Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
Fenring
0 Kudos

Got a Tracking Number

My order was placed on October 20th around 7pm EST.

I'm on the west coast and bn.com usually ships to me from Sparks, NV.

UPS shows "Billing Information Received."

Those of you refreshing your credit card websites and bn.com order status pages can probably stop. The first thing I received was the email with the tracking number. As of this moment, my order status page still says "Not Yet Shipped" and my credit card (B&NMC) doesn't reflect the charge.

No sign of The Tipping Point, but it's possible we won't see those until tomorrow or later when those first 10,000 orders are on their way and can no longer be cancelled.

Inspired Contributor
stirwise
0 Kudos

Re: Got a Tracking Number

Thanks for posting this. I ordered mine at 9pm pacific time on the 20th (so about 5 hours after you) and am also on the west coast. I hadn't heard about any coming out of NV yet, so I'm glad they're starting to get rolling. Hopefully my email is coming soon, I'd really like to unwrap my nook tomorrow!

Inspired Contributor
JoyLovesBooks
0 Kudos

Thank you for describing the nook-is-actually-on-its-way experience. That was thoughtful!  Now I can stop slamming the bn servers and just wait.

Frequent Contributor
pipersline
0 Kudos

Thanks for the update!!! I ordered on Oct. 21st @ 930am EST. I spoke with a BN cust. service rep. and she did an excelent job of checking and double checking for me on my shipping status.  According to her, my nook is schedulded to actually ship on Dec. 9th, which means I wont have it "by Dec. 9th" as the BN email suggested. But still no further emails from BN, and no charge to my account yet.

Contributor
jemmls4
0 Kudos

I got a tracking number last night as well. I ordered 10/21 at 2039. On the summary page it still says not shipped, but if I click on the order it says it was shipped 12/7 and I have a tracking number link. Mine is out for delivery right now.

Inspired Contributor
CaliMar
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Why anyone would put stock in anything said by a B&N Customer Service Rep regarding nook shipping is beyond me.  It's painfully clear those poor CSR's are not being given appropriate/accurate information in order to answer questions.  I feel for them as I'm sure the vast majority would love to be able to answer honestly about each individual situation they are presented with... but when they aren't being given info, they can't relay it.  Even the best intended CSR would probably pass along what they've heard from other CSR's or other customers or belive might be happening... but that doesn't make it honest and accurate info.  I'm not saying they're lying or being duplicitous in any way - they're doing the best they can with what they (don't) have.

It all comes down from corporate... and apparently it's not happening :smileysad:

Until you actually have a tracking number from the shipper it's pretty much all up for grabs.

Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

Envy, envy, envy.  Since my ship date is the 18th, I have heard nothing yet.  I am anxious! Good for those of you who know it is on the way.

Frequent Contributor
Fizix
0 Kudos

My order date: 10/26

My ship date: 11/30

Today's date: 12/8

B&N really messed up on this one!

Frequent Contributor
want2know
0 Kudos

I wonder if the part of the country your in makes a difference?  Maybe if everyone who reports shipments could indicate what state they're in. 

Frequent Contributor
Fizix
0 Kudos

I'm in New Hampshire

New User
mojotogo
0 Kudos

I ordered my nook  on Oct. 21st in the am. I had a promise date of November 30th. I then received an email stating I would have it on the 9th. I still have no tracking number and my order status is "not shipped". I guess I will have to wait another day, UGH! I am so impatient. :smileysad: I feel like a kid waiting for Santa Claus.

Frequent Contributor
Fenring
0 Kudos

Just an update:

I have not yet received my Nook but it has been "Out for Delivery" since about 7:30 this morning.

My order was shipped from Newark, NJ.

The Tipping Point by Malcom Gladwell was added to my ebook library some time today. I did not receive any notification of any kind that I was one of the first 10,000 or that the book had been added.

Inspired Correspondent
lilio
0 Kudos

Good for you!  By the way, are you a Dunes Fan?  Fenring looks familiar.  There is a re-read series I would like to download when i get my nook!

Frequent Contributor
Fenring
0 Kudos

Yes. Dune is definitely my favorite series. I've added the first five to my library already, but Chapterhouse doesn't appear to be available from B&N.

Inspired Contributor
JoyLovesBooks
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

I got mine now, too! 8:30PM ET email on 12/8 notifying me. Just as you described. Email first!  Let me check on the Gladwell book, to see if 10,000 had been hit by 11ET on 10/21...  nope! no book there as of yet. Perhaps I missed that cutoff. No biggie to me.  Oh, and I'm Ohio.

Inspired Contributor
JoyLovesBooks
0 Kudos

Update!  It just boarded the plane!  Here nookie nookie nookie! (Better not say that too loud...)  Come to MAMA...

NEWARK, NJ, US 12/08/2009 10:05 P.M. DEPARTURE SCAN  

12/08/2009 8:32 P.M. ORIGIN SCAN US

12/08/2009 5:43 P.M. BILLING INFORMATION RECEIVED

Frequent Contributor
Fizix
0 Kudos

UPDATE:  My two Nooks shipped 12/9 and are Out for Delivery today!

Inspired Contributor
JAin-NYC
0 Kudos

Fizix wrote:

UPDATE:  My two Nooks shipped 12/9 and are Out for Delivery today!

My Nook ship last night and is out for delivery today too!  I am so excited.