New User
cavetopia
0 Kudos

Horrible Warranty Service Nook

I ordered a Nook for my daughter for Christmas.  I ordered it on Oct 23rd.   It quit working on 12/28.  It only workded for 2 days.   I called customer support and after about 2 hours was advised I should take it back to a store and once the store had it they would ship me a new one right away.  They assured me that it would be the quickest way.   We dropped off the Nook at the store on 12/28.    Since then I have no Nook and nowone will give me any straight answares.  The normal customer service number says they can't do anthing and transfer me to digital support.  Digital support now tells me that I should have never taken it to the store even though they can see by their log notes that I was told that.   The promeis to call me back and NEVER do.   The store manager has been helpful but is also getting the runaround.   He called his support number something called the Q-Hub.  They told him that they could not give a tracking number because UPS was down.   Even Rick the store manager knew he was being lied to.   They offered to give me my money back.   Great my daughter has purchased books for her Nook.  This was her Christmas present.  Its not really an option to get my money back.   So far the district Manager has not called us back.  The only person who has been helpful is Rick the Store Manager.

This ABSOLUTELY SUCKS.   They are unwilling to help and just keep telling me over and over that they can't help me and I need to speak to someone else.

Contributor
Floydian
0 Kudos

Re: Horrible Warranty Service Nook

B&N customer service is besieged by complaints about defective nooks and they just have not been able to handle this well.  I haven't had the problems you had, which sounds horrific, but I still experienced the same lack of honesty and dodging you are describing.

I'm giving them two software updates to correct my problems, and if they don't, I'm going to demand a refund.  To heck with their 14-day return policy.

Frequent Contributor
MikeyG
0 Kudos

cavetopia - check out your private inbox...  the envelope under Help in your name box in the upper right of your screen.

Live to Read, Read to Live...
Contributor
espo56
0 Kudos

Your best bet would be to get your money back and just order a new one online. The next ship date is February 1.  

Inspired Bibliophile
FrogAlum
0 Kudos

espo56 wrote:

Your best bet would be to get your money back and just order a new one online. The next ship date is February 1.  

Newest ship date is Feb. 12th.

Important Links

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:119 members 578 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: