Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Isabeau46
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Any way to enlarge maps on nook?

Love my nook and promptly downloaded "Under the Dome" but the town map is too small to be able to see on the nook.  Since this is my first experience with electronic reading devices, I'm asking 1) if this is always a problem and if so 2) what are my options?

Thanks for any suggestions.

Frequent Contributor
Baturro
0 Kudos

Re: Any way to enlarge maps on nook?

I knew exactly what you were asking when I read your subject. I can't really see the details on that map either.  I tried enlarging the font size but that didn't change the map at all. I would suggest downloading the eBook into your BN desktop reader on your computer. It's a free download if you don't have it yet (http://www.barnesandnoble.com/ebooks/download-reader.asp?dltab=pc&cds2Pid=28709).

Maybe we will be able to see it better on a larger computer screen. I just tried downloading that book into my reader but it's not working yet again. For crying out loud...

Anyway, hope that helps. Maybe you can download it.

Contributor
Isabeau46
0 Kudos

Excellent workaround - Thanks!! 

Perhaps a nook solution would make a good enhancement for the future.   :smileyvery-happy:

New User
noah677
0 Kudos

This is a good work around but not what is needed. To cubersome. I would likd a sofware solution to this. The Kindle has the same problem. I doubt they will be able to do this.:smileyhappy:

Inspired Correspondent
nickels
0 Kudos

The solution would be to add some touchscreen navigation for PDF files. Make is so you can do a 2x or 4x zoom, then make buttons where you jump sections as smooth scrolling will never happen on an e-ink screen. When zoomed the map would be like a 3x3 grid (kind of like a tic-tac-toe board) where you are looking at the top left section closer, then you could jump to the next section on the right or below the section you are viewing. Again, this is just speculation on how it could work, but that is the beauty of this type of device. The odds are great that this can be added in the future. For now the e-reader on the PC will have to do.

Contributor
Isabeau46
0 Kudos

I think we all will agree with you.

Inspired Correspondent
nickels
0 Kudos

Until then here ya go:

Contributor
Isabeau46