Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
kahi
0 Kudos

Re: Jan. 15 Orders

Do those that have received yours, do you have to sign for it?

-----
You say hello
Correspondent
seasanddollar
0 Kudos

I notice that we still have a few that haven't received shipping emails.  Yet, the Feb. 1 class has a few that have received them.  Hopefully, the emails are just held up. Surely they are finishing our class first.  I will cross my fingers for all who are still waiting.  Mine is due to arrive Monday & it sure is hard to wait.

Contributor
Val4ord
0 Kudos

Mine was delivered without a signature. Hope the rest of Jan. 15 receive theirs soon.

Inspired Contributor
nfbisme
0 Kudos

I think they only make you sign for orders of a certain size.  I'm getting 2 so when I look at UPS tracking it says adult signature required.

Contributor
The_Melodramatic
0 Kudos

I got my Nook!! I haven't decided on a name yet, but it's here! I'm going to charge it tonight!

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

xstitchr wrote:

Oh, frabjous day!

Callooh! Callay!

She chortled in her joy!

Here's one more graduate from the class of 1/15! Nook arrived in mail this morning - I just happened to run into postman when returning from supermarket. Everything worked perfectly out of the box. Had no real trouble opening package - it's incredibly secure. The unit turned on correctly (I did plug in then press the ON key); found my WI-FI within seconds, and downloaded my existing library - bookmarks included.

The only thing I cannot do is get the screen to swipe, but I can live with that. 

Good luck to remaining undergraduates.

Quick short swipes work the best

New User
rphstearns
0 Kudos

My husband ordered a nook for me December 11 and had a ship date of January 15.  Thirty minutes later I ordered a nook for him and it too has a ship date of January 15.  His has shipped but mine has not!  I'm totally bummed since mine was a Christmas present and his is a birthday present and his birthday isn't until next week,

Frequent Contributor
Rex_Green
0 Kudos

My baby is here! And no crying so far! :smileyvery-happy:

Here it is getting it's first charge... Isn't it cute?!?

nook

Contributor
kahi
0 Kudos

charging charging charging

-----
You say hello
Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech
0 Kudos

Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to get the nook out of the box. 

Mission Status:  Completed

YAY for nookie.. it is very cute.

Pirates vs Ninjas?  psssh.... pirates win!

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
Frequent Contributor
ScrappersNook
0 Kudos

SUCCESS !!!    Oh joy oh joy...my Nook did just fine, got it all registered and the whole nine yards....everything is working just as it is supposed to!!!   I did take it to town to our local B&N, tho, cause we live out in the country, didn't want to trust our router wifi, at least not to register, and all went very very well...oh I am so happy.  Now to get started on my new book....gonna read 'The Blindside'.....oh I'm so excited for everyone else to get their shipping notices....it's just so awesome.  Be back later.   I'm one happy Nook camper!!  WOO HOO Thank you B&N !

Distinguished Correspondent
Globaltech
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

anything that comes with a manual about how to take it out of the box.... well.. just think about it.

Registration was simple and easy.  unsure If i was on my home network or using 3g.  Waiting for the full charge to take the tour. 

HATE the screensaver of the old author dead dude.

will be replacing asap with something more friendly like

*yes i know color is not available.. will convert it to pretty greyscalies.

+++++++++++++++++++
¡sʞooq ɹǝʎ ,uıןɐǝʇs sɯnɹoɟ ǝɥʇ uı ǝɹɐ sǝʇɐɹıd ¡sǝou ɥo
Inspired Contributor
nfbisme
0 Kudos

Rex_Green wrote:

My baby is here! And no crying so far! :smileyvery-happy:

Here it is getting it's first charge... Isn't it cute?!?

nook

Just love it!

Reader 2
TheLooseThread
0 Kudos

Hey, anyone else have this situation?  I received my shipping notice on 1/13, but for over 2 days the UPS status just says "Billing Information Received."  Technically, that means that it hasn't been picked up from Barnes & Noble by UPS.  But perhaps they sometimes forget to scan the package when they pick it up?  Dunno. 

Contributor
lisg
0 Kudos

Finally got my shipping notice last night. Not scheduled to arrive until Tuesday but at least I know when it is on it's way. Can't wait. Would share all my "stats" but doesn't matter this late in the game :smileyhappy:

Inspired Contributor
nfbisme
0 Kudos

TheLooseThread wrote:

Hey, anyone else have this situation?  I received my shipping notice on 1/13, but for over 2 days the UPS status just says "Billing Information Received."  Technically, that means that it hasn't been picked up from Barnes & Noble by UPS.  But perhaps they sometimes forget to scan the package when they pick it up?  Dunno. 

I have had this happen with UPS with other retailers.  One time it still said that and then only updated to show it was delivered.  Another time the listing of in transit locations didn't make sense because it looked like a package had returned to its home city.  I've also had the out for delivery notice show up and not get an item until the next day, so.....

It did take some time for my nook shipment to update, but not that long, like a day.  I do think others said this happened to them but might have been over a weekend. 

Frequent Contributor
ScrappersNook
0 Kudos

So I'm really happy with my Nook...nary a problem of any kind...it's all connected to our home wifi, now...got my first book ordered, downloaded and thinking about getting brave enough to try a sideload....I just don't want to do anything to freeze my poor lil Nook the first day I have it....but oh I do love reading it...I do the swipe thing about 4 lines from the bottom, by time I finish reading that page, and look up, the next page is loading...I'm a fast reader, and just needed to figure out how quick to swipe...and do I love that feature....I was so afraid, after reading all the posts on other threads about how it didn't work....anyway....loving my Nook!    Velva

Reader 2
kanjip
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

on the Decalgirl skin how does the skin affect the buttons? if it does at all i looked at the skins and i am thinking of getting one for my nook

Bibliophile
bklvr896
0 Kudos

I got my shipping notice yesterday and it was delivered today!!!:smileyvery-happy:  It was really hard to stay at work this afternoon and actually be productive, knowing it was sitting here waiting for me.

It's now charging, which is ok, cause I have the last few chapters of a regular book that I need to finish.  So far everything is working ok, I got it registered, I just need to connect it to my wifi.

One question though, I was going through the "Tour" and somehow fat fingered my way out of it, and I can't figure out how to get back to it.  Guess I'll do some more exploring after it's charged.  It's not in a really good place for me to play with while it's plugged in.

But, I'm so happy it made it here before the weekend, I have 3 whole days off to play with it.

Contributor
Mellissa728
0 Kudos

My nook is working perfect, I even sideloaded a book from the library and it did take a minute to figure out how to, but once i did it's simple enough to do again.  Decalgirl skin is on and I suck at things like that so it's a bit crooked but hey it's cute, as for the buttons mine covers the button and is a dark blueish but there are arrows (mine are so light you can barely see them) where the buttons are so you could use them but also on the nook itself it has a bump on the buttons which are able to be felt for over the skin, so it's not hard at all to click over the skin.  After playing with it all day though I figured out how to swipe to change pages which is working great.  My skin has a blue alien and a chamelion on it and was named (with help from my daughter) Bob & Bleepers.  Yes evidentally my nook has two personalities.  :smileyhappy: