B&N credit card are not allowed any discount on these items.  We get free expidited shipping on a pre-order of the nook but that is all.

dreamcatcher, this is not entirely accurate. When I ordered the nook, I was told to expect my 5% back (which was about $14) from the B&N Mastercard. If you set this as your default card, you should also get 5% back on ebooks.

B&N Bookseller
Kevin_H
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

The AAA discount, per the AAA site, is "Not valid at www.barnesandnoble.com or in Barnes & Noble retail stores."

The only way to get a AAA discount is to go to the AAA website, log in, and then go to the barnes & noble store. Alternately, you can go www.aaa.com/barnesandnoble. Either way you get there, the AAA Barnes & Noble Store does not offer e-books or nook on its site. I opened the AAA store and the regular BN store in different tabs, and you can see that several B&N categories/tabs are available at B&N but not with AAA- ebooks, nook, toys & games.

So, it's not really a matter of listing nook as an exclusion- the list of exclusions applies to things you can actually see at the AAA discount site (gift cards, Member cards, and gift wrapping). Nook isn't mentioned in the exclusions - and neither are Toys & Games or Home & Gift items - because they're not available on the AAA store.

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

I stand corrected on not getting the 5% back when you use the B&N Mastercard. You do get about $14 back when ordering the nook.  I have never ordered e-books from B&N so can't really comment on the 5% on those.  I hope that I do. 

New User
brijmc
0 Kudos

Currently there is no discount on the Nook, period. Not even employees. This may change as they get negative feedback from customers, so my suggestion is to write corporate.

Important Links

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:58 members 465 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: