Frequent Contributor
Januss331
0 Kudos

Furthest Read-reset after loading PDFs

Hello, I've got 1.1.0 installed first of all. I'm reading a book bought from BN, and when I hook my nook up to my computer to put some new medical journals on it (in PDF format-and I'm not having trouble reading those at all), it resets the position on the book that I was at. In fact, it doesn't recognize that I've gone anywhere in it at all. I load it up and bam, I'm back to page one. Anyone else having that problem? Is this a bug that is going to be addressed or has been?

Contributor
Grumps
0 Kudos

Re: Furthest Read-reset after loading PDFs

This happened to me, but I didn't load anything.  I just connected the nook to my Macbook to

look at the file system, then ejected it.

Not only did it "rewind" my current ebook to the 1st page, it also deleted the 2 bookmarks I'd set up in that book.

One bookmark I'd created as a just-in-case before connecting it to the Mac, to mark my current page.  This was gone, too, and I had to "next-page-it" several dozen times after selecting the chapter I'd been on to get to my current place in the ebook.

Anyone else seen this?

Frequent Contributor
steve10
0 Kudos

Re: Furthest Read-reset after loading PDFs

It seems to be a variation of the same problem that occurs if you power down.  It only occurs with some books, not all.  But it occurs with enough that it's a problem, particularly if it is happening when you connect via USB.  There's not much point in powering down frequently, but USB access can be pretty frequent.

It's definitely a bug.  It's been said that you need to exit the book before doing these operations, but I have a couple books where exiting has no impact.   You can try that, though, in case it helps on some books.   Just leave the book and go somewhere else, like into the library, before connecting USB.  It can't hurt to try.

New User
normaGA
0 Kudos

Re: Furthest Read-reset issues

Yes - I am always at Page 1 - this is annoying....

Is there a "shortcut" so that I can write down the page number i left off at - and then I can jump to that page number....Right now I am having to scroll through pages - hundreds....

Hopefully there is a fix for this problem...and I have version 1.1.1

Frequent Contributor
steve10
0 Kudos

Unfortunately there is currently no jump to page number, another common request.

Most of my books and PDF's don't have this problem.  Maybe I just got lucky.  But there is presently no known fix for the problem.  When it happens, it happens, and consistently so.  When it works, it works, and likewise consistently so.

Frequent Contributor
captobie
0 Kudos

Yes, I've noticed this too and have avoided plugging the nook into my computer because of it.  It doesn't always go back to page one, but it always loses my place.  I label this one "most annoying nook bug".

Important Links

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:6 members 308 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: