Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
andrewkatya
0 Kudos

Re: Jan. 15 Orders

Sigh, still nothing on my end and I am in SLC, no credit card charge or shipping information :smileyindifferent:

Frequent Contributor
ScrappersNook
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

What's the old saying, 'no news is good news'....I guess that's me......nothing here as of this morning.

Hey, Melissa!!  Another Missouri gal here...go MIZZOU!    I'll be checking constantly this morning to see if mine is on the way.  We have also ordered a new 5th Wheel...due to be delivered this week...so the race is on for hubby and I to see who gets their new toy first...(tho the 5th Wheel I will claim too..)

Contributor
amunetp
0 Kudos

You are all too entertaining, lol.  At least it keeps us occupied till we get our Nooks!  No charge or shipping notice yet for me, can't wait enough for Friday.

Frequent Contributor
BBBoutique
0 Kudos

No charge or shipping notice for me either.  Ordered on 12/9.  Sunday is my birthday so I'm hoping to have it for the weekend.  Please come through for me, B/N.  It would be the best birthday EVER!

Contributor
puppeteer23
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

No ship notice for me yet, either... ordered Dec. 5 about 11:30pm.  Will let y'all know. :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
Rex_Green
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

McQuigg wrote:

[...] I'm also thinking that the folks at BN are having a good time laughing at all of our shipping order theories. :smileytongue: [...]

I hope they don't have time to do that! If all the B&Ners aren't out on the manufacturing floor or on the shipping dock 7x24, they darn well better get out there!!!  1/2 :smileymad:  1/2 :smileyvery-happy:

Contributor
mich73
0 Kudos

Ordered on Dec. 7th, got the shipping notice last night, and per the UPS site, it's "Out for Delivery". 

There's hope, more shipping notices should be going out today!

Contributor
cheermom10
0 Kudos

I am in the Feb 1 class but I have really enjoyed reading all the responses in this forum.  Everyone is so upbeat and happy and very funny.  Thanks so much for keeping it fun.  I am very excited to see that so many of you are getting shipping notices.  I hope that means that ours will come soon.  I would love to be a part of a lending book club (if you will let me join).  Keep the information coming. 

Contributor
Sky1VJ
0 Kudos

UPS just left! My Alice Nook cover has arrived! Now all I need is my Nook to fill it! I hope, I hope I get a shipping notice today (keeping fingers crossed):smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
spalma324
0 Kudos

Ok I am trying to put something together for us to be in a book club together. I added the people to my friend list. Please send me a private message if you are interested and we will get something going.

Reader 4
fairekayla
0 Kudos

Ordered Dec 7 from Cali... still waiting.

Would LOVE to get an early bday gift... crossing fingers :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
dreamcatcherSM
0 Kudos

I am a Feb 1 person but would like to participate in a book club with you.  I do no know how to send a private message so if someone can tell me how to do that I will!:smileyhappy:

CED
New User
CED
0 Kudos

Nook received!

My husband just emailed me that he received it at work (it was a Christmas gift for me).  I have been monitoring this board and so have been "asking" (um, harassing) him if he received a shipping notice since last Friday.  He has been saying he has not, but I think maybe he just wanted to "surprise" me when he received it.  Now I will anxiously await the end of the day more than usual!

So hopefully everyone here will be getting theirs soon!  (FYI; last name "D", shipping to NJ.  Not sure of order date).

Contributor
iheartnook
0 Kudos

well the warehouse is in New Jeresy because that's where mine is being shipped from. That's probably why you got yours so quick! Congrats! Let us know how you like it!!!!

Frequent Contributor
Amanda98
0 Kudos

Hi, I'm part of 2/1 class, but also would love to be part of a book club or exchange club of some sort...not sure how to private message either! 

Frequent Contributor
spalma324
0 Kudos

Congrats on receiving your NOOK!!!!! WOO HOO

BOOK CLUB UPDATE
Everyone that said they were interested I sent you private messages. if you look in the upper right hand corner there should be an envelope and a number next to it that is your Barnes and Noble email inbox. I sent you messages. Please read and let me know what you think. Please respond with a private message. If I missed you and you didn't get a PM please send me a message and I will add you to the list.

CED
New User
CED
0 Kudos

Yes, one of those very rare occassions when it pays to be from Jersey! :smileywink:

In between "working" today I will check out the manual online so I can get started asap.  I might poke around other topics here, too; I have been avoiding them because looking at some of the problems other people are having was making me nervous!

Would love to join a Nook book club but should probably buy some things first so that I can reciprocate lending...!

Reader
lalalainy
0 Kudos

I would also be interested in the book club/lending to others on the board.

I think my boyfriend is trying to suprise me too, he ordered the Nook as a christmas gift, and I keep asking him today if he recieved a shipping notice and he never replies. We live in PA, so it wont take long to get her once it ships. My cover is coming tomorrow. Cannot wait!

Frequent Contributor
spalma324
0 Kudos

Ok please bare with me...I am trying to figure out the best way to get a group going. I sent out some private emails to those who were interested. As I am doing this I am figuring things out...I think we need to have our MY B&N status to friends to view. Once you have that set then we can see each others libraries...

Also if you are interested in the Jan 15th Nook Club (you don't have to be from Jan. 15th all are welcome) please send me a private message with your email address. Then I will send you an evite to the Yahoo Group I started for this group. That is the only way I can figure out how we can all chat and get a book club going.

Sorry for the confussion this is new for me and i am working on how to make it as easy as possible :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
spalma324
0 Kudos

Ok here is what I did...

I created a Yahoo Group...you can search for it and request to join or PM me with your email address and I will send you an invite.

When you look it up type in the search bar...Jan15nookclub