Reader 2
TypeFace
0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Lock up and Look up - Both a problem

One of my first book purchases was a New King James version of the bible.  At first I just had problems finding a specific text.  Search was very slow and no provision that I could find to just enter book, chapter, verse.

Now, however, the Nook locks up at some point when I am trying to get into the book.  It either starts flashing "loading book" and it takes forever (ok, so 30 minutes was the longest I waited, but it still wasn't in, so I assumed the forever part), or it display the last read page, but will not accept any movement from that point.

Twice now, I have had to shut down to regain use of the Nook (the 20 second shut down, to a quick off).

Also when it locks up, the touch screen stays on - does not fade out as it normally should.

The book is unusable, but B&N has a no return policy for ebook.

Inspired Contributor
GeoffreyF
0 Kudos

Re: Lock up and Look up - Both a problem

These kinds of problems often relate to how the book is formatted.  I've heard there are some badly done KJ bibles out there.  I can't remember which is good or bad though you may find some mentions elsewhere on this board.

B&N will return your money if they cannot get the book to behave properly on your nook.  They have done it for me.  Give them a chance to sort it out but if they can't they will refund the money.   Some support people can be jerks about this so just persist, ask to speak to a supervisor.   There is a difference between not liking the content, for which you do not get a refund and the book working defectively.

So call customer service.   Other possibilities are that the nook needs to be reset in some way but let them guide you.

Important Links

Top Kudoed Authors
User Kudos Count
Users Online
Currently online:45 members 395 guests
Please welcome our newest community members: