Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
wiredog
0 Kudos

Loaned book not returned.

Loaned a book on Jan2.  The person I loaned it to can still read it even though the 14 day period has expired.  So when will it be "returned"? Was the default loan period extended?

Contributor
wiredog
0 Kudos

Re: Loaned book not returned.

Still can't read the book.  Any ideas anyone?

Inspired Scribe
Josh_W
0 Kudos

Do you know what date the loaning offer was accepted? The 14 day count begins from that point.
Contributor
wiredog
0 Kudos

It was accepted on the 3rd. 

The interesting thing is, the person the book was loaned to was Rob Pegoraro of the WaPo.  He borrowed my Nook for the review he did last weekend and loaned the book to his B&N reader application on his iPhone. 

New User
robpegoraro
0 Kudos

Exactly as wiredog described--and yes, I can still read the book in the iPhone app, even after installing an updated version of it. Do I have to shake the phone upside down or something to get it to release the loan?

Contributor
wiredog
0 Kudos

Been a month since it was loaned out, still not returned.  Shows as "on Loan".  

Reader 2
Gonetopieces
0 Kudos

I loaned a book to my daughter, she returned it 2 days ago and it still is listed as "on loan". I can't read it and neither can she. Now what?

Distinguished Correspondent
SlaughterS
0 Kudos

robpegoraro wrote:

Exactly as wiredog described--and yes, I can still read the book in the iPhone app, even after installing an updated version of it. Do I have to shake the phone upside down or something to get it to release the loan?

Interesting Image of "shaking" the iphone over your friends nook to poor the book back in.

This is the Internet. I'm not going to let my complete lack of actual knowledge stop me from giving my opinion....
Frequent Contributor
Paul58
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Maybe you need to enlist the help of the electronic goon squad and go bust some virtual kneecaps!  I attempted loaning an ebook once, it failed, I've not tried again for this very reason!  B&N's not got a very good track record with this Lend Me feature, and I certainly don't want to take the chance of loosing the use of an ebook forever, until I know it's been fixed and proven to work flawlessly every time!

It's too bad they don't have a return feature like the Overdrive does on Library ebooks.  Then if it's not returned automatically, the lendee can choose to return it manually.