Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Frequent Contributor
WildNole
0 Kudos

Love My Nook!

I got my Nook  a couple of weeks ago and can't believe how much I love it!!  Like many, I have always been a "book" person and wasn't sure I was ready to give up the feel of holding a book but, as some have reported, the feel of the Nook is very good.  It took me longer to get it out of the protective case than it did to get up up and running.  I had purchased an e-book that I was reading on my PC and it picked it up and downloaded it to the Nook with no problems. I was able to purchase a book with no problems and set up a trial subscription to the New Yorker with no problems.  I agree the page turn takes a bit of time to get used to but I have pretty much figured out that if I hit the turn page button just before I start the next to last line it works great. 

I'm guessing there are thousands out there just like me who have had no problems out of the box and thought I would post this to try to balance out all the Debbie Downers!! :-)

Correspondent
Princess_V
0 Kudos

Re: Love My Nook!

[ Edited ]

WildNole,

I'm with you!  I've had my nook since late December & have enjoyed reading on it!  I just showed it off today & may have turned a book lover into an e-book lover!

Thanks for starting a positive thread!

Frequent Contributor
Luv2Read10
0 Kudos

I love my nook too. I just keep thinking of new books I want all the time. I use swagbucks as my search engine so I can win swagbucks and get B & N gift cards with them, it saves me some money. Thought you all might like a way to earn gift cards.

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/Britariel

Search here to win swagbucks to purchase Barnes and Noble giftcards.
Frequent Contributor
ScrappersNook
0 Kudos

I have had my Nook for two weeks yesterday, never a problem and I love it so much.  Very thankful that I haven't experienced the problems others have had, and have every expectation that I won't.  The one thing I still haven't gotten to do is take to to a B&N and try the 'more in store'...I don't know if ours has it yet, or not.

Anyway, I too am happy to see the positive thread.  The Nook is one great little reader and I'm so thankful to have one all for myself.   Velva

Inspired Contributor
Evrosado
0 Kudos

I got my Nook for Christmas and love it.  I have read a book a week.  the page turns are a little slow and it started to freeze up on me, but I search here on the boards and found a solution. I've had no problems with getting books from the library and using ADE to sideload the books.  Even my purchases have been smooth.

Overall, it's great.  Once B&N provides the updates, it should kick serious @#$^.  A friend of mine that owns a Kindle is seriously considering the Nook to replace her Kindle.  She has owned the Kindle for about year.

Evelyn
Distinguished Wordsmith
eDigest
0 Kudos

WildNole wrote:

I'm guessing there are thousands out there just like me who have had no problems out of the box and thought I would post this to try to balance out all the Debbie Downers!! :-)

Here, here!  I have a mid-December nook and, with one minor problem in late December, it has been flawless.  I'm lovin' it and my wife wants to jettison her Kindle for a nook.

Frequent Contributor
Anarel
0 Kudos

[ Edited ]

Oops >_<

Frequent Contributor
WildNole
0 Kudos

How ironic!! Just posted how great it was and had my first hiccup.  Picked it up this afternoon and it was frozen. However, I found the "take out the battery and plug into the computer" fix and that did it.  Currenly charging it back up since I guess the batter power got too low.  Either that or I just happened to pick it up just as Beyonce was coming on the Grammys and the Nook shut down in protest!!  :smileyvery-happy:

Correspondent
Heritage07
0 Kudos

Love mine too. I just finished my first book Under the Dome 823 pages! My Nook never missed a beat.