Since 1997, you’ve been coming to BarnesandNoble.com to discuss everything from Stephen King to writing to Harry Potter. You’ve made our site more than a place to discover your next book: you’ve made it a community. But like all things internet, BN.com is growing and changing. We've said goodbye to our community message boards—but that doesn’t mean we won’t still be a place for adventurous readers to connect and discover.

Now, you can explore the most exciting new titles (and remember the classics) at the Barnes & Noble Book Blog. Check out conversations with authors like Jeff VanderMeer and Gary Shteyngart at the B&N Review, and browse write-ups of the best in literary fiction. Come to our Facebook page to weigh in on what it means to be a book nerd. Browse digital deals on the NOOK blog, tweet about books with us,or self-publish your latest novella with NOOK Press. And for those of you looking for support for your NOOK, the NOOK Support Forums will still be here.

We will continue to provide you with books that make you turn pages well past midnight, discover new worlds, and reunite with old friends. And we hope that you’ll continue to tell us how you’re doing, what you’re reading, and what books mean to you.

Contributor
Cartouche
0 Kudos

MP3 files for nook from Windows Media Player files

For those who wish to play music/songs (in the nook audio player) when those have been ripped in Windows Media Player(found in 'My Music' under 'My Documents" and maybe sync-ed with a portable player, like a Sony Walkman, and have a file extension of  *.wma,  these files will have to be converted to a   mp3 file( mp3 format sound), that is, a file extension of  *.mp3  in order to play on the nook audio player.  This can be accomplished by obtaining a file converter.   A FREE WMA to MP3 Converter may be downloaded from http://www.jodix.com .  It has no advertising, spam et. al.  I gave it a check with my antivirus program and it is clean.  It installs easily and gives simple instructions;  I used the parameters it presented and they have worked well.

Important Note: Take your SD or SDHC card   Out of the nook   and put into a card reader/writer, on your computer or USB type reader, to place the mp3 files on the SD card.  If you try to convert the wma files on the SD card while it is mounted in the nook,   you may get extraneous files,   which will then render the SD card temporarily useless, no files will be read by the nook, then you would have to do the following( I did): remove the SD card from the nook; put it into a card reader, go to 'My Computer' (in Windows Explorer), select the drive it represents, like 'removable drive E: '(on the right hand side of display of Windows Explorer), then go to "File" heading, choose 'Format' and reformat the SD card; this erases and clears it for use.  Then put your music mp3 files on the card.  Luckily, podcasts are delivered as mp3 files and no conversion is necessary.

Happy Holidays & Listening to Music on Your nook 

Frequent Contributor
Blue_Owl
0 Kudos

Re: MP3 files for nook from Windows Media Player files

Thank you so much.  I've been wondering how to accomplish this.  I'll be having great fun with my music this weekend. Thank you again   :smileyvery-happy:

"Always remember, never forget; wherever you go, there you are."