Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
abbadabado
0 Kudos

How do you save your page in a book when you turn your nook off?

How do you save your page in a book when you turn your nook off? Please help It's really annoying me that I can't save my page.

Frequent Contributor
AmyK67
0 Kudos

Re: How do you save your page in a book when you turn your nook off?

You need to add a bookmark. On the touchscreen go to Bookmarks and then Add a Bookmark. Also, do not turn your Nook off...just let it go to sleep or press the top power button for 1 second to put it to sleep. Bookmarks get lost when you power off completely and there is no need to do so. Hope that helps! :-)

Inspired Contributor
Joelmbenge
0 Kudos

First, search these forums.

Second, hit the home button to back out of the book before you finish.  Then, don't turn your nook off (off = blank screen).  Just hit the power button momentarily and it will put your nook to sleep (sleep = image on screen).

There should reportedly be a fix in the next firmware that will fix this.  But there really is no need to turn the nook off.

New User
ming1
0 Kudos

I agree you do not need to turn the nook off, however the power consumption in sleep mode is not negligible; I hope that the next firmware solves this issue.  I would prefer to turn off the nook at night to save power; however I am then tasked with finding where I left off.

Frequent Contributor
pensivegem
0 Kudos

Just wanted to post to stress to the OP that you should never turn your nook off.  (I suppose the only exception to this rule is on a plane.)  If you just let your nook go to sleep, it will save your page.  I have never turned my nook off in the 3 weeks I have owned it.  It has never once lost my page.  I read every day, but have only had to charge it four times.  The battery power lost while in sleep mode is negligible.  

Frequent Contributor
DiggerJim
0 Kudos

abbadabado wrote:

How do you save your page in a book when you turn your nook off? Please help It's really annoying me that I can't save my page.

Don't. It doesn't work reliably. Put it to sleep instead.

BTW, if you travel a lot, you may not always remember to turn it off (vs. putting it to sleep) when on an airplane...some might even recommend you not worry about it and don't bother in fact. As long as you're in Airplane mode does anyone think that there's a real potential that a) a $30M plane is going to be brought down by a $250 ereader, or b) that everyone else on the plane have turned off their Blackberries, cell phones and other electronic devices? Ever wonder why wireless Internet on a plane is bad except now when they can bill you for it? :smileyvery-happy: Better to worry about the possibility that someone on the ground is pointing a surface to air missile at the plane than that your Nook is going to cause it to crash - lots more likely.