Contributor
karrylou
0 Kudos

Deleting samples from nook

How do I delete samples I've downloaded to my nook?

Frequent Contributor
steve10
0 Kudos

Re: Deleting samples from nook

If you connect via USB to your computer, you will find a folder "My BN Downloads" or something like that.  You should find the files there, and should be able to delete them.

Contributor
ParadigmUSA
0 Kudos

I didn't know you could do that, steve10! What I've been doing is just removing the samples from my ebook livrary online then pressing the button to check for new content and then everything syncs back up.

Frequent Contributor
steve10
0 Kudos

Paradigm, the way you suggest is probably better.  I wasn't thinking about B&N remembering the free sample on the server.  If you just delete the file, it will probabky redownload it next time you synch until you delete it from the server. 

I delete pdf articles from My Documents all the time that way, and have never deleted anything from the Liibrary, so I wasn't thinking about the synching.  Thanks...

Contributor
karrylou
0 Kudos

Thanks I tried that it did't work

Contributor
karrylou
0 Kudos

Will try that Thank you

Frequent Contributor
steve10
0 Kudos

Yeah, my bad.   Do it the way Paradigm suggest.  Checking for new content on the Nook after deleting from the server should take care of it.

Frequent Contributor
LoseTheRadiosMa
0 Kudos

I stopped by my local Barnes & Noble today and asked about the deleting problem. I was told that the "only" way to remove content from the nook's internal hard drive was to reset to factory settings.

If there's content you no longer want, make sure it's out of your online library first - either deleted or archived. Then unregister the nook, reset to factory settings. By resetting to factory settings, you will lose everything so if there are documents or pictures or music you will need to save, make sure you back it up somewhere. Once you've reset the nook, reregister it. Only the unarchived content remaining in your online library will be redownloaded to the nook.

I tried it while at the store and it worked perfectly. Hopefully as time goes on, there will be a simpler way to delete content from the hard drive, but for now, this seems to be the way to go.

Inspired Contributor
antgly
0 Kudos

Please fix this.... It bothers me like I don't know what and discourages me from downloading samples since it's such a pain to delete them.

Important Links

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:20 members 497 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: