Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

New User
AMP35
0 Kudos

Lending books from nook to nook

Hi - has anyone been successful at lending books from one nook to another?  I have tried with another nook user.  Each of us can receive and download the book however when we tried to read it, the nook tells us our loan period has expired.  The kicker is that we can read the same loaned book on our ereaders on our phone.    I'm assuming we are doing something wrong but I'm not sure what the trick is.

Help please.

Also - does anyone know - I have read that we can only lend any one book once.  Is that true?

Thanks in advance!

Frequent Contributor
Anarel
0 Kudos

Re: Lending books from nook to nook

Yup once, ever.

Not once per person, once ever.

Like, if you lend it to Susan you can't lend the same book to Jill after you got it back from Susan.

It sucks. The idea of it sounded great before you got to that fact.

New User
AMP35
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.  Have you been able to lend a book to another nook reader who was actually able to read the book on his/her nook?  That is where we are struggling.

Thanks.

New User
rmh_1975
0 Kudos

I have had the same problem lending.  My best friend and I lent each other books about a week ago and the same day we sent them, it said the loan period has expired. And they still said they're loaned out on our nooks.  Today, after some checking around, we were able to open the loaned books on the computer, with our name and CC#. But still not on the nook.  Not sure what's going on with the LendMe feature.  Maybe it's just not quite ready yet. 

New User
AMP35
0 Kudos

Hi, I did some more reading on the blogs here yesterday.  It looks like everyone is having the same issue.  I understood from one of the blogs that B&N is aware of the issue and is planning to fix it with the next software update.  I guess the answer it to hold tight and try not to loan for now.

New User
SMTaggart
0 Kudos

Yes that is what I read, that a book could only be loaned out once.  From what I've read any ebook I've bought through B&N should be eligible for loaning, but the only books that have the LoanMe icon are the Free books.  What's up with that?  I purchased several books last night when I got the nook, and none of those are "loanable".  So I guess i'm not understanding what the lending process amounts to at this point.:smileysad: