Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Tony48809
0 Kudos

Re: Jan. 15 Orders

I got my cover and light today from UPS, but still no shipping notice. I didn't think I could be more anxious for it to come , but now I am. My order was placed Dec. 10th, I live in Michigan, and my last name starts with M.

Contributor
LinaMay
0 Kudos

Got the Kate Spade cover for Christmas from my daughter and son now just need the Nook to go in it...still no ship notice :smileysad: Ordered on 12/8 live in South Dakota and name begins with B.

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

lisg wrote:

Just called B&N and am so glad I did. The chesterton cover my husband ordered with the nook is not in stock and they were scheduled to ship together. I had them unbundled so that should free up my nook to ship without it if available. Hopefully that will increase my chance of getting it before the weekend!

My order date was 12/7.

P.S. I had to specifically ask about whether the cover was holding it up, the idea didn't occur to the agent I spoke too (who was very nice and I didn't have to hold at all)

OMG!! I just called to do the same thing. They said my Chesterton cover was back ordered too!!

I got right through to CS

Frequent Contributor
spalma324
0 Kudos

I called too...they said nothing will be held up and it is being sent out on the 15th. Guess I am not getting it early :smileysad: Bummer.

Frequent Contributor
Lillie-Monster

Ok everyone...... here is the my motto right now:

Frequent Contributor
BBBoutique
0 Kudos

I'm sure if you call and ask they aren't going to tell you an earlier ship date.  My bet is they're going to stick to the promised scheduled ship date just in case they don't all go out early.

Contributor
Val4ord
0 Kudos

I hope I recieve my Nook on Friday the 15th, but no e mail or update it still says the 15th!!!!:smileyindifferent:

Last name "M"

Northeast Ohio

I am dreaming of my Nook

Frequent Contributor
Lillie-Monster
0 Kudos

I should also add...

Contributor
delta2ul
0 Kudos

My Motto is "Don't Panic" in large friendly letters (suprised no makes a cover with this on it)

Dec 4 order, first letter A, Indiana, no e-mail yet......

Contributor
andrewkatya
0 Kudos

Lillie-Monster wrote:

I should also add...

Lol, I wonder if anyone will have a heart attack from all the anticipation...

Frequent Contributor
Lillie-Monster
0 Kudos

delta2ul wrote:

My Motto is "Don't Panic" in large friendly letters (suprised no makes a cover with this on it)

Haha, I have my towel ready!

Contributor
lisg
0 Kudos

delta2ul wrote:

I was thinking of making that my screen saver :smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor
juliedanurse
0 Kudos

Melissa728:  I'm next to KC too..in Lawrence

Frequent Contributor
juliedanurse
0 Kudos

YAY!!! Shipping notice!

It's on the way!  Hubby just got shipping notice with a UPS tracking number!!

Frequent Contributor
ScrappersNook
0 Kudos

Well, I have my order number memorized, don't even have to check my statement to type it in...how pathetic is that?  No change in my order status since December 7, I just keep hoping that it is on the way and the status updates are late...now wouldn't that be nice...

Love you guys' mottos...I'm trying the 'patience is a virture' one....

Frequent Contributor
ScrappersNook
0 Kudos

Re: YAY!!! Shipping notice!

Oh YAY for you Julie!!  That is awesome....see, now I just want to go check one more time.......

Contributor
puppeteer23
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

lisg wrote:

delta2ul wrote:

I was thinking of making that my screen saver :smileyhappy:

If you check out this thread:

HHGttG Wallpaper Thread

Someone already has. :smileyhappy:

Distinguished Bibliophile
deemure
0 Kudos

I am in Michigan, nook was ordered Dec7, no word yet.  I seem to recall Minnesotans getting their nooks early in some other graduating classes.  I think the Great Lakes throw them off here.  I used to have a don't panic button which seems counterintuitive.

"I still believe in spite of everything that people are good at heart." Anne Frank.
Reader 4
Michal
0 Kudos

finally! i also received shipping notice, order was placed on dec 10, chicago area,

Frequent Contributor
ScrappersNook
0 Kudos

More notices going out...so that surely bodes well for the rest of us......still checking on mine every other minute or so....