Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Detritus
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

CANNOT GET TO MENU OF BOOKS

I UPDATED TO 1.2. NOW, WHEN I TRY TO ACCESS MY LIBRARY, I CANNOT GET TO THE LIST. IT SHOWS THAT IT IS LOOKING FOR NEW ADDITIONS, THEN EXITS DIRECTLY TO THE DESKTOP. HOW CAN I GET TO MY BOOKS? MY B&N DOWNLOADS AND MY DOCUMENTS, NEITHER SHOW UP.

Contributor
Detritus
0 Kudos

Re: CANNOT GET TO MENU OF BOOKS

I TRIED SOMETHING THAT SEEMS TO HAVE WORKED. I HOOKED UP THE USB AND REMOVED ALL MY DOCUMENTS TO A FOLDER ON THE COMPUTER. THEN I PUT THE NOOK TO SLEEP AND THEN WOKE IT UP. IT CAME BACK SHOWING THE B&N LIBRARY. SEEMED TO WORK FINE. THEN I COPIED ALL THE FILES BACK TO MY DOCUMENTS. NOW IT APPEARS TO BE WORKING.

(PLEASE FORGIVE THE ALL CAPS. I WORK IN ALL CAPS AS A DRAFTSMAN.)

HOPE THIS HELPS ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS THIS HAPPEN.

New User
Alleran
0 Kudos

I seem to be having the same problem as well.  I click on the "my library" icon and the e-ink screen flashes to "Checking for new items".  A second later it then flashes to the  big n in the iddle of the screen main page.  Also the touch screen does not go to the library sub screen It just stays on the main 5 button screen when you hit my library.  But all the other buttons work just fine.

Contributor
HappyNook
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I followed your instructions and now my B&N Library comes up but it won't bring up My Documents lists - it tries but ends up on the "n" page just like the library used to do.

Seems like it can only open up one or the other.

On the other hand, by clicking on "reading now" I can get to an ebook that is a My Document - so they are in there somewhere. :smileyhappy:

Reader
Asculto
0 Kudos

I have the same problem. Tried your fix. It works, but only when I load one document. If I load all my pdf files back, problem reoccurs. I can open the pdfs when hooled up by USB. This is an issue that BN must fix. Work around is not acceptable.

Contributor
genierenae
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem.... did the fix above, now I can't get my documents.

Contributor
Detritus
0 Kudos

ASCULTO, I AGREE. IT NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. I WAS JUST TRYING TO FIND SOMETHING THAT MIGHT WORK. SO FAR IT HAS WORKED FOR ME. I AM SORRY TO HEAR IT DID NOT FOR OTHERS. BUT YOU ARE CORRECT ABOUT IT NEEDS BEING FIXED.

Contributor
HappyNook
0 Kudos

I just spoke to Tech Support and they totally helped me out.

The problem was that the documents on my Nook got corrupted during the software upgrade.

When the Nook tries to open a corrupted document it is designed to stop trying and go back to the wallpaper page.

What I had to do was remove all of the documents from my Nook.

Then I had to reload my Nook with my original documents - not the ones I had copied back to my computer from my upgraded Nook (the ones that got corrupted during the upgrade).

Now everything works great! :smileyhappy:

Contributor
Detritus
0 Kudos

THANK YOU!!

New User
zackorsborn
0 Kudos

Thank you so much!

New User
Freakin
0 Kudos

same experience here.  I made a new thread to caution people to backup first before manually doing the update

Frequent Contributor
Delenn1
0 Kudos

Thanks!  I was starting get really annoyed.

New User
aqueen
0 Kudos

That would have been great except my whole reason for getting the nook was to free up some space on my laptop which I used for almost all pdf files.....So once I did ERASED them....I cant even belive this happened..I guess its my own fault for not saving them and having to much faith in something working right the first time around...