Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. On May 1, we’re saying goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
VickietheReader
0 Kudos

Re: Jan. 15 Orders

Hello class of 1/15!

This is just a note of encouragement from an alumni of the class of 1/11. My nook arrived yesterday and I am so pleased! After a 10 minute exercise freeing it from the packaging, (they could charge about $50 less if the packaging wasn't so glitzy!) following the printed directions closely, I plugged it in, it registered itself and uploaded all my preordered books. I was reading it within 5 minutes! I checked the box twice to look for printed documentation, but except for a small folded bit of paper, all the documentationwas on the Nook itself! Ran through that in a few minutes, and started my new book before bedtime.

My nook came with version 1.1.1 pre-installed, so you can ignore all those threads about updating the version. I've ordered a few new books, came in about 30 seconds! I have airplane on and it looks like I'll get about 3-4 days between charges. Not what was advertised, but acceptable.

One small disappointment: The silicone cover I ordered picks up every bit of lint from everything, making the feel of the nook kinda gritty. I am hoping that as the oli from my hand transfers to the cover it will get better. I like the concept, to protect the nook if I drop it, but don't like the feel.

Contributor
Val4ord
0 Kudos

I would be interested in joining the Nook lending club. Would you please add me so I can share my e books?

I still have no e mail update yet and waiting like a kid at Christmas :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
DemonicDuck
0 Kudos

spalma324 I PMed you as requested about the book club...Now I just need my nook...My Pop would go bonkers if I asked him even every day about shipping so I'm just waiting it out until he either tells me it ships or arrives. On the plus side I live in New Jersey(which I consider to quite often be awesome CED. Congrats to those who have shipped\have them...lucky ducks

Contributor
puppeteer23
0 Kudos

Hot diggity, Jan 15ers!!

Just to let you all know...

I just got off the horn with a B&N customer service rep... I realized I had my Nook shipping to my home address rather than my work address which usually is a little easier.

Long story short, she stated that she couldn't change the ship to address because it was in the shipping process already.

I ordered on Dec 5, and my current status hasn't updated... still looking at the last update of Jan 4 with ship date of Jan 15...

So, don't worry if that status hasn't changed yet, it looks like they're starting to get them moving!

Contributor
andrewkatya
0 Kudos

Re: Hot diggity, Jan 15ers!!

puppeteer23 wrote:

Just to let you all know...

I just got off the horn with a B&N customer service rep... I realized I had my Nook shipping to my home address rather than my work address which usually is a little easier.

Long story short, she stated that she couldn't change the ship to address because it was in the shipping process already.

I ordered on Dec 5, and my current status hasn't updated... still looking at the last update of Jan 4 with ship date of Jan 15...

So, don't worry if that status hasn't changed yet, it looks like they're starting to get them moving!

That is good news since my last update was on: December 9, 2009, 4:19 PM EST. I was begning to wonder if there was some movement in the background.

Frequent Contributor
ScrappersNook
0 Kudos

Re: Hot diggity, Jan 15ers!!

Thanks for the encouraging words, Puppiteer....been checking my status so often it probably doesn't have time to change anyway...lol....I'm hoping that mine is already in the shipping process and once my status changes it will be on it's way...still no emails either, tho...soon, hopefully.

Contributor
kahi
0 Kudos

Scrappernook and Melissa where are you guys from in Missouri? Cape Girardeau here

P.S. still no update!

-----
You say hello
Frequent Contributor
DemonicDuck
0 Kudos

I searched for Jan15nookclub on yahoo groups and didn't find anything :smileysad:

Frequent Contributor
ScrappersNook
0 Kudos

Scrappernook and Melissa where are you guys from in Missouri? Cape Girardeau here

Hi Kahi.....I'm from around the Jefferson City area...right in the middle of the state...

And, this is getting to be like the 'watched pot' syndrome...a watched pot never boils, and a watched status report never changes...lol.  

CED
New User
CED
0 Kudos

Oh I didn't mean to imply being from NJ isn't awesome..I know it is! 

Contributor
cinful
0 Kudos

You might say I have been a forum lurker... OK I was... But I have to say I have had more fun reading this "classes" thread then all the others and I am very proud to say I am also a Jan 15 class member. Sadly I have not received my noticed, But I am very happy for those of you who have and for those of you who have already gotten to play with your nook.

jdd
Reader 2
jdd
0 Kudos

Has shipping started for the Jan. 15th orders? I'm waiting on 2 Nooks!!

Frequent Contributor
juliedanurse
0 Kudos

Still no shipment notice :smileysad: Phoned BN and they say it's scheduled for shipment 1/15.  I just downed an entire box of Girl Scout PB sandwiches while reading this thread; sure hope my nook comes soon or I'll gain 20 lbs.!!!

Frequent Contributor
spalma324
0 Kudos

DemonDuck I sent you an invite to the group.

Frequent Contributor
Chrytech2
0 Kudos

This link may help those of you wanting to join the book club group.  http://groups.yahoo.com/search?query=Jan15nookclub

Frequent Contributor
BBBoutique
0 Kudos

juliedanurse ~ LOL. I just baked some brownies while refreshing.  Getting a lot accomplished today.  If my UPS man shows up unannounced with a package from B/N, he can have the whole pan of brownies.  I will probably hug his neck too. 

Frequent Contributor
spalma324
0 Kudos

Awesome thank you for posting the link...anyone wanting to join please click on the link in the above post.  I will approve you as soon as I get it. Thanks for joining.

Frequent Contributor
DemonicDuck
0 Kudos

spalma324 got it and replied

CED - OK glad it was a misunderstanding NJ seems to get a bad rep for such an awesome state yes there are some places in NJ that may smell bad but those areas are MARSHES what do you expect I'm sure all 50 states have areas that aren't pleasant to one's nose.

Contributor
Mellissa728
0 Kudos

I'm right next to Kansas City here.  Still no email, but anxiously waiting.  I joined on the yahoo group.  So cheers to all of us still waiting and congratulations for those who have already received their notices. 

Contributor
lisg
0 Kudos

Just called B&N and am so glad I did. The chesterton cover my husband ordered with the nook is not in stock and they were scheduled to ship together. I had them unbundled so that should free up my nook to ship without it if available. Hopefully that will increase my chance of getting it before the weekend!

My order date was 12/7.

P.S. I had to specifically ask about whether the cover was holding it up, the idea didn't occur to the agent I spoke too (who was very nice and I didn't have to hold at all)