Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Scribe
Kevin

Jan. 15 Orders

These threads are always among the most active, as people with the same expected ship dates gather to compare notes about when they ordered, and (more importantly) when they got their nooks.

Let’s use this thread for people in the “Class of Jan. 15.” (We’ll post Jan. 15 updates here as we have them.)

Contributor
Sky1VJ
0 Kudos

Re: Jan. 15 Orders

Hello! I placed my order Dec 11 with the knowledge of an Jan 15 ship date. Will there be any more delays after the holidays?

Contributor
MariAlejandra
0 Kudos

I ordered on the 11th as well. I don't see why there would be any delays but you never know.

Correspondent
seasanddollar
0 Kudos

Ordered Dec. 8, and can't wait to get my hands on it!!! Sure hope there are no delays & I hope they are working perfectly by then!

Contributor
AKGolf
0 Kudos

I ordered on Dec 5 for my wife and the "nook Holiday Certificate" did not arrive.

I called customer service and they said they were sorry,  but nothing they could do.  How could they not get a piece of paper out in time for Christmas or at least let me know that it wouldn't arrive on an order that far in advance?  Why did I have to call?  I got the impression from the CSR that they ran out of them?  They couldn't email me?

The CSR recommended that I create my own certificate and place it under the tree.  I said that was a good idea,  although I would go a little farther.  I'll make up two,  one for the nook and one for the Kindle and let her decide which one she wants.  I feel sorry for the CSR having to field phone calls from other customers in the same situation,  but B&N needs to be a little more proactive.

Contributor
MariAlejandra
0 Kudos

AKGolf did you receive an email that B&N had shipped the certificate or just nothing at all? I know I received an email saying it had shipped on Dec 16th and I didn't receive it till the 24th. I wanted to blame B&N but truth be told it wasn't B&N fault. It was just delayed somewhere between DHL and the USPS. I'm sory you didn't have the actualy certificate to put beneath the tree. I hope your wife enjoys whichever e-reader she decides, but hopefully she'll pick the nook. :smileywink:

New User
Sassy76
0 Kudos

My mom ordered one for me on Dec. 7th. I am ecstatic!!!! I really hope B&N gets this out quickly!!

Reader 2
oceanwinds
0 Kudos

My husband ordered mine December 7th. I really hope there are no more delays!

Frequent Contributor
ahintz
0 Kudos

My parents got me a Nook for Christmas, and ordered it on Dec. 7, so it looks like I am in this batch! Can't wait to get my Nook!

Contributor
kahi
0 Kudos

Mine was ordered on the 4th of December

-----
You say hello
Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

Ordered mine Dec 5th. Halfway there!

Contributor
amunetp
0 Kudos

Hey everyone! I ordered on the 8th and am excited, that it's almost January.  I'm just hoping we are lucky and the date doesn't get pushed back too far.

Frequent Contributor
jimcook2
0 Kudos

My wife ordered my nook on 10 Dec and it is still listed to be shipped on 15 Jan.

Contributor
AKGolf
0 Kudos

MariAlejandra wrote:

AKGolf did you receive an email that B&N had shipped the certificate or just nothing at all? I know I received an email saying it had shipped on Dec 16th and I didn't receive it till the 24th. I wanted to blame B&N but truth be told it wasn't B&N fault. It was just delayed somewhere between DHL and the USPS. I'm sory you didn't have the actualy certificate to put beneath the tree. I hope your wife enjoys whichever e-reader she decides, but hopefully she'll pick the nook. :smileywink:

I did receive an email that it was sent on the 14th and that it should arrive in 3-8 business days which means it should have arrived by the 24th.  Buy why wait 9 days to send it out?  If it was mailed out within two days of the order there wouldn't be an issue, or they could have sent a printable certificate in an email and that would have worked.

My wife is researching both of them now and will let me know.

Frequent Contributor
BBBoutique
0 Kudos

Ordered Dec 9th.  Can't wait for its arrival!

Frequent Contributor
BBBoutique
0 Kudos

Forgot to add...Noticed tonight I was finally charged for my purchase yesterday on the 25th, so maybe it will be shipping soon.  I had been told I wouldn't be charged until shipment. (Ordered Dec 9th)

Frequent Contributor
Denker
0 Kudos

I really hope we graduate on time. I also hope that B&N gives us updates promptly. I don't see why if last minute production was able to happen in time to send out "Christmas/Holiday" orders, why B&N won't be able to get future orders delivered on time or even earlier than estimated. I'm really looking forward to my nook. 

Contributor
DentArthurDent
0 Kudos

I was charged yesterday, maybe we can expect an early arrival.  The anticipation is killing me.

Reader 2
BrianandBethany
0 Kudos

What day were your orders placed from the couple of you being charged by B&N already? Not planning on getting an early shipment as I seem to have placed my order later than most (Dec. 11th) but just thought it would be interesting to see how far along in the shipment process they are.

Inspired Wordsmith
Ed_Mart
0 Kudos

All right.  I placed my order on Dec 8th and just found out that my CC was charged on Dec 25th.  However, my order status on the B&N website still shows an anticipated ship date of Jan 15, and I have received no emails confirming shipment.