Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
CWCGCMSLA
0 Kudos

Can't Read a Purchased Book

So far it has been one issue after another with this thing and I am ready to return it.  I purched a book on it over an hour ago and still have not figured out how to read it.  The directions say "select read on the color menu" but READ is NOT AN OPTION!  The enfuriating woman the video cheerfully tells me the same thing as though it is so easy that a small child can do it...but it is NOT.

I keep selecting download--the only other option that makes any sense whatsoever--and it continues to tell me that the download is queued and "will complete shortly."  Can anyone help me before I end up hurling this thing out an open window?

Contributor
rfmanny
0 Kudos

Re: Can't Read a Purchased Book

I've been having the same problem.  I believe it is because of heavy traffic on the site. I've read a post by another user.  He says the books downloaded after a couple hours.

New User
jbeverid
0 Kudos

I have tried to download several sample ebooks to try things out.  It typically says "Queued will begin shortly".  This happened for four different samples.  Hopefully this is just heavy traffic but they might have anticipated this issue??

New User
jacksinn
0 Kudos

I too have had a problem today with downloads saying "Queued: Will complete shortly." on my book purchases. It obviously has internet connectivity because I was able to purchase a book both through the nook and via bn.com which then synched with the nook. The books are listed as *new* on the device but when I choose to download I only get that message.

I'll give the network some time since today is unboxing for a lot of the nooks. I'm also letting it charge for a few hours.